You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zieten

Current Sprint Season

76 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
84 posts
5,096 battles

As i haven't any threads about it yet, some of my impressions of this Sprint.

- With that amount of "safe" ranks, it felt kinda pointless tbh. I think anyone who plays 30-40 rounds will easily get to R1 no matter how bad he plays.

- Balance in T7 is pretty out of whack. Probably worse than any other Tier. Ships like Belfast, Flint, Z-23 (Premium) or Sinop and Fiji (Silver) pretty much stomp over all other competitors. That'S why i would really appreciate some different Tier next time.

- The level of gameplay was REALLY bad. It does not matter that much bc you usually fall soft (concerning stars), but boy..there were some special plays in the few rounds i've played

[NWP]
Players
6,520 posts
7,482 battles

1. Same as before? Its supposed to be "easy" as its meant for newer players too. Rewards arent that great either, if they would make it harder, they would need to buff rewards too.

2. Eh... doesnt really matter imo. We already had T5--6 before.

3. When isnt it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[BASIC]
Players
182 posts
17,006 battles

Ranked out yesterday, was really quick. Looks like others are too consumed by NTC thing to see it. Time for vacation :cat_cool:

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
401 posts
7,597 battles

It gets realy hard once your team consists of players that have less then 100 games in randoms... haven't made it past R9 thanks to teams just beeing "special". There is only so much you can do in any of the OP prems vs. 7 reds. 

• Cool 2

[OGHF]
Players
897 posts
14,520 battles

Really fed up of USLESS BB’s, lost so many games and BB are always on the bottom :Smile_facepalm:

Players
1,470 posts
10,100 battles

Just had my first game in the sprint...

2079796429_Screenshot(177).thumb.png.f51f6fb77565c6d2e65ecf858295f84b.png

Had an issue with the Belfast.. whoever had him played him really well and he burned me for almost 40% of my health... gave him a +1 for worthy adversary...

Thankfully a lucky blind shot into smoke settled his hash for him..

1003642919_Screenshot(178).thumb.png.147dd3be1bb8847892af299dcb40ac0e.png

[BLAST]
Players
63 posts
7,979 battles

Was going well (even in a rented Haida amongst other ships) until I hit a wall at R2 and 1 game to go... :-(

A bunch of games with 'special' Nelsons which were broadsiding the likes of Sinops and a couple of questionable game performances from my side and back at R3 needing 4 or 5 games in a row to rank out...

Nevertheless, as I like T7 ships I've found this ranked sprint more fun than T5 for example where going out in any cruiser was almost a guaranteed death sentence, so games ended up being BB/DD only.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,348 posts

This one went really well for me, although I already finished it on Wednesday, so maybe the bad players hadn't noticed it yet.

I only lost 2 games, and only lost 1 star. Completed the thing in just half an afternoon :Smile_ohmy:

Nelson was the ship that did it for me. With the amount of HE spam bringing 4 of those zombie heals to the game is really OP

[CU]
Players
201 posts
16,022 battles

There is surely an element of challenge in how quickly you do it? Managed it in a pretty mediocre 19 matches. Im sure others did better.

[MORIA]
Players
563 posts
7,618 battles

This sprint thing is ok since you can play with someone. Ranked out in 14 games, lost only 1 or 2. I got a bug in one of those games though, all UI dissapeared, i was in blysca so i tried to spot atleast and do some random torping, but suddently i was sent back to port? Strange, but i restarted the client and no issues later.

Edit: It was a issue however, we won that game besides me going back to port/afk, but i didnt get a star. My div mate did, so i had to play one game solo...

[-TPF-]
Players
2,232 posts
10,596 battles

I wasn't in the mood for a competitive mode, but gave it a go and found that a) there are no destroyers (??) and that Yorck kicks arse.

[SWAGR]
Players
229 posts

6 hours or so of game play to rank out, pointless, enjoyed TX ranked more if it wasn't for rental numpties !!

• Boring 2

Players
1,470 posts
10,100 battles

3 Games in ...

991195710_Screenshot(186).thumb.png.d9a72ff22430cbb67386ef280d02a61a.png

Saved my star with the defeat... real Noob DD's this time... Polish DD decides to split and complains that he dies too early...

1994268096_Screenshot(187).thumb.png.776c99615757cdbf0b90e49de2383b63.png

1215228448_Screenshot(188).thumb.png.e07ed5fa44061cee38dbc6a4dea7e27e.png

Players
293 posts
7,242 battles

3 games - not div'd.  All three, the team tried its best to fail.  BBs suiciding one at a time, BBs camping safely behind islands where they can't contribute.  BBs not shooting at things that are spotted.  Just gave up, can't be bothered with it.

[PANEU]
Players
165 posts
3,713 battles

Meh , took me 12 games and i had fun, me and my bud did Scharnhorst div and it was a breeze.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,348 posts
15 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Yes.

shot-19-07-04-21-53-34-0674.jpg

Clearly Belfast is not OP enough :Smile_teethhappy:

See, this is why the NTC is a good idea. We need this so Belfast can finally be a good ship able to win ranked games.

Players
294 posts

Ranked out just now. Had one not so good game and a pink DD in my team was just flooding the chat how useless I was and how I didint use radar the moment he wanted.

He even came after me in the port chat... why its always german who contact you via personal chat?

20 games to get R1

[BABBY]
Players
10 posts
3,805 battles

This is by far my worst ranked season :Smile-angry: Loss after loss and only saving a star half the time.

Players
293 posts
7,242 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralKase said:

This is by far my worst ranked season :Smile-angry: Loss after loss and only saving a star half the time.

I made the mistake of trying again - I'm late to the party so no one to div with in the clan as they are all R5 and above now.  Teams of potatoes.  Even worse than I am.  F it, it's not worth it.

[SWAGR]
Players
229 posts

@MyopicHedgehog You don't need a div just a strong ship and some half decent players willing to work as a team, I did mine in Sinop, yes OP, but was needed at times to carry harder !

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,232 posts
10,596 battles

Well, that was fun. Just ranked out in 21 games using Yorck, Jervis and Mahan. Jervis seemed to do more damage, Mahan seemed to win more. Go USA! Highlights were a run of six consecutive wins to rank out in Mahan, and a jolly verbal exchange with a prominent member of the community (who will remain anonymous). :cat_bubble:

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,422 battles

Seem to be a lot less battles this time around, or is that just me?

I am having a rubbish season this time around (but, currently going through a 'playing badly phase anyways :( )

Capture.thumb.PNG.76be19e08af3d3b334a43673ce91675c.PNG

Players
54 posts
9,872 battles

I have played destroyers mainly and the only ship i was really afraid was Indianapolis with 10k radar. 

Otherwise this is a fun tier for me despite everyone complains about Belfast. I wasnt bothered by that, you can play arround it as a DD, but i didnt played BB so i cant comment on that. I tried Belfast but as always ( even geting high caliber ) i tend to lose. I have to accept i am potato Belfast player.