You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gvozdika

Mission Accomplished - RTB

46 comments in this topic

[LADA]
Players
319 posts
5,947 battles

Posting from Reddit. Rejoice!

Btw mods, this is perfectly constructive since it simply relays information of great interest to most forum visitors. Please no closure and or lock.

• Cool 15

[NWP]
Players
6,520 posts
7,482 battles

Great news!

However, for me it feels like this was planned all along, lol. Dunno why tho :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[FANDF]
Players
170 posts

I would prefer Colbert and Ohio weren't locked behind NTC crap, so am much less happy about that than I was about NTC in it original form

• Funny 1
  • Bad 6

Players
213 posts

Still a thumbs down for me.  "Sorry, Ace42, you don't get a free ship because you're too busy to regrind an entire tech-tree line" is still a big "nuts to you, pal".

Still won't fix the problems it professes to target.  Still bad design and ill-conceived at its core.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,371 posts
5 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Btw mods, this is perfectly constructive since it simply relays information of great interest to most forum visitors.

but nevertheless there is a own thread about it:

[LADA]
Players
319 posts
5,947 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Great news!

However, for me it feels like this was planned all along, lol. Dunno why tho :cap_hmm:

The impression from the Q and A stream looked like they were bunkering down digging their heels in over this. Something changed - the post above is way more conciliatory than the one we got yesterday for example.

I suspect their hand was forced by the universal reaction across all servers.

• Cool 6

[LADA]
Players
319 posts
5,947 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

but nevertheless there is a own thread about it:

Yes - in a dark corner of the forum that a fraction of the players actually visit. The more the merrier!

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,429 posts
10 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Yes - in a dark corner of the forum that a fraction of the players actually visit. The more the merrier!

Well... that's a selfmade problem only you can solve by becoming more active in other subforums.

• Cool 1

[LADA]
Players
319 posts
5,947 battles

Aren't we all a cheery lot of miserable gits....

The subject of great angst (NTC) has actually been dialled WAAY back - even from the point of WG pretty much dismissing our complaints out of hand less than 24 hours ago. A RAPID reversal by the standards of WG - likely in no small part to the community. They listened. They didn't go ahead anyway. They're going to rethink it. Quite how bad the next idea is going to be is going to be a subject of much debate. 

Yet the best responses so far are some miserly comments about the intricacies of the forum and where to post things. Get a sense of humour, have some fun. Smile. It's allowed, honest. 

This has improved my Friday PM no end and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
22 minutes ago, b101uk said:

I would prefer Colbert and Ohio weren't locked behind NTC crap, so am much less happy about that than I was about NTC in it original form

21 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Still a thumbs down for me.  "Sorry, Ace42, you don't get a free ship because you're too busy to regrind an entire tech-tree line" is still a big "nuts to you, pal".

Still won't fix the problems it professes to target.  Still bad design and ill-conceived at its core.

Ungrateful.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,818 posts
3,634 battles
33 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Btw mods, this is perfectly constructive since it simply relays information of great interest to most forum visitors. Please no closure and or lock.

Might go as far as to say this is the best mews all day..

Players
213 posts

Just now, xxNihilanxx said:

Ungrateful.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's way better than what had originally been proposed.  I'm reinstalling the game now, which reflects how my outrage has been significantly down-graded.

But I don't think the "oh they've only implemented a system that's a bit bad for the economy and only slaps a small proportion of the playerbase in the face" defence is cause for the level of celebration we've seen.  I'd much rather they quit the prestige system altogether and come up with an update that actually DOES address the problems this was supposed to fix.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,322 battles

Excellent, I was afraid corporate would push this through but it's good to know community feedback makes a difference. Yeah, if there are ships and interesting alternate mods to be had, I'm likely to take part in NTC.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,700 posts
20,569 battles
14 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I suspect their hand was forced by the universal reaction across all servers.

Of course.

However, have you noticed that WG still did not give up on their NTC idea?

• Cool 4

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,322 battles
Just now, 22cm said:

Of course.

However, have you noticed that WG still did not give up on their NTC idea?

It's a grind, much like FXP grind and coal grind. As long as they don't make those resources irrelevant, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Players
213 posts
2 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

It's a grind, much like FXP grind and coal grind. As long as they don't make those resources irrelevant, I don't see it as a bad thing.

It's a grind that *loses you access to all your favourite ships in a line the moment you start it*.  It is still materially different to other grinds.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
12 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Don't get me wrong, it's way better than what had originally been proposed.  I'm reinstalling the game now, which reflects how my outrage has been significantly down-graded.

But I don't think the "oh they've only implemented a system that's a bit bad for the economy and only slaps a small proportion of the playerbase in the face" defence is cause for the level of celebration we've seen.  I'd much rather they quit the prestige system altogether and come up with an update that actually DOES address the problems this was supposed to fix.

I think the key thing with this announcement is that it now becomes optional rather than effectively compulsory. That is a huge difference, in my book.

Now when/if I do the grind it will be because I want to do it and not because I feel like I have to which will make the whole experience far more pleasant.

• Cool 8

[NWP]
Players
6,520 posts
7,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

It's a grind that *loses you access to all your favourite ships in a line the moment you start it*.  It is still materially different to other grinds.

Atleast you wont be at a disadvantage if you choose not to do it.

• Cool 4

[POI--]
Players
5,895 posts
7,229 battles
45 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Great news!

If it was, job well done, WG. I was actually half-considering buying DoY bundle because with buffs it might be a decent ship for randoms. But you know, I buy no ship to just play for two months.

Players
213 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Atleast you wont be at a disadvantage if you choose not to do it.

Mechanically disadvantaged.  I am disadvantaged in that "I don't want to lose my Fubuki and its perma-camo while I'm busy regrinding Yamato" effectively disbars me from this feature and its benefits.

Which is, as you say, the very least we could expect from this.  It meets the bare minimum needed to be even vaguely tolerable.

But this furore has clearly confused people to the point where anything that doesn't destroy the game is being confused with a feature which might actually add *real* value to it.

Why can't we have a system which genuinely rewards people for playing in lower tiers (rather than just encouraging them to Fxp past them?)
Why can't we have end-game content that people want to experience, rather than grind through to get a reward?
Why do the most desirable rewards have to be gated behind content many players have no interest in?

It's just poor design.

As you say, this is quite literally the very least.  Any less, and no-one would play.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Mechanically disadvantaged.  I am disadvantaged in that "I don't want to lose my Fubuki and its perma-camo while I'm busy regrinding Yamato" effectively disbars me from this feature and its benefits.

Which is, as you say, the very least we could expect from this.  It meets the bare minimum needed to be even vaguely tolerable.

But this furore has clearly confused people to the point where anything that doesn't destroy the game is being confused with a feature which might actually add *real* value to it.

Why can't we have a system which genuinely rewards people for playing in lower tiers (rather than just encouraging them to Fxp past them?)
Why can't we have end-game content that people want to experience, rather than grind through to get a reward?
Why do the most desirable rewards have to be gated behind content many players have no interest in?

It's just poor design.

As you say, this is quite literally the very least.  Any less, and no-one would play.

Because this was never really about people playing in lower tiers but instead was about finding a way to encourage us to keep paying without having to work around the clock to provide us with new content.

Creating a whole new line takes a lot of developer resources whereas getting us to regrind existing lines does not.

• Cool 4

Players
213 posts
Just now, xxNihilanxx said:

Because this was never really about people playing in lower tiers but instead was about finding a way to encourage us to keep paying without having to work around the clock to provide us with new content.

This was my interpretation too:  They lied to our faces.  Which is why I'm a little concerned at the number of people going "well, rather than pay up front for this content, we can let wargaming obfuscate the cost to us by hiding it behind FXPing and spending credit on ships we've already bought...  Seems like a win-win to me!"

As I said, I'm laying down my pitchfork, but I still think the idea is still an example of really cynical monetisation - and if players let this go through on the nod even watered down, it sends the wrong message to WGing.  They won't hear "give us less exploitative ways to support your game financially", they'll just hear "be craftier in hiding the costs".

WOT is still down on players, and they didn't need a community disaster like this debacle to hurt that game.  WGing have demonstrated they can smother the goose that lays the golden egg just as easily as they can shoot it in the face.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles
1 hour ago, Gvozdika said:

A minor thing.. not a biggie... could you please also provide link? Embedded doesn't seem to work on mobile....thanx

Screenshot_20190705-172225.png

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,767 battles

Nice move WG. 

Would not have done it for the upgrades, but for the ships I'll actually do it. 

NTC just got interesting. 

• Cool 2