Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

Suggestion to avoid future s... storm

24 comments in this topic

Players
238 posts
3,481 battles

I have suggestion how WG can avoid pissing of the players of there games!

Do in game survey!!!

Just everytime you have an idea on a big game change, do popup for players when they login,

Where they can rate the idear from 1 to 10, 1 being horrible and 10 being fantastic, 

And let them give feedback,  and link to a discussion thread on forum! 

Run this for a month, and take the feedback to heart, and have a happy players 

You save manpower and money,  not working on things, that break the community and make players leave the game

You can even make a monthly survey what players most what you focused!

A very concerned Sailor Smokybutton 

• Cool 12

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,852 posts
3,634 battles

A commendable idea, but one with two major faults, neither of which can be easily cured.

1: Some folks will ignore any such poll, or give bs replies for one reason or another, meaning that the result won't be entirely accurate.

2: And even aside from that a lot of issues don't even HAVE a clear consensus among the playerbase.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,664 posts
16,801 battles

WG is known to interpret surveys in their favor no matter how unfavorable the results are.

Thus ingame surveys will have no effect.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,478 posts
4,128 battles

Problem is not a Lack of Feedback.

But a lack of WG giving a crap about that Feedback.

Just look at the NTC.

Community is 99% against it.

Rating for this in a 1 to 10 scale like yours would be a Solid average of  Minus 27

WGs Answer is to just go through with implementing it anyways while Dismissing any and all Community Suggestions as not working thus them just going with the thing which all Players Say they dont want under any circumstances.

So lets assume this System came.

We get a Survey on NTC.

People will rate the Idea by trying to click 7 Monitors left of the Screen because 1 Star is just too much for this.

And will send feedback saying.

*no Combat Buffs*

A Day later WG will Announce that after the Feedback they are Happy that the Community is so interested in the change and that they will add Combat Buffs.....

• Cool 7

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
10 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Problem is not a Lack of Feedback.

But a lack of WG giving a crap about that Feedback.

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,368 posts
8,693 battles

Somebody somewhere has a 'vision' of what game they want to deliver and will do so regardless of what the player base wants - I presume the assumption is that WG always thinks there are more players out there to attract to their game if they added some game features.

One way to look at is if they introduced the paragon system it probably opens up revenue streams of players who don't have the time to do the extra grinds and want them sped up in some way - assuming those players are not lost to the game.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,913 battles

Reminds me a question from their recent survey: How important is monetization for you in games? 1-10

1- not important

10- very important

So, what number to pick if answer wanted is: over monetize and im gone?

Players
300 posts

I just had a quick survey pop-up yesterday in port. It was about the changes in 0.8.4 and 0.8.5.

Also included questions about the soviet BB-line and rogue wave event.

Beta Tester
521 posts
9,989 battles

I personally would prefer to know how they have come with given idea.

They ignore feedback, they are allowed to do that.

I would like to know how they did come to conclusion that changing this game into rogue like is best possible scenario?

I personally do not play rogue like games for the solemn reason of neccesity of redoing stuff over and over again.

I have Yamato I do not want to grind Yamato again.

How many people has said WG that they will happily pay for such advantages?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,446 posts

Just had an ingame survey. One single question to the survey.

How likely are you to recommend WoWs to others?

My vote was heavily influenced by the NTC announcements.

• Cool 1

Players
238 posts
3,481 battles

I do hear you all, 😥😑 and i sadly agree with most of your points,

Asking almost any random player about this, and they eould have gotten a clear NO!!!!

And this more a heavy handed verbal slap, WG listen to the community,  this bad for business and makez unhappy customers 😥🤔

And as customers we have only on thing we can do, to send the clearest message we can,

So that in the future, they will listen more to avoid this like the plague! 

So logout, uninstall,  give NTC as reason, don't come back until it's good an dead, NTS that is! 

In other word vote with you feed

Players
136 posts
550 battles

In game surveys are good, but don't ask a player like me with less than 50 random battles to do one. I had a survey pop last night, didn't do it as how can I possibly have any useful input yet?

Still trying to remember that taking on 4 battleships with one lower tier destroyer is not a good idea. Running away is!

Highest tier I've encountered is 6, so how can I comment on tier 10 or the NTC?

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,354 battles

They won't do a survey on the NTC. If they did, it would be ignored. Because WG thinks they don't need our approval, we're not the silent majority that logs into the game, plays the tutorial and then throws 40 bucks at a Tirpitz before they get to t5 and realize they are literally 500+ hours away from being on remotely even footing with the whales in terms of ship performance alone.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,881 posts
5,296 battles
5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Just look at the NTC.

Community is 99% against it.

Rating for this in a 1 to 10 scale like yours would be a Solid average of  Minus 27

WGs Answer is to just go through with implementing it anyways while Dismissing any and all Community Suggestions as not working thus them just going with the thing which all Players Say they dont want under any circumstances.

How do you know this? Did they cinfirm they are coming through with NTC after the shitstorm? Please sauce me.

[CAIN]
Players
3,341 posts
12,508 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

How do you know this? Did they cinfirm they are coming through with NTC after the shitstorm? Please sauce me.

See official reply in the Some interesting news from around the world thread.

Players
7,668 posts
9,379 battles

WG "surveys" are not about game development, but about means WG can monetize further. Hence "inane" questions of favourite food, music band, movies, other games and whatnot. And as @El2aZeR mentioned some time ago, I wouldn't be surprised if his trolling weeb answers were part of Azur Lane collab expanding

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

A good way to avoid a s-storm would be to immediatly step away from the idea if 99% of the active community that read the announcement revolt instantly.

If you do this often enough there are legends of something forming that they call "trust".

The NTC thingy wouldn't have exploded in their face instantly if WG weren't known to push things through stubbornly like they seem to do again with the NTC with comat bonusses.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,919 posts
21,170 battles
4 hours ago, MoveZig said:
tl;dr: ''You think you do, but you don't.''

[Reddit Post not included, see original post]

That post by S_O on Reddit currently has 500+ comments and 0 up votes. If Reddit is showing down votes for posts I think it would be highly negative. I think that is showing something about what community is thinking about NTC. Majority of comments is strongly against this idea, especially bonuses to ship performances.

Surveys wouldn't work. You can always construct them in the way that you are getting favorable results and also a lot of playerbase don't have a clue what all of these is about a then don't follow Reddit of forum or any other media related to this game. 

But considering all my experience with WG during all these years, they are determined to go with this as seems by those presentations that a lot of stuff is already created and if they need to change that would impact their schedule and costs. Maybe there will be some tweaks, more to please community then anything else but I would be really, pleasantly, surprised if they back off from this.

[UAC]
Players
419 posts
1,546 battles

Oh, guys come on, don't be so negative :Smile_unsure:

Everyone was so hyped about the CV rework before it came out everyone gave it positive feedback and it turned out garbage(atm of this post, that is)

Maybe this is going to be the other way around, everyone thinks it's crap, and then it turns out perfect lel:Smile_trollface:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,873 posts
10,143 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

WG is known to interpret surveys in their favor no matter how unfavorable the results are.

Thus ingame surveys will have no effect.

"survey says you are having fun"

:Smile_trollface:

Players
51 posts
4,223 battles

If they are as Mindfull on these Changes, as they where on releasing broken CAs like Belfast and others, despite having STs and CCs that that told everyone that these ships are broken, i dont have that much faith.

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,174 posts
7,194 battles

Guys,

I think all of you are aware of the WG official policy about the latest announcement discussion.

Please keep this thread about the (AFAIK) general communication policy of WG and keep the discussion about NTC and other changes into the related topics.

I'm gonna clear this, just once.

Gd'day

[TAYTO]
Players
662 posts
7,715 battles

What gets me is when they ask you for a survey in the game, and it takes like 20 mins to complete.

Really? I prefer to play in the short amount of time I have available.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,372 battles

I always say in surveys I like vanilla cookies. Since WG asks me about my job, I think dietary habits might be relevant as well. :Smile_trollface:

You seem to be forgetting this is game about warships.

Storms are integral part of naval struggles, hence we have one every year.

Great Naval Battles Storm, Santa's Convoy Storm, etc. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Skyllon
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this