Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

Naval Training Center - Ideas & suggestions

227 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-YR-]
Players
365 posts
22 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Ability to have clan flag / clag tag on ship

nice idea! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
836 posts

I personally really liked the mid tier mission grinds u had.

Missions specifically set up between tier 5 to 7.

And different classes to furfill the mission.

Broaden the legendaries to involve lower tiers, but keep them optional as they are today....i.e u have a tradeoff and not a direct buff.

More of the legendary captain grind missions or something else like a ship. But set at lower tiers. Not locking them into tier 8-9-10 as they are today.

Have them challenging but between tier 5 and 7.

I don't like the reset of ships and new grind at all. I rly think it's a retarded thing, and I'm not going to do it. No matter what u put in as a reward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,110 posts
10,113 battles
2 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Rather, the actual goal is old player retention. To achieve that, they need to make the game interesting for players who have been at it for a long time and "reached every goal"

More operations, for more Tiers. 

Ranked Sprints.

 

But as far as NTC goes:

 

It's a no to getting rid of entire lines full of ships. Either I like the line - so I want to keep it - or I don't - so I won't grind it to Tier X.  And magicking up whole new lines of ships seems like it will take forever.

 

So... for each "main line" you get to Tier X, you can select up to three ships to remove from the normal economy and dedicate to generating research currency. And I mean remove - games in those ships would not generate XP, and wouldn't give containers, or qualify for use in events. They would give a subsistence level of credits only (even with a win). Players could opt their ships back into the normal game economy for Doubloons (about the same amount as it costs to respec a Captain). 

 

Research currency gives the player access to...

 

Enhanced modules for any ship in that National Line, Tier V+

Captains with special skills for ships in that National Line, Tier V+ (think Jack Dunkirk level, not Halsey et al)

Camouflages

A selection of new vessels which can be purchased from within that new National line. These don't have to be a consistent line, they can be:

 

a) Premium ships 

b) Would-be Premium ships

c) Sister ships with a different loadout or spec (think Farragut/Monaghan), or US versions of the American destroyers in the Pan-Asian tree.

d) Specialists (AA cruisers, support carriers)

e) Ships which don't form part of a whole line

 

So, for example.... I get to Tier X in the RN BBs, I play my Conqueror for a bit and decide to use it, Lion and KGV to research the second line of British BBs. This is a player-focused grind; you do this when you want for what you want. It's not like Coal, which you steadily accumulate, or Steel, or one of the intensive Event currency rushes. Then I pick which ever ship I like best from whatever's available - Dreadnought, Vanguard, Thunderer, Rodney, Royal Oak....

 

However you don't have to wheel out whole lines: making mid-Tier ships like Strasbourg, Tiger, Tosa, Tennessee, etc should probably be the focus first up. These can be released as Premiums in the cash shop after a reasonable delay - hopefully people will have seen these cool ships in battle and want to get hold of them, and if they haven't got to Tier X or don't want the grind, they can pay to skip it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
34 posts
13,187 battles

Some good ideas already but...

 

from what we know of what WG are trying to achieve with NTC

 

Its a an XP/credit/gold sink. Anything that does not achieve this will not fly.

Its fairly resource (from the company perspective) light. so new lines even with similar models is unlikely to fly

We don't want super ships a la original NTC ideas.

 

So ideas need to fall within that framework to have any chance.

 

I do like the idea of pimping my ships, having the ability to make some of the existing camo's permanent (i.e. the ones i like) on a given ship - even if its just with the standard permanent camo stats.

 

Thing is most of what the player base wants will require more resources than wargaming was trying to get away with.

 

But I have no interest in regrinding an entire line, just not going to happen. How wargaming are going to do this without that is up to them, but i will have no interest in utilising this concept until that is off the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
2,110 posts
10,113 battles
18 minutes ago, Arctic_enchilada said:

We don't want super ships a la original NTC ideas.

Unfortunately I think some members of the WG Team got the idea that people didn't care about balance (most likely from the reaction they got when they suggested uptiering the Guilio Cesare). They missed the fact that people care more about the balance of new ideas than what's already in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
235 posts
12,104 battles
43 minutes ago, Arctic_enchilada said:

Some good ideas already but...

 

from what we know of what WG are trying to achieve with NTC

 

Its a an XP/credit/gold sink. Anything that does not achieve this will not fly.

Its fairly resource (from the company perspective) light. so new lines even with similar models is unlikely to fly

We don't want super ships a la original NTC ideas.

 

So ideas need to fall within that framework to have any chance.

 

I do like the idea of pimping my ships, having the ability to make some of the existing camo's permanent (i.e. the ones i like) on a given ship - even if its just with the standard permanent camo stats.

 

Thing is most of what the player base wants will require more resources than wargaming was trying to get away with.

 

But I have no interest in regrinding an entire line, just not going to happen. How wargaming are going to do this without that is up to them, but i will have no interest in utilising this concept until that is off the table.

I would regrind a line tbh as some the grinds was fun, all I have left to grind is a groz it's not that fun, a rn cv, again not that fun, and a ru bb kind of fun but might be tempted to regrind like usn heavy cruiser line or the ijn line some the most fun lines, before I started this game, I used to do achievement runs on steam, until this game satisfying my itch, one thing I love to do is 100% the perma campaigns, I can take my time with them, so things like a custom port so u can stack achievements n trophies, like hang your favourite ship on the wall n stuff, like it's end game content to keep the people that have everything busy, it will keep me busy regrinding lines, I'd even like random silver ship container, play a ship u might have forgotten about ect, like it doesn't have to be flat out reward, it's like something to do, but then ur have the option what to choose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
235 posts
12,104 battles

Another idea, WHALE 🐳 camo's 100 of them, changes the horn to a massive whale sound but gives negative xp and silver 🐳 🐳 we opened a channel of flamus discord where there are alot of whales going for idea's, but whale stuff please so we can show off about being a whale, whale horn or no deal, must beable to hear it on next map too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
235 posts
12,104 battles

Another idea from flamus discord a burning midway patch or emblem link up people's hate for cvs why not :) added aa firing patch, or like a bunch of patches that include dumping on cvs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEROI]
Beta Tester
53 posts
598 battles
On 7/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, Crysantos said:

Hey guys,

 

In context with the recent update on the Naval Training Center plan I wanted to create a thread where you guys can drop your ideas and suggestions for the future rewards and other aspects you might be creative about.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Hello Crysantos,

 

Please find below my NTC proposal - NO REGRIND plus the FLEET COMMANDER concept (use the same Commander in all ships of a nation's tech tree).

 

Just a few notes:

1. Expert XP (E-XP) has four levels 1,2,3 and 4 corresponding to the following Tech Tree Ships Tier Brackets: Level 1 - Tiers 1 and 2, Level 2 - Tiers 3, 4 and 5, Level 3 - Tiers 6, 7 and 8, Level 4 - Tiers 9 and 10.

2. Expert XP (E-XP) within a tier bracket can only be acquired with ships of that tier bracket (including premium ships) after researching and acquiring all tech tree ships and modules of that bracket (excluding premium ships).

3. The system has been designed to be a CREDITS Sink and FREE XP Sink (indirect GOLD Sink) while enforcing LOWER TIERS battles in order to award unique rewards to be used on the final reward unique ship (UNIQUE CAMO + UNIQUE LEGENDARY UPGRADE SLOT 5 + UNIQUE LEGENDARY UPGRADE SLOT 6 + UNIQUE 19pts CAPTAIN + UNIQUE TIER 10 SHIP).

4. The final badge (NATION) GENIUS BADGE will also come with a UNIQUE BATTLE FLAG that can be used in all ships of that nation (bragging rights on any ship of that nation).

5. This NTC system can be applied to all tech tree nations although does not need to be at the same time for all nations.

 

P.S. - NO REGRIND is required. Players are only required to FULLY RESEARCH and FULLY ACQUIRE (excluding premium ships) all ships of a nation's tech tree in order to have access to Expert XP and the related EXPERT BADGES. PLEASE CHECK IMAGE BELOW.

 

NEW ADDITION: FLEET COMMANDER concept for extreme convenience costing extreme Free XP (another Free XP sink). PLEASE CHECK IMAGE BELOW.

 

NOTE: Of course all the numbers in both proposals need to be fine tuned by WG using all the data at their disposal. The values used here are just an example.

 

Best regards.

 

tkKWK7.png

 

4Zmepa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
235 posts
12,104 battles

Sorry for the spam @Crysantos but there is a bunch of people that been brainstorming of unique stuff they want, I just reposted a bunch, but I think, with whale tokens they want whale sounds and whale camo's, burning cvs, ect of course put in the premiums but, have alot of unique stuff in there, maybe each tier u unlock have x amount of whale token ect, some the ideas have been hilarious, and 100% I'd grind them, or even a random premium genorator, everyone loves a random premium ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,794 posts
4,422 battles
51 minutes ago, R3dBaron said:

Hello Crysantos,

 

Please find below my NTC proposal.

 

Just a few notes:

1. Expert XP (E-XP) has four levels 1,2,3 and 4 corresponding to the following Tech Tree Ships Tier Brackets: Level 1 - Tiers 1 and 2, Level 2 - Tiers 3, 4 and 5, Level 3 - Tiers 6, 7 and 8, Level 4 - Tiers 9 and 10.

2. Expert XP (E-XP) within a tier bracket can only be acquired with ships of that tier bracket (including premium ships) after researching and acquiring all tech tree ships and modules of that bracket (excluding premium ships).

3. The system has been designed to be a CREDITS Sink and FREE XP Sink (indirect GOLD Sink) while enforcing LOWER TIERS battles in order to award unique rewards to be used on the final reward unique ship (UNIQUE CAMO + UNIQUE LEGENDARY UPGRADE SLOT 5 + UNIQUE LEGENDARY UPGRADE SLOT 6 + UNIQUE 19pts CAPTAIN + UNIQUE TIER 10 SHIP).

4. The final badge (NATION) GENIUS BADGE will also come with a UNIQUE BATTLE FLAG that can be used in all ships of that nation (bragging rights on any ship of that nation).

5. This NTC system can be applied to all tech tree nations although does not need to be at the same time for all nations.

 

Best regards.

 

tkKWK7.png

Dont like the idea of locking slot 5/6 legendary upgrades behind regrind, they should stay as some kind of mission chain on the ship in question. After all, the point was to not make the regrind mandatory, and with how legendary modules currently work, some of them are mandatory(zao, yamato, moskva). Even special upgrades have this problem, on some ships, the radar upgrade is mandatory, thats fine as its easily accessible via coal, but it wouldnt be fine if put behind regrind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEROI]
Beta Tester
53 posts
598 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Dont like the idea of locking slot 5/6 legendary upgrades behind regrind, they should stay as some kind of mission chain on the ship in question. After all, the point was to not make the regrind mandatory, and with how legendary modules currently work, some of them are mandatory(zao, yamato, moskva). Even special upgrades have this problem, on some ships, the radar upgrade is mandatory, thats fine as its easily accessible via coal, but it wouldnt be fine if put behind regrind.

With my proposal, no regrind is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2 posts
519 battles

Hello,

 

I would spend/grind millions of freeXP or perhaps even more in credits for discount vouchers of WoW merchandise. Just saying...

 

=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_VV_]
Players
29 posts
5,060 battles
i, like many people would prefer to be able to just use the low tier ships i like, to earn that new resource, instead of completely regrinding a line. something simple like: i can earn X amount per day and i get Y amount per lowtier battle.(could be different mounts earned for different tiers, lower tier = more resource)
even if you make the things we can buy with that new resource cost freeXP too, i can see how that doesnt make a dent into the multimillion freeXP stashes of some players, so maybe a combination would be nice? something slow and steady for players who shudder at the thought of regrinding. and the regrind that gives a good amount of the new resource and additional unique rewards which is a massive freeXP sink for the millionairs and a nice excuse to replay the game for people who enjoyed it the first time around.
 
on rewards:
only problem with cosmetics is that a few years down the line most players will have it. nothing unique or spezial about it and if it has good bonuses all the battles will just be full of ships with the shiny camos everywhere. just immagine every ship in every battle wearing the fancy glorious russian camo with the white gold and red flags.
having to regrind a line for half a year(thats about the time it takes me usualy) for a single premium ship doesnt sound all that great either tbh.....
im more of a practical person, i much prefer something that feels like progression or a benefit. an economic bonus to ease the grind would be nice, different variations of the legendary modules maybe or even small combat bonuses around 5% would totaly be fine with me(a permanent flag maybe?). i need something tangible, i couldnt care less about the 50th premium that sits around in my port collecting dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7 posts
3,036 battles

I would like the ability to turn a line ship into a premium so I could swap any captain onto it. I love having Yamamoto on my Zao, and want to also put him on my seal clubber Furutaka. This will be better the more unique and legendary captains you introduce to the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,642 posts
245 battles

Lots of good ideas here, i think @Crysantos you could mix and match some of them if you wish? Which will allow for more content and probably ease up your production pipeline (depending on the work you choose).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YAMUM]
Players
1,788 posts
20,580 battles

whole idea:

29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630a

www7d.jpg

 

scrap it in whole!

 

2 cts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
399 posts
7,431 battles

Something i would want more than anything is the ability to move trained captains to any tech tree without haveing to go thru retraining everytime. 

 

I'd be fine with somesort of special upkeep to be able to do that, or any other way of credit sink. Maybe even unlock with free XP or any other resource that is deemed to be too abudant by WG. 

 

Personaly i am a bit miffed i forgot to get the Makarov b/c i really like the KBerg back when. And none of the Amagi prems are really interesting to me. 

 

 

And before anyone says: just use Captain XP: trowing out 380k for a couple of lowtier games is going to be expensive. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,642 posts
245 battles

Ahh wargaming is being sneaky with dem sponsorships lol.

 

might explain all of dem bot konigs suddenly appearing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
362 posts
1,608 battles
35 minuti fa, Namuras ha scritto:

Something i would want more than anything is the ability to move trained captains to any tech tree without haveing to go thru retraining everytime. 

they could do it so that if you move a captain from a ship to a ship of the same class, you don't have to retrain. While if you change from different classes (from a BB to a DD for example) you will have to retrain your commander because they are different classes of ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
Modder
1,737 posts
12,347 battles

Give NTC-levels only to T8 - and only when in a T10-match, so they can be more competitive there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
211 posts

Naval Training Center

 

The Good

  • I approve of the concept of improving your "favourite ship".

 

  • I approve of a 3-layer system that improves your "favourite" ship.

 

  • I approve of a concept where you can improve your favourite ship by playing that ship.

 

 

The Bad

 

  • I understand that some people "grind". But I do not. My time on this planet is too valuable to "grind". I just want to play the ships that I like and not waste time on ships that I do not like. If that means buying a premium ship then I will buy the premium ship. This "Naval Training Center" system seems to want to force me to "grind" ships that I am no interested in. If I do not "grind" then I seem to get weaker ships than those that do grind. That concept I do not approve of.

 

  • It looks as if premium ships are downgraded compared to upgraded ships if they are not upgraded via this "grinding" system. For me as a paying customer it is not acceptable to see my premium ships weakened for no acceptable reason whatsoever by "buffing" the environment they operate in. I did not pay money for premium ships to see them downgraded due to an upgraded environment that can only be matched by "grinding" ships that I am not interested in. That concept I do not approve of.

 

  • I am not interested in playing fantasy ships (meaning ships with no completed design or that were never built) that never existed and not interested in ships that were only brought to a level of readiness after late 1945 (like the Carrier MIDWAY for example). That means that I am not in the least interested in Tier 9 and 10 ships in general and in some national ship lines in particular that have mostly fantasy ships. This "Naval Training Center" system forces me to play Tier 9 and 10 ships several times over to have upgrades to keep my favourite ships competitive. That means this system is trying to force me to do something that I do not like, and thus will not do, to stay competitive. That is unacceptable, if forced to do so then I will play a game where this principle is not at work. That concept of playing a ship line to Tier 9 and 10 ships several times over to stay competitive is a concept I do not approve of.

 

 

Suggestions for improvement of this system:

 

  • Allow players the option to get the upgrades for their favourite ship by playing that favourite ship X amount of times. That way it will not feel like a "grind" but just like playing the game as always, just with the added incentive that you will get upgrades simply for playing your favourite ship X amount of times. This "ginding" of ONLY your favourite ship could be allowed IN ADDITION to the "grind" through the lines system that was presented by WOWS today. I would prefer however to allow a player to improve any ship by playing THAT ship X amount of times. Time is precious, do not force players to play ships against their will to stay competitive.

 

  • Introduce the "Flagship of the Fleet" concept that I have proposed on this forum IN COMBINATION with the "Naval Training Center" system.

 

So use this 3-layer bonus system from the "Naval Training Center":

 

                                                                                                         Battleships

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus +15% to hit points

-10% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to secondary armament firing range

+10% to secondary armament accuracy

-10% to reload time of all consumables

+40% to action time of Damage Control Party

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

                                                                                                         Cruisers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-20% to rudder shift time

-15% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to torpedo range

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

-15% to reload time of consumables

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

 

                                                                                                         Destroyers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Main Armaments
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-10% to reload time of consumables

-20% to rudder shift time

-50% to the steering gears repair time

-50% to engine repair time

-10% to reload time torpedo tubes

-10% to reload time main battery

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

+2% to chance of causing a fire

 

 

For the proposal that I made called "Flagship of the Fleet". I am sure that if you allow players to upgrade ONE SHIP like this for FREE, meaning their favourite ship as described in this topic, that they will be much more positive about the system than if you take EVERYTHING away from them by forcing them to "grind" for EVERY SINGLE ship. At least give the players ONE fully upgraded ship, called the "Flagship of the Fleet". The "Flagship of the Fleet" could be implemented as part of the "Naval Training Center" system, so the first upgraded ship the player would then get for "free". The player would get ONLY ONE ship upgraded for free in this manner.

 

 

Alternatively instead of only upgrading only one ship, the so-called "Flagship of the Fleet", a player could be allowed to upgrade ALL ships but ONLY if he plays those ships a lot in random battle matches. So a player could unlock NTC Upgrade Number 1 for THAT particular ship after playing X amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship, NTC Upgrade Number 2 for THAT particular ship after playing Y amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship and finally NTC Upgrade Number 3 for THAT particular ship after playing Z amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship.

 

For example when NTC is introduced a player that plays 1,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 1, after 2,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 2 and after 3,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 3. But all those NTC Upgrades 1, 2 and 3 would be only for NORTH CAROLINA, if a player wants those NTC upgrades for another ship he would have to play 3,000 new random battle matches after NTC is introduced in that other ship as well.

 

In other words, the ship that you play a lot will be improved a lot. That rewards loyalty to individual ships and adds depth to individual ships but ONLY if a player plays an individual particular ship a lot. Tier 10 ships might be excluded from this NTC upgrade system since they already have Legendary Upgrades.

 

The "Flagship of the Fleet" might be combined with the idea of upgrading every ship IF you play that ship a lot in this manner:

 

- New "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" 3-layer upgrades that can only be mounted on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (possibly excluding Tier 10 ships due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in the "Flagship of the Fleet" (a ship chosen by the player, once every six months). If a player chooses another ship to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades of that ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "normal" 3-layer NTC ship upgrades that are described below.

 

- New "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades that can be mounted on any ship EXCEPT on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (and possible except on Tier 10 due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "normal" NTC upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in any ship that the player owns. If a player chooses a ship with "normal" NTC upgrades to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the "normal" 3-layer NTC upgrades on that particular ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades that are described above.

 

The "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades could have a bonus and penalty and the "special" NTC 3-layer "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades could only have a bonus (and thus no penalty).

 

Suggestion for the Factor X, Y and Z are 1,000 2,000 and 3,000 random battle matches respectively. In time new upgrades could be added for 4,000 and 5,000 random battle matches played in a ship.

 

This way players would "grind" and consequently only "upgrade" the ships they like to play or improve and not the other ships that they have no interest in playing and upgrading.

 

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles
33 minutes ago, Widar_Thule said:

Naval Training Center

 

The Good

  • I approve of the concept of improving your "favourite ship".

 

  • I approve of a 3-layer system that improves your "favourite" ship.

 

  • I approve of a concept where you can improve your favourite ship by playing that ship.

 

 

The Bad

 

  • I understand that some people "grind". But I do not. My time on this planet is too valuable to "grind". I just want to play the ships that I like and not waste time on ships that I do not like. If that means buying a premium ship then I will buy the premium ship. This "Naval Training Center" system seems to want to force me to "grind" ships that I am no interested in. If I do not "grind" then I seem to get weaker ships than those that do grind. That concept I do not approve of.

 

  • It looks as if premium ships are downgraded compared to upgraded ships if they are not upgraded via this "grinding" system. For me as a paying customer it is not acceptable to see my premium ships weakened for no acceptable reason whatsoever by "buffing" the environment they operate in. I did not pay money for premium ships to see them downgraded due to an upgraded environment that can only be matched by "grinding" ships that I am not interested in. That concept I do not approve of.

 

  • I am not interested in playing fantasy ships (meaning ships with no completed design or that were never built) that never existed and not interested in ships that were only brought to a level of readiness after late 1945 (like the Carrier MIDWAY for example). That means that I am not in the least interested in Tier 9 and 10 ships in general and in some national ship lines in particular that have mostly fantasy ships. This "Naval Training Center" system forces me to play Tier 9 and 10 ships several times over to have upgrades to keep my favourite ships competitive. That means this system is trying to force me to do something that I do not like, and thus will not do, to stay competitive. That is unacceptable, if forced to do so then I will play a game where this principle is not at work. That concept of playing a ship line to Tier 9 and 10 ships several times over to stay competitive is a concept I do not approve of.

 

 

Suggestions for improvement of this system:

 

  • Allow players the option to get the upgrades for their favourite ship by playing that favourite ship X amount of times. That way it will not feel like a "grind" but just like playing the game as always, just with the added incentive that you will get upgrades simply for playing your favourite ship X amount of times. This "ginding" of ONLY your favourite ship could be allowed IN ADDITION to the "grind" through the lines system that was presented by WOWS today. I would prefer however to allow a player to improve any ship by playing THAT ship X amount of times. Time is precious, do not force players to play ships against their will to stay competitive.

 

  • Introduce the "Flagship of the Fleet" concept that I have proposed on this forum IN COMBINATION with the "Naval Training Center" system.

 

So use this 3-layer bonus system from the "Naval Training Center":

 

                                                                                                         Battleships

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus +15% to hit points

-10% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to secondary armament firing range

+10% to secondary armament accuracy

-10% to reload time of all consumables

+40% to action time of Damage Control Party

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

                                                                                                         Cruisers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-20% to rudder shift time

-15% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to torpedo range

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

-15% to reload time of consumables

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

 

                                                                                                         Destroyers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Main Armaments
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-10% to reload time of consumables

-20% to rudder shift time

-50% to the steering gears repair time

-50% to engine repair time

-10% to reload time torpedo tubes

-10% to reload time main battery

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

+2% to chance of causing a fire

 

 

For the proposal that I made called "Flagship of the Fleet". I am sure that if you allow players to upgrade ONE SHIP like this for FREE, meaning their favourite ship as described in this topic, that they will be much more positive about the system than if you take EVERYTHING away from them by forcing them to "grind" for EVERY SINGLE ship. At least give the players ONE fully upgraded ship, called the "Flagship of the Fleet". The "Flagship of the Fleet" could be implemented as part of the "Naval Training Center" system, so the first upgraded ship the player would then get for "free". The player would get ONLY ONE ship upgraded for free in this manner.

 

 

Alternatively instead of only upgrading only one ship, the so-called "Flagship of the Fleet", a player could be allowed to upgrade ALL ships but ONLY if he plays those ships a lot in random battle matches. So a player could unlock NTC Upgrade Number 1 for THAT particular ship after playing X amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship, NTC Upgrade Number 2 for THAT particular ship after playing Y amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship and finally NTC Upgrade Number 3 for THAT particular ship after playing Z amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship.

 

For example when NTC is introduced a player that plays 1,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 1, after 2,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 2 and after 3,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 3. But all those NTC Upgrades 1, 2 and 3 would be only for NORTH CAROLINA, if a player wants those NTC upgrades for another ship he would have to play 3,000 new random battle matches after NTC is introduced in that other ship as well.

 

In other words, the ship that you play a lot will be improved a lot. That rewards loyalty to individual ships and adds depth to individual ships but ONLY if a player plays an individual particular ship a lot. Tier 10 ships might be excluded from this NTC upgrade system since they already have Legendary Upgrades.

 

The "Flagship of the Fleet" might be combined with the idea of upgrading every ship IF you play that ship a lot in this manner:

 

- New "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" 3-layer upgrades that can only be mounted on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (possibly excluding Tier 10 ships due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in the "Flagship of the Fleet" (a ship chosen by the player, once every six months). If a player chooses another ship to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades of that ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "normal" 3-layer NTC ship upgrades that are described below.

 

- New "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades that can be mounted on any ship EXCEPT on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (and possible except on Tier 10 due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "normal" NTC upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in any ship that the player owns. If a player chooses a ship with "normal" NTC upgrades to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the "normal" 3-layer NTC upgrades on that particular ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades that are described above.

 

The "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades could have a bonus and penalty and the "special" NTC 3-layer "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades could only have a bonus (and thus no penalty).

 

Suggestion for the Factor X, Y and Z are 1,000 2,000 and 3,000 random battle matches respectively. In time new upgrades could be added for 4,000 and 5,000 random battle matches played in a ship.

 

This way players would "grind" and consequently only "upgrade" the ships they like to play or improve and not the other ships that they have no interest in playing and upgrading.

 

You're aware that there will be NO performance buffs??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,642 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, Widar_Thule said:

Suggestions for improvement of this system:

 

 

  • Allow players the option to get the upgrades for their favourite ship by playing that favourite ship X amount of times. That way it will not feel like a "grind" but just like playing the game as always, just with the added incentive that you will get upgrades simply for playing your favourite ship X amount of times. This "ginding" of ONLY your favourite ship could be allowed IN ADDITION to the "grind" through the lines system that was presented by WOWS today. I would prefer however to allow a player to improve any ship by playing THAT ship X amount of times. Time is precious, do not force players to play ships against their will to stay competitive.

 

  • Introduce the "Flagship of the Fleet" concept that I have proposed on this forum IN COMBINATION with the "Naval Training Center" system.

 

So use this 3-layer bonus system from the "Naval Training Center":

 

                                                                                                         Battleships

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus +15% to hit points

-10% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to secondary armament firing range

+10% to secondary armament accuracy

-10% to reload time of all consumables

+40% to action time of Damage Control Party

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

                                                                                                         Cruisers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-20% to rudder shift time

-15% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to torpedo range

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

-15% to reload time of consumables

+1 charge of all consumables

 

 

 

                                                                                                         Destroyers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Main Armaments
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-10% to reload time of consumables

-20% to rudder shift time

-50% to the steering gears repair time

-50% to engine repair time

-10% to reload time torpedo tubes

-10% to reload time main battery

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

+2% to chance of causing a fire

 

 

For the proposal that I made called "Flagship of the Fleet". I am sure that if you allow players to upgrade ONE SHIP like this for FREE, meaning their favourite ship as described in this topic, that they will be much more positive about the system than if you take EVERYTHING away from them by forcing them to "grind" for EVERY SINGLE ship. At least give the players ONE fully upgraded ship, called the "Flagship of the Fleet". The "Flagship of the Fleet" could be implemented as part of the "Naval Training Center" system, so the first upgraded ship the player would then get for "free". The player would get ONLY ONE ship upgraded for free in this manner.

 

 

Alternatively instead of only upgrading only one ship, the so-called "Flagship of the Fleet", a player could be allowed to upgrade ALL ships but ONLY if he plays those ships a lot in random battle matches. So a player could unlock NTC Upgrade Number 1 for THAT particular ship after playing X amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship, NTC Upgrade Number 2 for THAT particular ship after playing Y amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship and finally NTC Upgrade Number 3 for THAT particular ship after playing Z amount of random battle matches in THAT particular ship.

 

For example when NTC is introduced a player that plays 1,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 1, after 2,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 2 and after 3,000 new random battle matches in NORTH CAROLINA gets NTC Upgrade Number 3. But all those NTC Upgrades 1, 2 and 3 would be only for NORTH CAROLINA, if a player wants those NTC upgrades for another ship he would have to play 3,000 new random battle matches after NTC is introduced in that other ship as well.

 

In other words, the ship that you play a lot will be improved a lot. That rewards loyalty to individual ships and adds depth to individual ships but ONLY if a player plays an individual particular ship a lot. Tier 10 ships might be excluded from this NTC upgrade system since they already have Legendary Upgrades.

 

The "Flagship of the Fleet" might be combined with the idea of upgrading every ship IF you play that ship a lot in this manner:

 

- New "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" 3-layer upgrades that can only be mounted on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (possibly excluding Tier 10 ships due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "special" NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in the "Flagship of the Fleet" (a ship chosen by the player, once every six months). If a player chooses another ship to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades of that ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "normal" 3-layer NTC ship upgrades that are described below.

 

- New "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades that can be mounted on any ship EXCEPT on the "Flagship of the Fleet" (and possible except on Tier 10 due to their Legendary upgrades). Those "normal" NTC upgrades can only be unlocked by playing X, Y and Z amount of random battle matches in any ship that the player owns. If a player chooses a ship with "normal" NTC upgrades to become the "Flagship of the Fleet" then the "normal" 3-layer NTC upgrades on that particular ship will be automatically and without cost replaced by the new "special" 3-layer NTC "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades that are described above.

 

The "normal" NTC 3-layer upgrades could have a bonus and penalty and the "special" NTC 3-layer "Flagship of the Fleet" upgrades could only have a bonus (and thus no penalty).

 

Suggestion for the Factor X, Y and Z are 1,000 2,000 and 3,000 random battle matches respectively. In time new upgrades could be added for 4,000 and 5,000 random battle matches played in a ship.

 

This way players would "grind" and consequently only "upgrade" the ships they like to play or improve and not the other ships that they have no interest in playing and upgrading.

 

I suggest you read the lastest news because combat buffs are not happening at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
19,407 posts
12,208 battles

4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Thank your for listening to the players. The changes will eliminate any balance problems.

 

Unfortunately you still plan to go forward with the line resets.

A line reset will lead to the removal of up to 9 ships from the port of a player. I cannot see how this increases a players options and flexibilty.

Unless a player uses Free XP on the low Tier ships, you will get veteran players to play low Tier again. I do not think that this is a good idea and it contradicts your current mission policy (Tier V+).

 

If you want players to play certain Tiers or even certain ships, use missions. It worked well in the past.

If you want to add a credit sink, make the players buy these missions with credits from NTC (one million credits per Tier or even much more expensive depending on the rewards). That way the player can also control the number of active missions and prevents flooding of his missions tab.

 

The missions can look similar to the missions for the Tier X Upgrades, but just give cosmetic upgrades and/or minor economic buffs (do not go overboard here or the credit sink will not work, best is to give economic rewards for other currencies like coal, Free XP, Elite Captains XP or maybe even steel or other ships). Make the missions "grindy" that you need 100+ battles even at Tier V.

 

Example.

You could add a mission that costs 60 million credits and unlocks a 5 stage missions for Fuso:

  1. first stage: 20k coal (for 30 wins)
  2. second stage: selection of tracers for guns (for sinking 30 ships)
  3. third stage: unique flag that is added permanently to Fuso and does not use a flag spot (for 45 million potential damage)
  4. fourth stage: unique camo (either without economic benefits or premium camo) (for 5 million damage)
  5. fifth stage: premium ship Ise, which you cannot get any other way for at least 6 months+ (for 50k Base XP, alternativly get your average damage of the last 50 battles over 45k damage)

The completion of all five stages needs at least 200 battles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×