You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheSargon

Battleship lines

40 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
101 posts
554 battles

Which BB lane is most enjoyable to play and grind?

There is British, French, German and Soviet, i've already know how US and Japan are being played.

I've stopped playing when german BB's were released.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,065 posts
9,475 battles

Russian BBs are strong against HE shells, Fires and also against AP when properly angled. However, they do have a Citadel, so if you show broadside you will get punished more easily. In closerange, their guns are more reliable than the others, while longrange they are worse.

German BBs also have good Armor, but dont have a Citadel (in the sense of getting punished, they do have one ofc). But they will take lots of penetration damage because they are big in size. Their guns are not really accurate.

French and UK BBs have thin armor. UK BBs also have very good HE, they are mostly used as HE shooters (best performs is ofc using both AP and HE).

Players
3,432 posts

Japanese line is good until the Amagi, Izumo is awkward, sold mine to get the Yamato, that itself to me seem way overrated, Nelson used to be my go to hate boat, but this has taken a giant step forward, never know a ship where you are fully aimed using AP (hate it so much from now on I'm going to use HE, like a Brit) for this supposed over match, and you get one over pen if you are lucky, being in a Division i of no use whatsoever, turret traverse, way to slow, so apart from long range sniping from the furthest distance you can get, this ship is a pointless waste of a grind.

Apart from the Kremlin there is no other BB to get I don't think and i am certainly not going to waste time on that.

Do consider the American line though, the Monty is much better, although the American BB's only come into their own withe NC, all others are just junk.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles

I have come to like the Soviet Kremlin, though the grind in general has been a bit hit and miss. I put heavy weight onto the crown jewels of the lines, and so your tolerances may vary. The Japanese line was so long in the past for me as to be ancient history. The American, when I grinded them, were decent all round and I include the Colorado in that department; gun performance is paramount on a battleship. Overall though, I find the French by far the most enjoyable. Different yet coherent ships with vastly different playstyles that are at least good all around and by far the most pleasurable to grind. The British battleships are an affront to the game and I still have bones to pick with Weegee over that particular line.

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

Do you like to be up close in the action, or farther back as back line artillery?

If up close, then Russian or German BBs. Russian for stationary play, German for mobile play.

If far back, then French or British BBs. French for mobile play and British for stationary play.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,691 battles

I have to admit that I enjoyed French ones, but I played them so wrong (my Alsace holds record of capping among my BBs).

I do like Germans for hydro.

UK there is a chance I will never done them, they are abomination.

Russian are so far good for ops.

Players
1,870 posts
3,541 battles

For me, it's the IJN line, AA is crap, but the guns are very accurate, even for the Fuso, which has the worst sigma.

Players
166 posts
6,635 battles

German line is fun, but FDG is just not performing

Japan, so far finished with Fuso, fun ship

UK, KGV nice ship but a bit boring for me, whole UK line is just not for me.

FR, Normandy and Lyon are funny ships, Richelieu is a good ship, but i don`t like forward guns only setup so stopped playing

US, good ships when fully upgraded, currently on stock Iowa, can`t get that ship performing

RUS, have gangut :) so i wont comment

so far i have much more fun on cruisers (love mogami) or on japan T7 DDs

[NWP]
Players
1,386 posts
11,283 battles

<EDITED because unnecessary> Post may be deleted

[NWP]
Players
1,386 posts
11,283 battles

<EDITED because unnecessary> Post may be deleted

[WCWVE]
Players
1,050 posts
16,800 battles
9 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Japanese line is good until the Amagi, Izumo is awkward, sold mine to get the Yamato, that itself to me seem way overrated, Nelson used to be my go to hate boat, but this has taken a giant step forward, never know a ship where you are fully aimed using AP (hate it so much from now on I'm going to use HE, like a Brit)for this supposed over match, and you get one over pen if you are lucky, being in a Division i of no use whatsoever, turret traverse, way to slow, so apart from long range sniping from the furthers distance you van get, this ship is a pointless waste of a grind.

Apart from the Kremlin there is no other BB to get I don't think and i am certainly not going to waste time on that.

Do consider the American line though, the Monty is much better, although the American BB's only come into their own withe NC, all others are just junk.

I know what you mean, had a battle where I was in that situation for 4 salvos and got 8 overpens, 6 penetration no damage and 10 bounces at 11km full broadside from a Yamato with 15 point captain on board, yet with the Musashi the previous battle I got 6 penetrations on Sinop [edited]she came round island and that was the end of the Sinop at 4km 

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
734 posts
10,929 battles

There are ships I love in different lines but as a whole the US bb line was the most enjoyable for me especially tier 7 upwards (yes, Colorado too)

Players
3,432 posts
9 hours ago, dasCKD said:

I have come to like the Soviet Kremlin, though the grind in general has been a bit hit and miss. I put heavy weight onto the crown jewels of the lines, and so your tolerances may vary. The Japanese line was so long in the past for me as to be ancient history. The American, when I grinded them, were decent all round and I include the Colorado in that department; gun performance is paramount on a battleship. Overall though, I find the French by far the most enjoyable. Different yet coherent ships with vastly different playstyles that are at least good all around and by far the most pleasurable to grind. The British battleships are an affront to the game and I still have bones to pick with Weegee over that particular line.

Why the hate on the British line, or the German for that matter?

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles
Just now, NoobySkooby said:

Why the hate on the British line,

I loathe the British line not for what they are, but for what they represented. They represented an era of brain dead nonsense and easy damage farming, risk free compared to just about every other surface ship. I admit that much of my rage about the British line has subsided over the years, but the latest season of ranked grind where endless games were lost because Conquerors decided to ignore destroyers on 3k HP to take a swing at a full health battleships just succeeded to remind me what a malignant cancer the British battleship line are.

For similar reasons, I hate the new carriers.

Just now, NoobySkooby said:

or the German for that matter?

I put a lot of weight on the crown jewel of the line. I liked the Gneisenau and really liked the Bismark back in the day. The Kurfurst however was just never that good, even when battleship citadel invincibility was a special trait. She is meant to be a brawling battleship but can neither turn her turrets far enough or herself fast enough to function in brawls. She kind of works as a mid ranged trading battleship, but the Montana is just better than her at that. She is just not good. The Kremlin was the last slap in the face. It showed that Weegee KNEW what a brawling battleship needed but they are still willing to let the Kurfurst rot.

Players
3,432 posts
2 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

I loathe the British line not for what they are, but for what they represented. They represented an era of brain dead nonsense and easy damage farming, risk free compared to just about every other surface ship. I admit that much of my rage about the British line has subsided over the years, but the latest season of ranked grind where endless games were lost because Conquerors decided to ignore destroyers on 3k HP to take a swing at a full health battleships just succeeded to remind me what a malignant cancer the British battleship line are.

For similar reasons, I hate the new carriers.

I put a lot of weight on the crown jewel of the line. I liked the Gneisenau and really liked the Bismark back in the day. The Kurfurst however was just never that good, even when battleship citadel invincibility was a special trait. She is meant to be a brawling battleship but can neither turn her turrets far enough or herself fast enough to function in brawls. She kind of works as a mid ranged trading battleship, but the Montana is just better than her at that. She is just not good. The Kremlin was the last slap in the face. It showed that Weegee KNEW what a brawling battleship needed but they are still willing to let the Kurfurst rot.

Would that not be a reflection on the players of said ships rather than the ships themselves?

Can't speak for the Kremlin, but I would take my Kurfurst our any day rather than the Yamato, such a disappointment after all the hype.

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
5 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Oh please don't hold back on my behalf, i know you had some witty trolling remark to make,:Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry to disappoint but your morning attention seek will not be added to. 

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,386 posts
11,283 battles
15 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Oh please don't hold back on my behalf, i know you had some witty trolling remark to make,

Is this comment necessary?

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles
21 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Would that not be a reflection on the players of said ships rather than the ships themselves?

It would, but certain ship encourages bad behaviors. The Shimakaze's and Asashio's 20 km torpedoes for one. The British battleships aren't 'bad' per se, they are functional. I just dislike the fact that the long heal cooldown and obscene HE performance encourages the long range style that wastes their large guns and survivability.

21 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Can't speak for the Kremlin, but I would take my Kurfurst our any day rather than the Yamato, such a disappointment after all the hype.

Yeah, the Yamato is a bit of a pile of hot garbage even after the legendary module. I won't disagree with that. Battleships have been weird to me lately though, I just feel like their guns are getting less accurate. Could just be my imagination though.

[THESO]
Players
967 posts
8,977 battles
14 hours ago, TheSargon said:

Which BB lane is most enjoyable to play and grind?

There is British, French, German and Soviet, i've already know how US and Japan are being played.

I've stopped playing when german BB's were released.

Here are some quick notes. I hope it helps :Smile_popcorn::Smile_popcorn::Smile_popcorn:

• British BBs are for sissies who want to duck behind an island or stay at max range while spamming HE like a puny cruiser :Smile-_tongue:
  • French BBs are lesser and faster sissies (except Richelieu. She is the flag-bearer of global sissy confederation)
  • German BBs are for real (drunk) men who prefer being up close & personal with their enemy. Turtle back armor (less citadels, more penetrations received), strong but inaccurate guns (too much beer), good secondaries with skills
  • Soviet BBs, well they are made of glorious stalinum so they are stronk! On the front at least. Good guns on mid/short range. But their citadel is exposed so giving broadside is more dangerous compared to other lines
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,474 posts

None are. Because of the unrealistic game mechanics that give cruiser and even DD guns absolute fire power advantage over BBs. Even with the case of the secondary build BB's this is a problem because several high tier DD's can accurately fire at them from beyond the range of their secondaries.

[SHAFT]
Players
11,065 posts
9,475 battles
25 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

None are. Because of the unrealistic game mechanics that give cruiser and even DD guns absolute fire power advantage over BBs. Even with the case of the secondary build BB's this is a problem because several high tier DD's can accurately fire at them from beyond the range of their secondaries.

538.jpg

Are you serious?

• Cool 1