Sign in to follow this  
WG_Lumberjack

0.8.6 PTS - General feedback

26 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,261 posts
3,904 battles

Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.8.6!

The beginning of the French cycle of updates, the new Crash Zone Alpha map, and the Thirteenth Season of Ranked Battles! Read the Developer Bulletin and join the test!

Starts: Thu. 04 Jul. 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 04 Jul. 18:30
Ends: Mon. 08 Jul. 17:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 08 Jul. 17:30

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/general-news/dev-diaries-086/ 

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/public-test/bulletin-086/ 

https://worldofwarships.eu/pl/news/public-test/public-test-086/ 

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

Players
27 posts
9,361 battles

I have played on the public test server twice today and could only play 1 game each time due to realy bad lag, my ping would shoot up to over 200 then back to 33, when I go back to normal server my ping stays the same all the time.

[-YR-]
Players
385 posts

Downloaded the PTS. Took me a lot! 

After this I push the button register and find out… IT'S ONLY IN RUSSIAN!!

Then you wonder why so few people play on PTS??? 

Last update: after I registered I found out that I have to download another 6 GB update and ufter this another 2 GB.

So the Whole process is taking me 4 hours. …. I guess because the download from the russian server is going at a very low speed. 

OMG it's a nightmare. Wish It will be Worth the pain. 

Edited by Alfa_Tau
addition

Players
505 posts
8,974 battles

Did everybody get a 19-point captain on the Queen Elizabeth, and the others all being 15-point captains? Or was that just me?

Players
773 posts
15,432 battles

The only issue I had was the automated voice would report all aircraft losses for everyone on the team, so I would hear "fighter destroyed" randomly throughout the battle which is mildly annoying. 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,349 posts
3,725 battles
4 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

The only issue I had was the automated voice would report all aircraft losses for everyone on the team, so I would hear "fighter destroyed" randomly throughout the battle which is mildly annoying. 

Do you have replay from those battles? Atleast I hope, it would be heard on the replay...

Players
773 posts
15,432 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Do you have replay from those battles? Atleast I hope, it would be heard on the replay...

Sure I will upload it should I just put it as a support ticket, or prefer I upload it somewhere else ?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,349 posts
3,725 battles
1 hour ago, lovelacebeer said:

Sure I will upload it should I just put it as a support ticket, or prefer I upload it somewhere else ?

Actually for PT it is kinda tricky, as replay file it runable just in particular PT, so when submitting on Monday, it wouldn't work when somebody would take a look on that. And btw don't create support tickets of PT.

Can you record this somehow, maybe? 

Players
773 posts
15,432 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Actually for PT it is kinda tricky, as replay file it runable just in particular PT, so when submitting on Monday, it wouldn't work when somebody would take a look on that. And btw don't create support tickets of PT.

Can you record this somehow, maybe? 

I will see what I can do to record a battle 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,349 posts
3,725 battles
15 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

I will see what I can do to record a battle 

Try.. but anyway, Amaha in bugs section reported the same and devs were informed about this. Thank you :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
156 posts
5,912 battles

Since the 0.8.5 PT round 1 each version of the WoW crashes on me: the live 0.8.5, the 0.8.5.1 and now the PT 0.8.6

Any suggestions to solve the issue?

Players
2,109 posts
15,298 battles

It is disappointing that once again there is no sign of the simplest GUI improvements that basically suggest themselves, like a demount-all-signals button, flag profiles or even ship profiles, nor any improvements of the contacts / friends management and social networking features.

Especially considering that WG is obviously worried about player retention.

People are much less prone to abandon a game where they have friends. It's as easy as that. Make it easier to find and maintain social contacts and you will straight up lose fewer players.

• Cool 2

Players
115 posts
25,528 battles
2 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Handing out a Gearing for 500 doubloons in a "Random Bundle" is so broken and mad I was tempted to put this into the BUGS thread. 

Trust me, don't worry, you don't get the Gearing for 500 doubloons.:cap_like:

1. In the live server the ship will not be the "Gearing"! I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I can safely tell you that it's not the Gearing or a tier ship 10.
  2. In the live server, the rewards and ease with which they are obtained are often different than on the test server.
  3. Also on the Test server, even if it is not clearly explained, it takes several attempts at 500 doubloons each, before being able to get the "prize" ship.

Ps: Indeed, personally, considering when you spend, between Republic Tokens and total doubloons, believing that this ship is a prize seems to me exaggerated... in my opinion, it's just a different way to buy a ship).:cap_money:

It's like making a race, and then whoever wins will be given a medal... but only if he pays the medal! :Smile_trollface:

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
99 posts
15,330 battles

I have the feelling that I didn't get my rewards on my main account after finishing the combat missions required, also couldn't see any french brand destroyer in game.

Probably they are work in progress?

Also couldn't play and ranked or clan battle, so not so many things to report .

For ranked it was showing me directly Rank 1 but I think that this is from the previous update on PTS and not for this one. But somehow I keep on rank 1.

Anyway, that's all for now, I ll keep up playing more random battles to see what else I can find.

[PORT]
[PORT]
Players
21 posts
15,840 battles

I have not read earlier posts so apologies if I am repeating anything... 

I cannot get into RANKED BATTLES anymore... have reached Rank 3 and the queue wait is everlasting... no way to runa test WG...????

Players
2,109 posts
15,298 battles
Vor 57 Minuten, HelldiverGr sagte:

I have the feelling that I didn't get my rewards on my main account after finishing the combat missions required,

You only get those when the patch goes live, also you have to actively claim them.

It's in the announcement.

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
99 posts
15,330 battles
1 minute ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

You only get those when the patch goes live, also you have to actively claim them.

It's in the announcement.

Thanks for the info

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
99 posts
15,330 battles

Well it is confirmed as a bug. Cannot load the premier league flag (greyed out) while it shows me rank 1.... in ranked battles...

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
99 posts
15,330 battles

SO I cannot play ranked battles, because somehow it kept my score (rank 1) from previous patch? I guess...

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,844 battles

The Marseilles port is really drab, a few balloons, badly needs sparkling up.

Players
27 posts
1,817 battles
On 7/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, DanSilverwing said:

Did everybody get a 19-point captain on the Queen Elizabeth, and the others all being 15-point captains? Or was that just me?

I have the same. The QE does have a 19 pt captain in my port

Players
27 posts
1,817 battles
3 hours ago, HelldiverGr said:

SO I cannot play ranked battles, because somehow it kept my score (rank 1) from previous patch? I guess...

Sounds logical. I still have all my ships and rewards from the previous patch.

[WAZ]
Players
34 posts
1,493 battles
On 7/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, nextoops said:

[...]

I cannot get into RANKED BATTLES anymore... have reached Rank 3 and the queue wait is everlasting... no way to runa test WG...????

Yeah I also couldn't proceed beyond Rank 3, then again considering the reward & progress is shared between all rounds, and the restrictions on tier, ship type, and the requirement of 6v6 (probably because that's what they want to test), it's imperative we try & finish this the earliest we can. Even without considering any rewards, the remaining factors will still play against the favor of Ranked.

Back to OP, round #2 feedback (was not in round #1):

• Sometimes when turning manually (via A and D), turn sound effects similar to automatic turns (Q and E) are issued.
  • Autopilot is really clumsy in turns right now. It sometimes forgets turning outright. At other times, it turns without accounting for the fact that it's switching between forward & backward movement.
  • From the carrier's perspective, was the sound of a plane's destruction changed? In the few matches I've played, I rarely recall hearing the usual sound, and I'm yet to recognize if there was either a replacement for it, a change of volume, or just total omission.
  • In one instance, it seemed as if the only ship torpedo of my salvo that managed to hit my enemy, somehow dealt a duplicate instance of damage to him about 0.5 seconds after initial impact & damage. That 2nd instance resulted in the target's death, and sadly I'm not confident of my observation of ribbons during the incident, and I forgot to review post-match results to cross-check them against present clues.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

- KitCat.

Sign in to follow this