Sign in to follow this  
WG_Lumberjack

0.8.6 PTS - Ranked Season

5 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,261 posts
3,904 battles

Ranked Battles

Update 0.8.6 features a new season of Ranked Battles! Battles will involve only Tier IX ships and will be held in a "6 vs. 6" format. A considerable reward of 5,500 Steel is at stake, and if you reach Rank 1, you'll be awarded the Jolly Roger achievement.

On the live server, the Ranked Battles season will begin two weeks after the release of Update 0.8.6.

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/general-news/dev-diaries-086/ 

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/public-test/bulletin-086/ 

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/public-test/public-test-086/ 

[DAVY]
Players
16 posts
25,825 battles

Simply no chance to get a ranked battle, sat in queue for 15 mins and number going for it never got over 10.....and even then it was 7BB 2 Cruiser and 1 DD so a mis-match anyway. The PTS has basically become 300 RU players derping about in Kremlins and T10 CVs. Why even are there CV missions? Remove them to remove the incentive to play them. If the highest tier needed to play is T9 at ranked, cap the ships that are playable at T9, take away the incentive to play pointless ships. All i have been able to do is play the Minotaur (for the AA for constant carriers) to try to get my 15 wins in, but, only possible on randoms.....with a wait.
You HAVE to sort this out as it is becoming pointless, people are missing time on the main server to test things and all it is right now it T4 players acting up in T10s because it's a quick way to get to them

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
99 posts
15,353 battles

For me ranked battles were started saying that I was rank 1... So couldn't find a way to actualy play or test anything.

Maybe server kept my previous stats somehow?

Players
6 posts
7,480 battles

Why does it need to be a achivment for rank 1? why not the pirate flag as before? 

Ps. I never had the chance to achive one of the flags because i never reached rank one before season 10 and the seasons before. Also i am sorry when my english is pretty bad ^w^

Players
2,109 posts
15,301 battles

Once again it appears pointless to test this without premium ships, especially looking at how powerful the tier IX premiums generally are.

The previous Ranked on this tier was absolutely dominated by Musashi, Black, Jean Bart, Kronshtadt. This time there will be even more powercreep via Georgia. Granted, it is not as pointless as the Tier VII Ranked Sprint Public test last time, when the whole radar functionality was missing along with the Atlantas and Belfasts and Indianapolises. But still.

PTS population is a resource, an especially scarce one during the summer months, and I feel this Ranked test is a waste in this form. Either skip it, or make sure there are premium ships around, or imho best option, barr the premiums from the live server Ranked battles. Edit: That said, i didn't even get in a single Ranked battle anyway the whole Part I weekend for lack of players, and don't expect it to go any better this second time around.

Also why put a British 19-point commander in there? This makes the Ranked test even more pointless. The one silver tech-tree ship among the ridiculously broken OP Tier IX ships is of course Jutland. Now, thanks to that 19-pointer handily transferred from Queen Elizabeth, the Jutland players will have a four skill-point advantage on top of the superior ship while all the other nations have to contend with the usual 15-pointers. He's still in there in part II. Am I missing something? Is this intentional? Are we meant to use that to test the "balanced" British BBs?

Sign in to follow this