You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

why t6 carriers play against t8?

67 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
271 posts
2,259 battles

i know im new , but i just dont understand the logic here , from what i hear t8 carriers struggle in t8 games so why does the matchmaking throw me under the t8 bus in my t6 carrier. so i get to do the initial round of spotting then .. sit on my thumb? i dunno cant get near anything to attack cant keep dd's revealed thier AA trashes my planes in a few seconds and i have to be within it by a few KM to even see them  . accidenteally stroll within 6km of any cruiser or american ship and my planes just drop out of the sky.

I really wouldnt mind waiting longer if i get a game i can actually take part in! 

why doesnt the MM have some sort of mercy rule theres no limit to how many +2 tier match in a row you can have your time wsted in , i mean if the game doesnt respect my time why should i respect the game ?  the best thing for me to do is either just close the game and playsomething else or yolo suicide and hope the next game is playable.

i just dont get it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
3 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

i know im new , but i just dont understand the logic here , from what i hear t8 carriers struggle in t8 games so why does the matchmaking throw me under the t8 bus in my t6 carrier. so i get to do the initial round of spotting then .. sit on my thumb? i dunno cant get near anything to attack cant keep dd's revealed thier AA trashes my planes in a few seconds and i have to be within it by a few KM to even see them  . accidenteally stroll within 6km of any cruiser or american ship and my planes just drop out of the sky.

I really wouldnt mind waiting longer if i get a game i can actually take part in! 

why doesnt the MM have some sort of mercy rule theres no limit to how many +2 tier match in a row you can have your time wsted in , i mean if the game doesnt respect my time why should i respect the game ?  the best thing for me to do is either just close the game and playsomething else or yolo suicide and hope the next game is playable.

i just dont get it.

351vpk.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,711 posts
6,813 battles

Pre AA hotfix it was manageble. Yes you would not have the impact as in a tier 6 game but you could still pull your weight if you picked your targets carefully and spotted. Now it is a lot harder, so you either have to endure, free XP it or grind it out in operations (my recommendation).

[-LA-]
Players
271 posts
2,259 battles
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Pre AA hotfix it was manageble. Yes you would not have the impact as in a tier 6 game but you could still pull your weight if you picked your targets carefully and spotted. Now it is a lot harder, so you either have to endure, free XP it or grind it out in operations (my recommendation).

are you saying it gets better at t8? i was expecting it to be worse

[N0RSE]
Players
1,735 posts

I have a tip. Stop playing CVs until they fix AA. Play other ships and laugh at the CVs when they try to drop you. 

• Cool 6

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
7 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

It gets better... when in blue moon you get tier 6 to club. Rest of the time you're clubbed by tier 10. Carriers now are "go T10* or go home", unless you can cheat/lie/hax/beg/blowjob your way through MM to be top tier most of the time

*Or buy Enterprise

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
19,847 posts
12,377 battles
21 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

i just dont get it.

• That is how MM works
  • Tier VIII carriers do not struggle against Tier VIII ships
  • learn which ships have what AA
  • basicly get better

And yes, you will get your "mercy rule"...

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,711 posts
6,813 battles
8 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

Yeah what @Panocek said. Unless you get tier 10 tier 8 CV's fair marginally better thanks to increased plane speed, an extra module slot and a heal for your torp bombers. So you can influence a bit better and unless you kamikaze your planes early on it is possible to strike isolated targets. Until you face a Minotaur.

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

Yeah what @Panocek said. Unless you get tier 10 tier 8 CV's fair marginally better thanks to increased plane speed, an extra module slot and a heal for your torp bombers. So you can influence a bit better and unless you kamikaze your planes early on it is possible to strike isolated targets. Until you face a Minotaur.

T8 CV can have some success, but that involve being basically afk for first half of the game, flying around and hoping green team is actually capable of firing at spotted red ones and harassing singled out targets of opportunity. Which will net plane casualties anyway.

Which isn't helped by the fact @Padds01 is playing THE worst CV line in game which on top of that got hit the hardest by AA change in 0.8.5 and gained the least from 0.8.5.1 hotfix

Players
436 posts
5,436 battles
47 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

It is. At T8 you will be facing T10 at least 60% of the time. So you need to grind all the way to T10 but, even then, you will get massacred until you have ground even more to get all the upgrades and a Captain with 14 points.

its a crap system.

Players
436 posts
5,436 battles
39 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

learn which ships have what AA

I played a game in Kaga earlier and the enemy team was:

Saipan

Montana

Yamato 

Kremlin

Kremlin

Bourgogne

Worcester

Yoshino

Yoshino

Henri IV

Grozovoi

Black

Something is wrong when the only ship you have a remote chance of hitting is a Yamato. As it turned out we won but I lost 89 planes and only did 19k. 

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
5 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Saipan

Montana

Yamato 

Kremlin

Kremlin

Bourgogne

Worcester

Yoshino

Yoshino

Henri IV

Grozovoi

Black

Something is wrong when the only ship you have a remote chance of hitting is a Yamato. As it turned out we won but I lost 89 planes and only did 19k. 

Yamato is pretty good plane farmer on her own, 1k close range dps is of balans when it comes to collecting ribbons from returning planes.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,711 posts
6,813 battles
8 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Saipan

Montana

Yamato 

Kremlin

Kremlin

Bourgogne

Worcester

Yoshino

Yoshino

Henri IV

Grozovoi

Black

The Yoshino is almost a better target than a Yamato unless the Yamato is completely alone thanks to that mentioned 1k meme DPS.

Bottom line is that unless you have a tier 10 CV or play operations you are in for a ride.

Players
211 posts
9,924 battles

Just dodge.

A handful T8s can deny you as long as they haven't used all defAA cooldowns, but overall T6 CVs have a better time in T8 matches than the other classes as they can chose their engagements:

shot-19.07.05_08.53.03-0725.jpg

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:
  • That is how MM works
  • Tier VIII carriers do not struggle against Tier VIII ships
  • learn which ships have what AA
  • basicly get better

And yes, you will get your "mercy rule"...

1. No other ship class has a 2 tier gap. The jump in power is illogical and they had the models for the odd tier already from prerework so it boggles the mind as to why it's a thing. Overall damage in CV's got tweaked down on all tiers while what changes is per wave payload and plane hp (see 2. as to why plane hp matters even less)

2. Wrong as per 0.8.5 - There's no weak or strong AA anymore as there's a linear aura that's mostly equal for every ship focusing one plane and then there's the bursts that you can toggle on and off and abuse a delay in rendering to get more planes to melt because the CV player can't see the flak clouds. 

3. Wrong as per 0.8.5 - They normalized everyone to sorta have the same AA so that even what used to be a garbage AA ship is doing near the average of a strong AA ship.

4. Learn to spell before you tell people to improve on something.

• Cool 1

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
2 hours ago, thisismalacoda said:

Just dodge.

A handful T8s can deny you as long as they haven't used all defAA cooldowns, but overall T6 CVs have a better time in T8 matches than the other classes as they can chose their engagements:

shot-19.07.05_08.53.03-0725.jpg

There's literally countless stat sheets showing the DPM and KDR has gone down massively. Cherry picking single games doesn't make for any sort of meaningful analysis. The only stat to the contrary of claiming CV weakness is what WG called "Combat Effectiveness" which lacks documentation. Graphs without an explanation of metrics/standard deviation are hogwash - I'm an engineering postgrad and if i want to include a graph without being eaten alive i need to explain my metrics , sample size and so forth as to demonstrate i am actually showing a trend rather than falsely claiming there is one. Humans like to find patterns in everything while either intentionally or in error we can imagine patterns to processes that have nothing to do with reality.

[CATS]
Players
19,847 posts
12,377 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

1. No other ship class has a 2 tier gap. The jump in power is illogical and they had the models for the odd tier already from prerework so it boggles the mind as to why it's a thing. Overall damage in CV's got tweaked down on all tiers while what changes is per wave payload and plane hp (see 2. as to why plane hp matters even less)

2. Wrong as per 0.8.5 - There's no weak or strong AA anymore as there's a linear aura that's mostly equal for every ship focusing one plane and then there's the bursts that you can toggle on and off and abuse a delay in rendering to get more planes to melt because the CV player can't see the flak clouds. 

3. Wrong as per 0.8.5 - They normalized everyone to sorta have the same AA so that even what used to be a garbage AA ship is doing near the average of a strong AA ship.

4. Learn to spell before you tell people to improve on something.

1. All ships have +2 MM from Tier V, Tier gap has nothing to do with MM and match performance
  2. Ships have VERY different AA, look it up
  3. see 3, but ok when you think that Cossack and NC have similar AA :fish_palm:
  4. Can you get a weaker argument? I want to laugh some more :Smile_teethhappy:
  • Cool 3

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  1. All ships have +2 MM from Tier V, Tier gap has nothing to do with MM and match performance

1. a tier 6 cv needs to grind to tier 8 where as any other class has a 6-7-8 progression. It's easier to grind the latter part with a tier 7.

2. No you look it up - they made it all roughly the same as per 0.8.5

3. The linear magical aura is the same. The flak bursts variety is dependant on captain skill/flags/modules/how fast you abuse the P button to get invisible flak clouds. 0.8.4 had a jarring disparity that LWM explained in detail due to AA guns starting off not loaded and all sorts of other bugs. WG just basically said "okay everyone is doing mostly the same AA damage with a flat linear increase instead of exponential/etc".

4. The weak arguments so far are from you sprinkled in ad hominem of a weak troll.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

First WG go back on a decision due to player concerns and now I find myself in total agreement with ColonelPete - I truly have been teleported to an alternate reality.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
211 posts
9,924 battles
Vor 16 Minuten, CaptainOkita sagte:

There's literally countless stat sheets showing the DPM and KDR has gone down massively. Cherry picking single games doesn't make for any sort of meaningful analysis. The only stat to the contrary of claiming CV weakness is what WG called "Combat Effectiveness" which lacks documentation. Graphs without an explanation of metrics/standard deviation are hogwash - I'm an engineering postgrad and if i want to include a graph without being eaten alive i need to explain my metrics , sample size and so forth as to demonstrate i am actually showing a trend rather than falsely claiming there is one. Humans like to find patterns in everything while either intentionally or in error we can imagine patterns to processes that have nothing to do with reality.

You quoted the wrong guy.

OP claimed, he 'can't get near anything' and 'my planes just drop out of the sky'. Mines somehow don't. The OP made the claims not me. All I did was prove him wrong.

edit: and the captain used in that game was low level without even survivability expert

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,545 posts
16,696 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

There's literally countless stat sheets showing the DPM and KDR has gone down massively.

Sure. But then again that's not considering at all that the amount of active skilled players is extremely laughable. According to maplesyrup that number is around 50, probably less.

Meanwhile if you take a look at top player stats damage, WR and frags per match haven't changed at all, which means CVs are at least just as powerful as their predecessors.

So perhaps its just time for CV players to take their own advice and git gud?

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Blasphemy!

Stone him!

Burn the heretic!

• Funny 4

Players
7,566 posts
9,319 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah, blaming AA/MM/tiers/moon phases/cat shat into my boots is easier:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4