Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GraySlayer

Mahan Dual Purpose AA

7 comments in this topic

Players
118 posts
1,476 battles

Ive just noticed on my Mahan that the mains guns are also the AA guns? Hows does that work? Do they fire at planes if im firing at ships or do i have to stop firing at ships for them to fire at planes?

[NWP]
Players
6,518 posts
7,482 battles

You can use them normaly, AA works automatically.

[COMFY]
Players
582 posts
1,475 battles

No need. It will fire at bot at the same time if needed, the aa system is automatic however

Players
118 posts
1,476 battles
2 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

No need. It will fire at bot at the same time if needed, the aa system is automatic however

So they dont actually point at the planes then? I just continue firing at ships and they fire at planes at the same time.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,518 posts
7,482 battles
1 minute ago, GraySlayer said:

So they dont actually point at the planes then? I just continue firing at ships and they fire at planes at the same time.

No they dont. AA has 2 aspects: Flak bursts and continuous damage.

First one are the black clouds you can see, and they deal a lot of damage if the planes fly into them.

Second one gets applied in a certain interval to one plane.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
29 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

Yes, that's correct.

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
1 hour ago, GraySlayer said:

Only mid and small caliber actually "follow" planes, at least you can notice them rotating when they have something to pew pew at. And secondaries visually track ships they are firing at.

One thing that follows, when playing as DD with DP guns you might want to disable AA with "P" key, otherwise whenever planes wander within their range and they start firing, you will get automatically spotted.

Sign in to follow this