Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Clan brawls was brilliant

25 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,869 posts
4,633 battles

Seriously wargaming, great idea!

It gets the clan together more often, tons of fun, and a great time to practise, as losses dont hurt the clan like they do in proper clan battles.

Looking forwards to more of these in the future, maybe even as a weekly event? Like it could be every saturday, the prospect of a different tier every week should also keep it nice and fresh.

Love it, do more of it!

• Cool 11

[BAD-F]
Players
304 posts
7,317 battles

Agreed!  We only had one game as our skipper forgot(!) but yeah, It'd be good if this could be repeated regularly.  Well done WG!  More please!

And rotating the tiers - full agreement there.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,594 posts
7,498 battles

Would be great if those events wouldnt be on Saturday basicly always... due to work, i almost cant participate ever :Smile_sad:

Sunday would be nice f.e.

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
545 posts
11,216 battles

It was fun, and informal. I liked it. Though we could only play like 6 or 7 battles.

I'd like to see more, idk about weekly but more frequently, yes. Changing up the tiers seems interesting as well. 

Tier 2 CB when? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
1,869 posts
4,633 battles
33 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

It was fun, and informal. I liked it. Though we could only play like 6 or 7 battles.

I'd like to see more, idk about weekly but more frequently, yes. Changing up the tiers seems interesting as well. 

We all know that t1 is where its at :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
2,187 posts
13,994 battles

It was great fun, no "need" to win.

And WG could even test out other maps in semi-competitive format to see if they might be suited for CB (or ranked).

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,197 posts
5,549 battles

I second the OP : it was really fun, we had 15 games in my clan where usually few people are interested in competitive games ...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,363 battles

If only it was moved to Sunday from Saturday. Most people don't stay at home on saturdays.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
1,602 posts
3,134 battles
13 hours ago, thiextar said:

Seriously wargaming, great idea!

It gets the clan together more often, tons of fun, and a great time to practise, as losses dont hurt the clan like they do in proper clan battles.

Looking forwards to more of these in the future, maybe even as a weekly event? Like it could be every saturday, the prospect of a different tier every week should also keep it nice and fresh.

Love it, do more of it!

Yes please more of these one day brawl events, and across more tiers.

Weekly would be too much, once every 4 weeks, given we have other events including ranked and Clan Battles to fit in.

@Crysantosand @MrConwayhope you both can feed back to the powers that need to know. Clan Brawl is a fantastic idea, please can we have more, other than the one session we already have planned for a couple of weeks.

• Cool 1

Players
1,387 posts
11 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Indeed, now we can visit tiers that are mostly ignored by the competitive players. Why not play tier 4, 5, 6 and 7? Great change of pace and generally a fun gamemode. 

• Cool 2

[_FK_]
Players
163 posts
2,391 battles

Very much enjoyed it!

I also vote for having this more often.

[POI--]
Players
5,939 posts
7,236 battles

Indeed, it was a nice experience, though the way ingame times were stated was confusing, when it stated 18:00 CEST for EU, but started at 17:00. Otherwise, fun mode and very well-received by our clan.

Players
791 posts
15,483 battles

It was great fun we only did about 8 battles but was a good laugh and got the regulars together, I really hope we can have more things like this it's good team building. 

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Players
228 posts
13,810 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Indeed, now we can visit tiers that are mostly ignored by the competitive players. Why not play tier 4, 5, 6 and 7? Great change of pace and generally a fun gamemode. 

Well t9, t7 and t5 are broken by premiums I d prefer not to have competitive stuff here. And t4 is a little annoying as guns neither hit hard nor hit at all.

[-AP-]
Players
1,869 posts
4,633 battles
2 hours ago, niclasknig said:

Well t9, t7 and t5 are broken by premiums I d prefer not to have competitive stuff here. And t4 is a little annoying as guns neither hit hard nor hit at all.

Thats partly why i think that these tiers fit in clan brawl though, since clan brawls are just a one-day thing to bring the clan together, some competitiveness can be sacrificed for variety.

I wouldnt want a full clan wars season in tier 9(hello musashi, kronshtadt, kita and alaska) But it would be great fun as the occasional one-day clan event.

[BAD-F]
Players
304 posts
7,317 battles
11 hours ago, Skyllon said:

If only it was moved to Sunday from Saturday. Most people don't stay at home on saturdays.

Why not sessions on both Sat and Sun, not every one can do a Sunday.

• Cool 2

Moderator, Supertester, Sailing Hamster
411 posts

I totally agree! Clan Brawl was the best idea WG had since at least 3 years. Competitive, but not too serious (no penalty for lost battles). We had problems to motivate our members for the last CB season, which meant we were only able to play about 50% of the days. Clan Brawl was completely different. It was just pure fun and even our less competitive members had a lot of fun this day.

I am looking forward to the next brawl. I hope Clan Brawl will be implemented as a permanent feature with seasons comparable to Clan battles. Rewards should of course be a bit lower than for Clan Battles, but I'd like to see Clan Brawl as an opportunity for non-competitive players to earn some additional steel.

• Cool 2

[RAIN]
Players
108 posts
11,484 battles

I have to agree on this one, the clan brawl was a lot of fun to play and I hope we get to play some other tiers aswell!! :cap_horn:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,880 posts
5,293 battles
On 7/7/2019 at 7:04 PM, niclasknig said:

And t4 is a little annoying as guns neither hit hard nor hit at all.

Have you heard about our Lord and Saviour Impregnator Nikolai and his cousin Arkansas Beta?

Players
705 posts
8,874 battles

I'd promote the idea of introducing a win-only progression system in regular CBs as well. You see, i am one of the CB leaders in a clan thats active in CBs, but we struggled to reach the third (storm i think) league last two seasons. 

Im not saying thats unfair, it is fair. But for us it was terribly difficult to keep players going at the end of the season, since we'd most likely not get to storm anyway. 
Not struggling with the constant losses would help so much for that, that i think it would at least be worth giving some thought. 
Or maybe at least easing the progression a bit in favour of clans that do mediocre, such that they can actually progress if they really put their effort in. 

[-AP-]
Players
1,869 posts
4,633 battles
10 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I'd promote the idea of introducing a win-only progression system in regular CBs as well. You see, i am one of the CB leaders in a clan thats active in CBs, but we struggled to reach the third (storm i think) league last two seasons. 

Im not saying thats unfair, it is fair. But for us it was terribly difficult to keep players going at the end of the season, since we'd most likely not get to storm anyway. 
Not struggling with the constant losses would help so much for that, that i think it would at least be worth giving some thought. 
Or maybe at least easing the progression a bit in favour of clans that do mediocre, such that they can actually progress if they really put their effort in. 

I disagree here, normal cbs should be kept as 100% competitive, you shouldn't be able to compensate skill with grind and determination.

2 hours ago, Arty_McFly said:

I am looking forward to the next brawl. I hope Clan Brawl will be implemented as a permanent feature with seasons comparable to Clan battles. Rewards should of course be a bit lower than for Clan Battles, but I'd like to see Clan Brawl as an opportunity for non-competitive players to earn some additional steel.

Disagree with the season idea here, at least if rewards are based on the season as a whole. What makes clan brawls great right now is you play for a day, and then its over, those results wont impact anything long term, just have fun for a day, get some rewards, then move on to the next thing.

I think that if season based rewards are introduced, it might kill what made clan brawls so much fun.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,919 posts
21,150 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

What makes clan brawls great right now is you play for a day, and then its over, those results wont impact anything long term, just have fun for a day, get some rewards, then move on to the next thing.

I agree. It is fun as it is short and more relaxed. One or two between CW seasons would suficient, more then that will just to turn into small CWs between long CWs. I think that current format is perfect. Also I hope that WG will keep it as much away from T10 as possible. I would prefer keeping them between tiers T6 - T9, T5 maybe but not sure if viable.

4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I think that if season based rewards are introduced, it might kill what made clan brawls so much fun.

Again I agree. No need for adding Steel awards or anything like that. IMO, some Coal and Oil for should be sufficient. But mission should be improved. there were three mission last time, every one with five stages. To complete all this would require 15 wins in four hours which is very hard to get in such short time.

Players
258 posts
6,671 battles
27 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

To be frank, and no offense intended, but I think that's a pretty awful idea. Clan battles should be high-stakes and clan brawls should down the stakes a bit.

I agree with OP that clan brawls was a great idea, from the perspective of a clan leader. It helped re-energize the clan and provide groundwork for more active participation by members who are not yet in our hyper-competitive layer. We have two layers: One with strong competitive players that have a bit more T10 experience and the balls to play a coordinated game, who trust me enough to know that we'll all pull each other from the depths of hellfire as much as we put each other in it. The other layer is more relaxed and focused on getting to the point where they can also be competitive. So far, I had no way of really organizing activities that involved rewards for these players, and they were just divisioning with us in their grinds. However, clan brawls makes them feel more involved in what we're doing, since many of them lack T10 equipment but have plenty of vehicles in port in other tiers.

If WG does more of this, it will help many of us "forget" that they proposed that previous NTC system :P

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
585 posts
4,395 battles

I fully agree with the OP, loved the clan brawl.

Quick, easy format. Loved being able to play some competitive at tier 8. Loved the 'losing doesn't matter'.

Please keep them coming, and feel free to shuffle the tiers.

Moderator, Supertester, Sailing Hamster
411 posts
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

I disagree here, normal cbs should be kept as 100% competitive, you shouldn't be able to compensate skill with grind and determination.

I think you got me wrong. I don't want Clan Brawl to replace Clan Battles, I want it as an additional option. Clan Battles should still stay the main competitive mode, but Clan Brawl could be a semi-competitive mode with lower steel rewards for casual players.

1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Disagree with the season idea here, at least if rewards are based on the season as a whole. What makes clan brawls great right now is you play for a day, and then its over, those results wont impact anything long term, just have fun for a day, get some rewards, then move on to the next thing.

Well, I didn't talk about rewards based on a whole season. The rewards for the overall ranks are not really necessary, they could just grant an Achievement for the higher ranks. The main rewards should still be granted for completing missions. They could just extend the missions, so you have a full season to complete them. Could be something like "Achieve 10 victories in Clan Brawl to receive 250 steel. Mission is repeatable up to 10 times during the Clan Brawl season."

I think this would be a nice way to make steel accessible for non-competitive clans. They would have a chance to get some steel, but it would still be far less than Clan Battles.

Sign in to follow this