You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

Naval Training Center - Ideas & suggestions

227 comments in this topic

Players
498 posts
9,448 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Somebody can change the title of the thread from "NTC" to "Research Bureau" ?

We all know that it is exactly the same thing just re-branded without the ship buffs... no need to re-brand the topic as well...

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
3 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

We all know that it is exactly the same thing just re-branded without the ship buffs... no need to re-brand the topic as well...

It's confusing others who come here new, in the near future .

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
14 hours ago, RamboCras said:

If you average a 1000 XP per game,

If you average 1000XP per game.. that is bad bad bad!

Just to be an example,

I completed sinop grind in 15 battles..

it requires like 180.000 XP in total to reach the vladi.

which means my average xp per battle is 12K..

how?

with all the hoarded camos, signals :)

On the other hand,

Yes personally think that RB is not a brilliant idea and I would probably will not be arsed to regrind lines,

Because I love most of my tier 10 ships and I don't want to lose them even for short period.

When the first it announced it was like "Grind like hell and get better ships!" and people, including me, said "WTF you doing???!!"

But now, Ohio and colbert...

Why people really still angry about it..

you don't have to do it.. you are not forced into reseting..

you won't be in disadvantage If you don't..

why are you still angry.. I'm seing, "YOU WILL LOSE PLAYER" "YOU'LL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES"

What consequences?

Nothing will change in game... this is good or bad, nice or shite, an addition to the game,

for those who likes to participate..

Why are people still angry?

You've won the battle.. you've made them discard the idea of new upgrades..

so.. why so serious still???

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

with all the hoarded camos, signals :)

Which you obtained how exactly? 

NoZoup went even further and wanted an economy reset in his recent video just because he thought WeeGee throws a lot of camos and signals to all players as they do with CCs and STs. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
26 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Which you obtained how exactly? 

NoZoup went even further and wanted an economy reset in his recent video just because he thought WeeGee throws a lot of camos and signals to all players as they do with CCs and STs. 

playing the game regularly,

I've been a moderator only for about 8 months, and being a moderator does not give you any extra camo, signal etc etc..

I don't know about the CCs and STs..

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
5 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

playing the game regularly,

I've been a moderator only for about 8 months, and being a moderator does not give you any extra camo, signal etc etc..

I don't know about the CCs and STs..

Apparently we are playing different game. I play very actively for years and I am always short on good camos and signals, especially the exp and credit one. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
1 minute ago, Episparh said:

Apparently we are playing different game. I play very actively for years and I am always short on good camos and signals, especially the exp and credit one. 

May be it is because I don't grind as much as I did in the bast, since january I grinded only 2 lines I guess.. one to the tier 7 and 1 to the tier 10..

I don't remember when I used any economic signal or camo last,  untill this week...

But my point is,

This game really give much more economic signals and camos when you compare with its own past..

I'was just trying to say,

ı don't calculate my grind with 1K xp per battle.. that is just.. too low..

• Cool 1

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

May be it is because I don't grind as much as I did in the bast, since january I grinded only 2 lines I guess.. one to the tier 7 and 1 to the tier 10..

I don't remember when I used any economic signal or camo last,  untill this week...

But my point is,

This game really give much more economic signals and camos when you compare with its own past..

I'was just trying to say,

ı don't calculate my grind with 1K xp per battle.. that is just.. too low..

Yeah, you are right on all that points. 

I am a reasonable man, so I choose how to use signals and camo to maximize their effect. 

In matter of fact I am maximizing also the daily bonus for 1st win. That's why I grind multiple tech tree lines simultaneously. Even by doing so I still have shortage of credits. I almost catched up with the ship I've unlocked ( just ijn and RN CVs left.. I will need 50+mil to buy and equip them) and the one I am already grinding are almost ready. 

The thing with RB is not for new players. There are 25 tech trees in the game. Even if new player can technically use RB I will not recommend it unless one unlocked at least half of them. 

Of course, people trend to want what they can't afford so I am perfectly fine WG to make some cash from that. 

What I would do as a player, who almost unlocked all tech trees, is to reset one line per season, so I can maximize reward for effort/cost. I am not in a rush for anything and Colbert is something I can accept not having. Currently I can buy Bourgogne, but I am holding on that for the very same reasons. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

That's why I grind multiple tech tree lines simultaneously

I love my sanity... I respect people who can do that..
but I tried, it only made me hate the game for a week or so :Smile_teethhappy:

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

I love my sanity... I respect people who can do that..
but I tried, it only made me hate the game for a week or so :Smile_teethhappy:

I was doing it for 2 years :cap_cool:

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
113 posts
14,137 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, Excavatus said:

you don't have to do it.. you are not forced into reseting..

Well the OHIO is not just a nice ship, it's an extremely strong ship, maybe even a bit OP ship.

To be competitive, you will want/need to have that ship... so you are forced to reset.

RPs = Research Points

On the other hand, Colbert is 57.000 RPs, that is 6 regrinds. it takes about a 1.2 Mio XP to regrind and you make 10.000 RPs per grind (and spend a crap load of credits). 

On the other hand, you get 12.500 RPs for 250.000. This seems a MUCH better deal?

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Well the OHIO is not just a nice ship, it's an extremely strong ship, maybe even a bit OP ship.

To be competitive, you will want/need to have that ship... so you are forced to reset.

First of all,

Nerfs for Ohio just announced yesterday.

That ship is in balance state, which may get new nerfs or buffs..

and NTC ships are stated that "They will be subject to future balancing changes"

On the other hand,

If you really think you need to be competitive you need specific ships.. or a very specific one ship,

I have bad news for you, because %80 of the success in this game stands on the captain.. not any other factor.

put below average people in mostly Deemed OP ships, and put TTT in ships your own choice against them..

I think TTT will wipe the floow with them 9 out of 10 times.. TTT is an example here..

you can take PARAZ, TOWAR, OMNI, TWA etc etc...

And one last and completely unimportant note..

Do you really think you need to get the OHIO to be "COMPETITIVE" when there is something called KREMLIN over there :)

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

First of all,

Nerfs for Ohio just announced yesterday.

That ship is in balance state, which may get new nerfs or buffs..

and NTC ships are stated that "They will be subject to future balancing changes"

On the other hand,

If you really think you need to be competitive you need specific ships.. or a very specific one ship,

I have bad news for you, because %80 of the success in this game stands on the captain.. not any other factor.

put below average people in mostly Deemed OP ships, and put TTT in ships your own choice against them..

I think TTT will wipe the floow with them 9 out of 10 times.. TTT is an example here..

And one last and completely unimportant note..

Do you really think you need to get the OHIO to be "COMPETITIVE" when there is something called KREMLIN over there :)

Yeah I’m so confused that people love the Ohio so much but ranted on the Georgia....:Smile_facepalm:

[TTT]
Players
4,455 posts
7,964 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

On the other hand,

on a general note (I wont comment on Ohio specifically, or any of the other controversial ships, that'd just derail things)...

That's not what "being competitive" is about. That's sealclubbing if anything...

Being competitive is about playing against equally skilled competition, where you need to capitalise on every little advantage you can - including the 500 extra HP Overchicken gives your DD at T10, as well as picking the absolute optimal lineup for your strategy and playstyle (which of course means different teams will have very different "optimal" lineups, even before we get into countering the other guys' strategies).

[THESO]
[THESO]
1,974 posts
6,869 battles
41 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Yeah I’m so confused that people love the Ohio so much but ranted on the Georgia....:Smile_facepalm:

Love the ohio.. I'm indifferent against the georgia :)

Ohio is fun.. but not an easy ship to play..

[H_FAN]
Players
2,190 posts
29,805 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 11:28 AM, Episparh said:

Well I do not know if you are a F2P Player , I do not expect you to reach my outlay, I spend far too much, but as I have played a long time I have tried to get some Perma camos, nearly all my T10s, and some lower also.

Quite a lot have been rewards in the missions around New Year for several T6/7 and even 8 + the event camos even if they look awful.

I have also used the 50% off on Permacamos which have happen a few rare occasions to buy some. I have thereafter been disciplined enough to use the one-use camos more or less only on ships that do not have any permas. With all missions /directives etc my supply has gone up a lot. 

I will not say that you should buy as many as I do, but with playing more when perma camos can be found in missions may be a wise strategy + a buying a few perma camos on T10s. 

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

Well I do not know if you are a F2P Player , I do not expect you to reach my outlay, I spend far too much, but as I have played a long time I have tried to get some Perma camos, nearly all my T10s, and some lower also.

Quite a lot have been rewards in the missions around New Year for several T6/7 and even 8 + the event camos even if they look awful.

I have also used the 50% off on Permacamos which have happen a few rare occasions to buy some. I have thereafter been disciplined enough to use the one-use camos more or less only on ships that do not have any permas. With all missions /directives etc my supply has gone up a lot. 

I will not say that you should buy as many as I do, but with playing more when perma camos can be found in missions may be a wise strategy + a buying a few perma camos on T10s. 

Dude, you have 30k battles and apparently spent substantial amount of cash. If I bought perma camo for all my t10 - that is 100k doubloons. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,190 posts
29,805 battles
12 hours ago, Episparh said:

Dude, you have 30k battles and apparently spent substantial amount of cash. If I bought perma camo for all my t10 - that is 100k doubloons. 

Look I was very careful not to suggest that you should do as I in the text. Just hinting that by playing more when there is the Free permacamos from missions to grab now and then + buying a few perma camos on T10s makes the usage vs new camos from free directives and so on in better shape.

You have 11000 battles so it is likely that you have had several opportunities for the free permacamos. Andmost that play that much are probably prepared to make some cash outlay. But I am also quite conservative in using those I had. Early in my career I was exactly as you short of permacamos. You recieved 10 or so in a difficult 5-stage mission which you seldom made. That was before the crates system. sSo the inflyx is way higher and if you find the 50% offer on permas, I have bought for several T6-9 ships that I enjoy,like Fletcher the IJN DDs f.e.

But naturally it is a question also if you want to use them verey time you play. I use them for the grind part , seldom when you reached the next ship. It is just lately that I have started to use them more as I will not get rid of them otherwise, I even used them in my quest for 10 p on low tier ships to play as few as necessary, now on regrind of lines I use them ofc.

[P-W-C]
Players
4,717 posts
26,482 battles
14 hours ago, Episparh said:

Yep almost all T10s except the CVs and Kremlin have it. 21 ships I have with perma camo on. 105k dubs. Was buying them since 2017 btw , so I didn't buy them all at once. Plus I had several dubloon paybacks on few Christmas events. So I didn't put 2k euro on it , that's absurd. Plus on Yamato, DM and Worcester are free perma camos. 

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
2 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Look I was very careful not to suggest that you should do as I in the text. Just hinting that by playing more when there is the Free permacamos from missions to grab now and then + buying a few perma camos on T10s makes the usage vs new camos from free directives and so on in better shape.

You have 11000 battles so it is likely that you have had several opportunities for the free permacamos. Andmost that play that much are probably prepared to make some cash outlay. But I am also quite conservative in using those I had. Early in my career I was exactly as you short of permacamos. You recieved 10 or so in a difficult 5-stage mission which you seldom made. That was before the crates system. sSo the inflyx is way higher and if you find the 50% offer on permas, I have bought for several T6-9 ships that I enjoy,like Fletcher the IJN DDs f.e.

But naturally it is a question also if you want to use them verey time you play. I use them for the grind part , seldom when you reached the next ship. It is just lately that I have started to use them more as I will not get rid of them otherwise, I even used them in my quest for 10 p on low tier ships to play as few as necessary, now on regrind of lines I use them ofc.

Yes, I have all perma camos given for free. I am still short on regular camos and signals. What's your point. I am not f2p, it's obvious from what I have. I am not whale as well, only whales have fking excess of camos and signals. 

Players
48 posts
1,758 battles

I'm not a great player but I begin to have quite a few battles. My 0.02 about the latest patch.

I think it's a great idea to have a better Matchmaking, because it was really unfair to T8. T10 are a big steps from T9 (maybe except some OP T9 ships) and T8 vs T10 is kinda hard for some ships.

yeah yeah you can still do something, I know. But, for having both now, it's all but fair if we are honest.

I play Bismarck and Kurfurst for example, in my Kurfurst I regularly remove half the HP of the Bismarck in one salvo, while he can't do much damage to me. And even if he does, I have 105k HP while he has 69.

And the other away, when I'm playing the Bismarck against other TX, it's quite hard to deal important damage, citadel is almost impossible...

So it's a good idea. I feel like there's much, much more T6-T8 games now, and it's getting unfair to T6 ships. But I need more battles in T6 to see that (most on my recent T6 battles are against T6).

The research stuff, I think it's a bad idea. It will only make even more differences between best players and the rest. We should have all the same ships (if they are the same model).

Oh, and I don't like the new Smolensk, I find it burns very easily BBs, hiding in smokes, it's "another HE spammer".

[WOTN]
Players
182 posts
13,116 battles

I am asking again, maybe there is somebody who actually reset one line (though I dont see a reason why would somebody ever like this).

Anyway, if I reset the line,  my game record (with all the stats) in that line will be reset too?

thank you,  

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
7 hours ago, aviaxis said:

I am asking again, maybe there is somebody who actually reset one line (though I dont see a reason why would somebody ever like this).

Anyway, if I reset the line,  my game record (with all the stats) in that line will be reset too?

thank you,  

No, I did reset on Harugumo line... Go and check my stats. 

My Kitakaze have 64 battles and I do not own her now. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,155 posts
245 battles

Did wargaming actually implement any suggestions from here?

or just gave a big middle finger as per usual?