Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Olmlet

what's a good and solid tech tree line to go for?

9 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
Players
24 posts
2,263 battles

hello, i was wondering what most people tought was a solid line to grind trough.

wich has a solid tier 10 ship at the end but decent or good ships troughout the line aswell. and is also fun to play.

so far ive got the zao and the yamato but i want to get some more tier 10 ships.

could you guys let me know what lines you really enjoyed? and why? 

thanks alot!

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,120 posts
5,033 battles

The British DD and SN cruiser lines were a joy to play for me. 

The SN cruiser line because I enjoyed the long range fire spam with their light cruisers while dodging the incoming shells. 
The RN DD line, because I love the good guns, good concealment, decent torpedoes and good gimmick pack they get. They are very capable destroyers that can pretty burn down BBs pretty well. They are also really strong at contesting caps (:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
842 posts

Depends on what u like to play?

USN CA/CL line is nice. Specially after u are done with Omaha.

Rusky one is nice from tier 6 and up. Both cruiser and BB line.

KM BBs are a strong line. No faults there.

KM Cruiser line is kinda mixed bag but still fun.

Same with French cruisers. Loved the BB grind though.

[QTANG]
Players
1,126 posts
18,553 battles

Very much depends on your preferences.
The MN CAs are pretty consistent and rather fun with their speed and burst-dmg.

US CAs (especially the high tier ones) are absolutely brilliant and their SHS are murderous,

German or VMF BBs if you are a fan of very tanky brawling BBs,

ect.

Players
1,691 posts
16,776 battles

You can test tier 10 ships on the public test server (PTS) if you would like to see for yourself. The first round is up until monday. You can elite 1 ship and convert the XP with doubloons into free XP so you can research new ships very quickly. This would require you to download a whole new game client, you have to know yourself if your internet connection allows that.

I have all tier 10 ships and I have no regrets, they are all strong and fun in their way. Depends what you like though. In general, play a line to tier 6 or 7 and you will see if you like it. That's not that much of a time investment and it tells you if it is worth to keep going. Pretty much all lines have stinkers (Emerald, Izumo, New York, ...), don't let them distract you.

Players
7,656 posts
9,378 battles
23 hours ago, Malissa1994 said:

hello, i was wondering what most people tought was a solid line to grind trough.

wich has a solid tier 10 ship at the end but decent or good ships troughout the line aswell. and is also fun to play.

so far ive got the zao and the yamato but i want to get some more tier 10 ships.

could you guys let me know what lines you really enjoyed? and why? 

thanks alot!

Very broad question. If you're tired of high concealment ships and overall campiness, French cruisers I can recommend. Mid tiers are okay-ish, but they start to shine from tier 8 onwards - they have access to Engine Boost with rather meaty +20% speed bonus, combine that with double rudder upgrades instead usual Concealment and you end up with hard to hit long range open water jackass of a HE spammer, while Main Battery Reload Booster gives them welcome burst damage increase to apply some citadels on broadside cruisers or add some extra fires on ship that just used his DCP.

British DDs I find average at best with exception of Lightning, that ship is a keeper. Light cruisers are solid, but they start to not-suck from Leander onwards, with Fiji being one of the best T7 cruisers in game. Neptune and Minotaur are embodiments of high risk-high reward. Lots of gunpower, but equally high chances of evaporating due to very high citadel.

Both American cruiser lines are decent, though Seattle is disappointing so be warned. US Destroyers are also very solid, pretty much built into cap contesters with quick firing and quick traversing turrets, from tier 7 onwards they gain ability to stealth torp, while Fletcher is class on her own in terms of versatility.

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,354 battles

You want solid performance and consistency, I don't think you can go wrong with UK BBs. Though t5-6 have aggravating turret traverse speed. US CAs are solid too.

Players
318 posts
4,522 battles

german cruisers. are a lot of fun for me. provided you arent asking for a paddling all match they are pretty well armoured and dont burn like soviet cruisers.

usn bb line is another i like, though the speed is not so good.

not a big dd player, but i like the sneeki breeki moves the pan asia line allows.

though, i treat the game like t7 is the highest available. because i dont want to deal with the mm for t8+

Sign in to follow this