You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Vessery

[PSA] Naval Training Center rewards will be reworked from scratch

51 comments in this topic

[-TAP-]
Modder
4 posts
787 battles

Thank you for hearing involved players.

• Cool 3

Players
7,553 posts
9,318 battles

Noice. Though why introduce another currency, when NTC could be simply reliable source of coal and SMALL amount of steel?

11 minutes ago, Colonel_Vessery said:

We will invest our resources in exploring other types of rewards. For example, while we're heavily limited by the game lore itself, we will try to design some new cosmetics to make your ships look cool and show off your achievements. Another option for the future rewards are Legendary upgrades. Introduced in the game long time ago, they offer a trade-off, a change in playstyle of a specific ship instead of a direct buff. In any case, additional rewards will take more time to design, develop and test, and we will be happy to hear your new ideas.

Custom color palette for camouflages, even if it means ship is shades of pink

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
10,554 battles

Well, the pure thought and planning of the previous NTC system was very questionable by Wargaming, nonetheless, suggesting changes, asking how the playerbase would like them is legitimate and while the answer was a clear and loud NO!, we all make mistakes and I thank you for listening to your community!

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Players
59 posts
9,587 battles

Most sensible words I have heard in 2019 from WG !!! (Pity the rockets still remain............... )

• Cool 2

Players
5 posts

Please explain WHY you are so dead set on regrinding the ships? Really, make it missions like legendarys instead. If I gone through the ordeal to get to tier X, I dont want to do that again. I did that way to many times on WoW and I dont want to go thtough that again, there will be NO reward worth doing that for me. Unless you give me IRL cash, to my bank account.

• Cool 8

Players
34 posts
4,175 battles
37 minutes ago, Colonel_Vessery said:

stuff...

I would recommend:
- Italian ship lines: Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers
- French DD line
- possibly even a second French CL/CA line
- another American CA/CL line
- making a BC (Battlecruiser) line - so you can finally DON'T have to balance the Stalingrad against a Hindenburg
- make XP from elite / Premium ships convertible WITHOUT using gold (use a conversion rate of 4.000 to 1 if you are really picky)
- enable more module selection to the players
- empower (buzzword, heh)  players to also pay with XP for just about everything (like, de-mounting equipment, purchasing flags and cammo with experience, etc.)

- allow players to de-skill a certain captain for credits 

just some ideas

• Cool 7

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,600 posts
26 minutes ago, Ladindell said:

Please explain WHY you are so dead set on regrinding the ships?

That's something I'm wondering myself as well.

• Cool 1

Players
443 posts
1,738 battles

One question, will the "Free premium consumables" still be a thing? I mean, that's not a bad idea.

I'm happy that you heared us and you changed your plans, while there is still the issue of re-grinding, i think that now it's much better, because the rewards aren't something you must have in order to stay competitive and it will be down to the players to decide if they want the reward or not.

• Cool 1

Players
765 posts
15,372 battles

I am pleased to hear you guys are going to look at the NTC idea.

However having read the announcement that you guys want to change the NTC to add another currency, and have reward ships we can buy with said currency, wouldn't it just be easier to do something like you did with the Shinonome. Just create a tier and or class specific grind so we have to replay our old ships in order to earn these vessels?

• Cool 2

Players
726 posts
14,260 battles
38 minutes ago, Colonel_Vessery said:

We know that the last few days were very heated, and we also know that the reason is that you love the game and care for it. We do, as well, and we're not taking the opposite side here.

Purely speaking for myself here, obviously. What I would want is for you to focus on fixing existing issues and bugs. Take a breather, slow down with pumping out so much new stuff. Specially stuff than no one from community asked for.

This NTC thing was a waste of resources when you could have done so much other things, QoL things that would improve player experience.

Improve chat, improve UI, finish the damn CV/AA balance if you can, work on training room to be less pain in the arse to use.

When it comes to new stuff I would like to see more historical operations, scenarios and campaigns.

Another Good example is "demount all flags" button. You said on live stream it's not important, it's back somewhere waiting for better times. Why not now? Why not work on stuff that people actually asked for no matter how small or insignificant you might think it is.

Players are full of great ideas if you would only listen to them. We all love this game, that's why we are so vocal about stuff, cos we care. Stop alienating yourself from community.

• Cool 12

[UAC]
Players
384 posts
1,464 battles
5 minutes ago, quickr said:

Purely speaking for myself here, obviously. What I would want is for you to focus on fixing existing issues and bugs. Take a breather, slow down with pumping out so much new stuff. Specially stuff than no one from community asked for.

This NTC thing was a waste of resources when you could have done so much other things, QoL things that would improve player experience.

Improve chat, improve UI, finish the damn CV/AA balance if you can, work on training room to be less pain in the arse to use.

When it comes to new stuff I would like to see more historical operations, scenarios and campaigns.

Another Good example is "demount all flags" button. You said on live stream it's not important, it's back somewhere waiting for better times. Why not now? Why not work on stuff that people actually asked for no matter how small or insignificant you might think it is.

Players are full of great ideas if you would only listen to them. We all love this game, that's why we are so vocal about stuff, cos we care. Stop alienating yourself from community.

Well, you know, it's kind of hard to develop the game, and play the game at the same time, so I don't blame them.

On the other side, they got their own reasons for everything. They are human beings as well and I don't think all the negative response from the community regarding CV rework has really boosted their morale to work any harder than before. After all, they did invest significant amount of time and resources in it, and all they got from players was criticism and negativity...

After all, it's easy for us to tell them "do this" or "do that" but we are then ones playing, and they are the ones actually behind computer screens doing all the backstage clockwork and mechanics so that we could enjoy our game, every day, whenever we want to. So, even though some of their decisions may be disappointing or not optimal, have patience and constructively discuss everything. Don't be so rough with them, have patience, everything is going to work out.

• Cool 2

[ARYA]
Players
515 posts
12,664 battles

That is the right thing to do

[4_0_4]
Players
5,993 posts
12,295 battles

Good. Such rewards are far better for the game anyways.

Thanks for listening to your community once.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
892 posts
10,147 battles
3 hours ago, Colonel_Vessery said:
  • We will instead focus on unique, interesting, but non-mandatory content, like new ships. For a start, we confirm that French tier X cruiser Colbert and US tier X battleship Ohio will be the first rewards for NTC. They will be available in the Armory for a special resource earned by revisiting the ship lines during Seasons;

While I would still prefer to wait for a detailed explanation of how this works, it is preferable in my opinion. I would rather reset and grind a ship line to obtain other, new tier 10s, than just upgrade what I have.

[BYOB]
Players
7 posts
10,006 battles
3 hours ago, Ladindell said:

Please explain WHY you are so dead set on regrinding the ships? Really, make it missions like legendarys instead. If I gone through the ordeal to get to tier X, I dont want to do that again. I did that way to many times on WoW and I dont want to go thtough that again, there will be NO reward worth doing that for me. Unless you give me IRL cash, to my bank account.

+1 to an explanation on why so dead set on a regrind. I really don't like the permanent reset to regrind - what happens if someone fails to regrind during a season (because carp happens in real-life)? they get no reward and have to spend a shed load of time re-unlocking the line, being unable to play ships they might really like. I might feel a bit better towards this idea if ship lines were "cloned" when the regrind is started (so you grind a clone line) or "greyed out" until the end of a season and then restored to its original state (i.e. you grind a clone line but the line is restored to its original state the day after the season ends). Given your rental technology you probably already have the software code to do this.

If you need get rid of free xp in the game why not change the ratios on it? e.g. freeXP to unlock a T10 costs twice as much to use as using it for a T5.

• Cool 3

Players
4,045 posts
245 battles

Yeah the regrind to tier 10 is terrible, if i want to play wow i would had enough regrinding bloody alts on that game i would rather it here thank you.

while i do appluad you dor changing your mind, i still wont spend nor assume you guys will do a good job in the future. The fact that you considered the idea and then where going to go through with it, shows that you only really careabout us when we riot in very large numbers, it also shows that you have no clue what you are doing still.

either way im glad such terrible rewards won't make it to live at all.

cheers.

• Cool 2

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
41 posts
7,057 battles

Good call. Nice to see that common sense prevails. Although it should have before the idea was even uttered I should think. :) 

As others, not a fan of regrinds, but at least its something you can simply ignore now.

Players
765 posts
15,372 battles

What would help is if Wargaming explain why they want to do the NTC. 

Do they want us to play our lower and mid tier ships, or is it as Jingles suggested about all the resources we have stockpiled. 

I personally adhere to the wanting us to play our old ships but there are much easier ways to do it than creating this whole NTC.  

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
67 posts
15,610 battles

thıs ıs not cancel.. only rework… WG not understand your players...NTC ıdea ıs BAD IDEA... ıs ıt hard to understand  ? ????

WG... pls turn this way..way ıs end u lost many more players.. WE DONT WANT TO NTC... sımple..ıf u can read this u can understand this…