You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mastadans

Decrease accuracy in smoke

45 comments in this topic

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles

It will balance a bit the game. If you can't see by your own a target, you can't have the same accuracy. I agree it may be applied as well to targets you cannot see. Improve bonus on damage upon spotting. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

Players
10,027 posts
11,823 battles
3 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

It will balance a bit the game. If you can't see by your own a target, you can't have the same accuracy. I agree it may be applied as well to targets you cannot see. Improve bonus on damage upon spotting. 

Ships you can't see you can't get lock on, which gives considerable (100%?) dispersion bonus... thus your idea is in game... since beta, if not earlier

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
6 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

Only if you decrease the accuracy for firing at targets you can't see yourself in general. So for everyone who is hiding behind islands too. Same rules for everyone.

Or you could try to learn how to effectivly shoot targets hiding in smoke.

Oh... and here is a dedicated suggestions thread. Normally hard to miss but I guess your accuracy was somehow reduced.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Only if you decrease the accuracy for firing at targets you can't see yourself in general. So for everyone who is hiding behind islands too. Same rules for everyone.

Or you could try to learn how to effectivly shoot targets hiding in smoke.

Oh... and here is a dedicated suggestions thread. Normally hard to miss but I guess your accuracy was somehow reduced.

Yes indeed, I said that too. I fully agree.

Players
2,110 posts
21,534 battles

No, if you do that you will come back and whine about bad accuracy for BBs. If a ship can farm you from smoke you made a mistake 3 minutes ago. Learn how to avoid this mistake and you will be fine.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,718 posts
14,317 battles
25 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

That would apply to ALL ships shooting at targets spotted by third ships....

Do you really want that? You will play even worse then...

And why do you want to make this ship weaker?

image.thumb.png.50f741f1d563d584e3711a906b3598a1.png

• Cool 1

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
34 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

No, if you do that you will come back and whine about bad accuracy for BBs. If a ship can farm you from smoke you made a mistake 3 minutes ago. Learn how to avoid this mistake and you will be fine.

Sure, let's all BBs camp from the back of beyond and make this game even more dull.

• Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
26,718 posts
14,317 battles
11 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

Sure, let's all BBs camp from the back of beyond and make this game even more dull.

Yes, some incompetent BB players do that.

The rest can read the battle.

• Cool 3

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Of course, you can foresee where the fire meta smoke fa*s will camp and their movement across the map. In fact, you can predict the path a Haru will run all the game.

• Boring 1

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You are a dd player, and will never accept a smoke nerf, as you will never accept that main damage deal for dds should be torps and not fire.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
10,412 battles
2 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

You are a dd player,

And you are a BB player and you want to nerf your opponents. 

When was the flooding nerf?

Now you want a fire nerf?

Come on mate, lets make my torpedoes detectable at 300 metres and I m fine with the smoke nerf. Oh and give me my flooding back.

• Cool 5

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
8 minutes ago, Saltface said:

And you are a BB player and you want to nerf your opponents. 

When was the flooding nerf?

Now you want a fire nerf?

Come on mate, lets make my torpedoes detectable at 300 metres and I m fine with the smoke nerf. Oh and give me my flooding back.

Flooding nerf? No less than, let's say 30-40% of torp hits do flooding. Fire nerf? Would like but no, I want an accuracy nerf for whoever be inside the smoke.

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
8 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Been wanting to post this one for a while now. :cap_popcorn:

DDEAE2D7-1E33-4DA6-AA14-BB91FABABCA9.thumb.jpeg.02c341157151c68b985fe713fc438f75.jpeg

What a coincidence, another CA smoke fire meta.

• Cool 1

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles

What you are both defending is your way of playing and you'll take out of the hat whatever reasons for something you know deep inside that it's not fair. There is no way to deff from someone inside a smoke farming a ship,  except a radar or hydro of some CA (very few nowadays) doing her fraking job.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
35 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

Of course, you can foresee where the fire meta smoke fa*s will camp and their movement across the map. In fact, you can predict the path a Haru will run all the game.

Yes, yes you can. Or at least to a major degree. It's part of what makes good players good.

• Cool 1

Players
2,110 posts
21,534 battles
21 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

There is no way to deff from someone inside a smoke farming a ship,  except a radar or hydro of some CA (very few nowadays) doing her fraking job.

Or torpedoes, or just plain shooting them. Smoke isn't bulletproof.

Or just not f:etc_swear: up your positioning so you don't get farmed like a potato. Look at my GK stats, I play that thing with full IFHE secondary build, no fire prevention or concealment. Somehow I manage to survive while I laugh at fires because they do nothing to me and I can heal 100% back. BB AP is the only thing you have to worry about in a BB.

• Cool 1

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
14 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Or torpedoes, or just plain shooting them. Smoke isn't bulletproof.

Or just not f:etc_swear: up your positioning so you don't get farmed like a potato. Look at my GK stats, I play that thing with full IFHE secondary build, no fire prevention or concealment. Somehow I manage to survive while I laugh at fires because they do nothing to me and I can heal 100% back. BB AP is the only thing you have to worry about in a BB.

I tend to shoot inside the smoke, but from, e.g. 10km, you are lucky if you nail a couple shells. And I've got usually a plan B, some mountain to take shelter from fire meta. But actually, smoke can be placed anywhere, so this plan B doesn't make sense.

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Mastadans sagte:

I tend to shoot inside the smoke, but from, e.g. 10km, you are lucky if you nail a couple shells. And I've got usually a plan B, some mountain to take shelter from fire meta. But actually, smoke can be placed anywhere, so this plan B doesn't make sense.

Guess he meant map awareness and awareness of game development.. more specific: at the beginning check the map and where the spawns of your teammate DDs are - enemy is mirrored even regarding tiers. When DDs are in a team you might get a hint when another teammate of him pops up somewhere at the map. If you have a decent clue of where enemy DDs might go, check fleet movement of enemy and or your positioning regarding your own DDs, Radar cruisers, CV focus and so on.. if that varies from what you expected before, adapt.. most positive actions in this game and so called "skills" come from the ability to watch the situation, make a conclusion and react to it..

• Cool 1

Players
2,110 posts
21,534 battles
13 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

But actually, smoke can be placed anywhere, so this plan B doesn't make sense.

Wrong, he can't smoke in radar range or torpedo paths. You play like you would play a single player game. How about you look at your teammates and sail with them to support them? Join a radar cruiser, he can help you while you help him. Always support DDs, always shoot at enemy DDs, help your team and they will live longer.

If this sounds to hard for you go a couple of tiers down and learn the basics of BBing there. When you manage to get decent results on a regular basis you can go up the tiers and get better step by step. Having a high tier ship is nice and all but if you don't know how to play it you won't have much success (or fun).

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,718 posts
14,317 battles
1 hour ago, Mastadans said:

Of course, you can foresee where the fire meta smoke fa*s will camp and their movement across the map.

Yes, most of the time. And when not I have an option to get out.

You are a dd player, and will never accept a smoke nerf, as you will never accept that main damage deal for dds should be torps and not fire.

I play most of my battles NOT in a DD. And most of my battles in DD are NOT in gunboats....

Therefore I suggest to stop making stuff up. The world is not as you want it to be.

What you proposed affects ALL ships, except CV. BB will be hit the hardest of all classes, because they depend on other ships spotting for them. I suggest to take a look at their spotting damage stats.

BB have the lowest. Meaning they do not spot much and are therefore dependent on other ships spotting for them.

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
10,412 battles

Flooding nerf?

I wonder where did the Liquidator achievement go?

They removed it because you cant do anything with flooding anymore. It was nerfed to the ground a couple of patches ago.

Wrong count #1

defending is your way of playing

These are my 802 battles with my beloved DD. How much flooding and fire do you see?

Wrong count #2

answer.png.9b0b6824dcec33782deb9ca4898aac2b.png

What puzzles me is that you are clearly an above average player with good results. (and better than me)

Why on earth you whine?

• Cool 2

[AFLET]
Players
117 posts
8,649 battles
48 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Wrong, he can't smoke in radar range or torpedo paths. You play like you would play a single player game. How about you look at your teammates and sail with them to support them?  Join a radar cruiser, he can help you while you help him. Always support DDs, always shoot at enemy DDs, help your team and they will live longer.

If this sounds to hard for you go a couple of tiers down and learn the basics of BBing there. When you manage to get decent results on a regular basis you can go up the tiers and get better step by step. Having a high tier ship is nice and all but if you don't know how to play it you won't have much success (or fun).

Exactly, w

21 minutes ago, Saltface said:

I wonder where did the Liquidator achievement go?

They removed it because you cant do anything with flooding anymore. It was nerfed to the ground a couple of patches ago.

Wrong count #1

These are my 802 battles with my beloved DD. How much flooding and fire do you see?

Wrong count #2

answer.png.9b0b6824dcec33782deb9ca4898aac2b.png

What puzzles me is that you are clearly an above average player with good results. (and better than me)

Why on earth you whine?

One thing is the chance of flooding, which is quite high imo, and another your kills.

Any good BB player knows that dmg control party has to be kept to be used in 'only' two circumstances: Flooding and +2 fires.