You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yankmyplank

Addressing bugs that have been in the game since day1

29 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles

Why has the repair bug not been sorted out yet? , all too often my ships are either put on fire or flooding and when I hit the repair button, the consumable is used but has no effect! No repairs done in fact. I know this has been reported so many times yet still this is an issue. Really guys maybe work on fixing what is not right before adding new content, I guarantee it will keep more people happy rather than rage quitting! 

• Bad 3

Players
340 posts
612 battles

only happened to me when using the consumable and client crashes and you manage to get back into game and somehow are still alive, then there is a desync between client and server and the consumable using status isn’t right anymore.. you neither see the cooldown duration nor the status and when you hit a button (damage con, torp drop, whatever) nothing happens.. but that’s the only scenario I can imagine and it hasn’t happened to me for a long time.. at least not this year

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,239 battles
1 hour ago, Yankmyplank said:

Why has the repair bug not been sorted out yet? , all too often my ships are either put on fire or flooding and when I hit the repair button, the consumable is used but has no effect! No repairs done in fact. I know this has been reported so many times yet still this is an issue. Really guys maybe work on fixing what is not right before adding new content, I guarantee it will keep more people happy rather than rage quitting! 

No, not really. But if you send us a replay and a WGCheck we're happy to look into what might have caused that but it sounds like there is some issue on your side. Can also please make sure that there are no old remnants of mods installed?

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles

absolutely no mods installed, it is a fresh install on  fairly new hard drive, but this has always happened, how can it possibly be on my side? if the server recognises I have used the consumable but game fails to do the repair, that is surely a server side issue! Ran wgcheck a thousand times or more tbh and it comes up with no issue.

I am also not the 1st and certainly will not be the last to have this problem either.

• Bad 1

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles
17 hours ago, l_m_just_lucky said:

only happened to me when using the consumable and client crashes and you manage to get back into game and somehow are still alive, then there is a desync between client and server and the consumable using status isn’t right anymore.. you neither see the cooldown duration nor the status and when you hit a button (damage con, torp drop, whatever) nothing happens.. but that’s the only scenario I can imagine and it hasn’t happened to me for a long time.. at least not this year

Not had this tbh, usually if I DC I get back in game to hear my ship blow up before game renders 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,115 posts
8,645 battles

I am also not the 1st and certainly will not be the last to have this problem either.

You are the first one I have heard of that have had this supposed problem, and I have been here a while.

A replay or trying your luck with support would perhaps shed more light.

• Cool 3

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles
20 hours ago, principat121 said:

no replay = no proof for your claim

Why would you assume that some one would go to the bother of posting a fabrication? Unless you yourself lie all the time so expect others to be of similar class!

• Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles

Why would you assume that some one would go to the bother of posting a fabrication? Unless you yourself lie all the time so expect others to be of similar class!

Look up 'internet trolls'.    There are many people out there that claim something has happened when it may be a misunderstanding of what happened or simply someone trying to get attention.  A replay may help others spot what has happened.

Have you done what Crysantos suggested? (see post #6 in this thread).

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,763 posts
8,898 battles
2 hours ago, Yankmyplank said:

your side of the story = highly subjective matter

a replay with the incident = objective facts without a doubt

just as easy as this

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,597 posts
13,811 battles
On 7/5/2019 at 9:16 PM, Yankmyplank said:

Looks like you're alone with that problem.

In that case: Don't blame the devs but look on your side for the problem.

Tried a fresh installation?

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles
On 7/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, Zemeritt said:

Looks like you're alone with that problem.

In that case: Don't blame the devs but look on your side for the problem.

Tried a fresh installation?

As the game mechanics are done server side, it would not be possible to use the repair my end and not register on the server, if that was the case, it would simply be lag or lost packets which spamming the repair key would eventually enable it, but once it is activated on my pc it would have to be active on server unless the issue was server side.

As for trying a fresh installation, this is my 3rd computer I am using to play this game, it used to happen a lot in the early days then kind of stopped for a short while, about 2 years ago I think it was the devs even posted they had fixed this known issue. it seems to be happening more frequently as time goes by. 

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
135 posts
3,352 battles

Has anyone else on the forum experienced this bug? Does anyone else have a replay showing this happening?

If not, I don't see what can be done if the OP has no replay to show.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,901 posts
10,544 battles

Hey OP,

That is a one strange bug that I've never had or seen or heard..

I really would like to see it happens, just to learn it.
Can you share a reply ? If it happens as "always" any replay should do it  I suppose..

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,239 battles
On 7/6/2019 at 3:52 PM, Yankmyplank said:

absolutely no mods installed, it is a fresh install on  fairly new hard drive, but this has always happened, how can it possibly be on my side? if the server recognises I have used the consumable but game fails to do the repair, that is surely a server side issue! Ran wgcheck a thousand times or more tbh and it comes up with no issue.

I understand your point of view - but it's not the initially stated "many many reports for ages" situation that you claimed it to be - and I'm not here to dispute that apparently you're experiencing issues. I can't tell you why you have those issues because afaik there is no such reported bug currently, so that's why I asked you to please provide us with the information as stated above so we can try to help you. There are many reasons for potential problems, ranging from a bad internet connection leading to desyncs, issues with your client or other software.

12 hours ago, Yankmyplank said:

As the game mechanics are done server side, it would not be possible to use the repair my end and not register on the server, if that was the case, it would simply be lag or lost packets which spamming the repair key would eventually enable it, but once it is activated on my pc it would have to be active on server unless the issue was server side. 

Sorry but just because you press a button doesn't mean that info is magically read by the server, it needs to be sent over and processed. Since we don't have any similar reports lately a server-wide issue with this would be known and is apparently not the case, so the most likely scenario is an issue with your local client / PC / connection.

On 7/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, Yankmyplank said:

Not stating this - we just need to see proof / examples / WGChecks to investigate and help you. You can share the ticket ID with me afterwards and I'll see how we can help you from our side.

Greetings, Crysantos

[OGHF]
Players
1,137 posts
20,299 battles
On 7/6/2019 at 2:52 PM, Yankmyplank said:

Hi Yankmyplank, may I just ask a question. 

Are you referring to the “Damage Control” consumable or the “Repair Party” consumable??

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,174 battles

When I see claims like that first question that pops to mind is: "Have you been sober when such events occured?"

Never experienced such thing, and playing from closed beta, so I am suspicious.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The smoke from the funnel that always veers of to the right. Literally unplayable!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,926 battles
5 hours ago, Bluestrategist said:

Has anyone else on the forum experienced this bug? Does anyone else have a replay showing this happening?

If not, I don't see what can be done if the OP has no replay to show.

Its happened to me from time to time...

Spoiler

Then on reflection i noticed because of Alcohol.. (and other reasons) i had pressed the wrong button..:Smile_hiding:

@Yankmyplank Unfortunately old chap. Prolific forum goers with thousands of posts so spend a lot of time on the forum have never heard of this issue. This is why we are saying replay/proof please

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles
6 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Hi Yankmyplank, may I just ask a question. 

Are you referring to the “Damage Control” consumable or the “Repair Party” consumable??

Sorry if I was not clear, I meant the damage control, thats supposed to put fires out and stop flooding. The repair party has never been bugged for me.