You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wedfelt

Discussion About Naval Training Center / Paragon System

7 comments in this topic

[-GGS-]
Players
79 posts
2,431 battles

Hi.

I'm sure you've already heard about the [WIP] Paragon / Naval Training Center feature.

If you haven't - heres a reddit link with the WG's video and discussion below.

Please - Wargaming, scrap this Naval Training Center / Paragon system.

I'm just another player trying to get my voice heard.

Personally, I will quit this game the second this feature gets launched. (Yes, its free to play, but you'll be losing a paying customer.)

Constructive Criticism: It's lazy gamedesign.
Instead of producing new content with the funds we paying players provide you with, you try to get double or triple value from the already developed intellectual property.
It's not hard to see why players are outraged already.
Other games have done the same over the years and it has never been met with anything but community outrage.

My Suggested Fix: Scrap the idea entirely OR make the paragon rewards something non-impactful. Give us unique camouflage pattern unlocks, new and unique airhonk signals, new flags or a one-time reward in the form of Coal, Steel or something. As long as it doesn't directly impact the stats of a ship, giving an advantage over others.
Grinding Paragon levels shouldn't become part of the MAIN GRIND, just something like the icing on a cake. "Oh, paragon level up - Here, have this new Tracer colour. Or this shell tracer colour."

What do you guys think about this?
Do you have any ideas that could "Fix" the problem? Make sure to share.

Please, remember to keep your comments civilized and constructive - Lets do our best to help the devs create the game we deserve.

Thank you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PLD]
Players
89 posts

No thanks and the one who came with that idea have him/her do the office cleaning for a weak. 

• Cool 1

[NOFUN]
Players
11 posts
8,457 battles

Please leave this out! 

I used to play an old online pirate game called Seafight and this, a system to further strengthen your ship, was the exact reason and beginning of the games downfall... The mechanic was eventually tweaked and made so that a player could basically become invincible if you used your credit card enough. Away went the new playerbase, away went all the players that couldn´t/didn´t want to pay as much, and byebye went the game.

Don´t go down this path Wargaming. We really enjoy the game. Us veterans are playing it for a reason you know.
Instead focus on in-game balancing, UI/UX, performance optimization etc. 
And to keep the game alive; more Operations (they were a great addition that you basically stopped adding to), more historic missions and more events.
You could even add longterm ranked seasons using different setups and gamemodes.

BUT NOT PARAGON SYSTEM - This is not a PVE.

• Cool 3

[NOFUN]
Players
11 posts
8,457 battles

Best example of how this will play out is found in the latest ranked season: Rental ships.

The better, more experienced players completely crapped on the rentals. The paragon system will have the same effect but in every game instead of just a specific time limited season.

Listen to the players now, not some hothead in the studio claiming this will not have any big effect. You´re slowly but efficiently destroying the charm with the game going down this path

Players
2,174 posts
51 minutes ago, zordage said:

No thanks and the one who came with that idea have him/her do the office cleaning for a weak. 

Make it unpaid work for a year, seriously if this comes the yes the game has died for me, I want some bod from WG themselves to be put up in here to face the utter contemptuous wrath of the WoW's player base over this, we need to be heard and listened to, won't happen though.

• Cool 1

Moderator, Supertester, Sailing Hamster
411 posts

Closed.

You are welcome to discuss the possible influence of the recent devblog announcements on gameplay. However, please understand that we need to have your thoughts gathered in one thread.

We don't close the threads to prevent negative feedback, the opposite is the case. Please use the pinned threads to provide feedback, since this is the only way to keep track of all the posts.

Here are the links to the pinned threads:

Inertia Fuse for HE / plating changes

Naval Training Center, Premium Consumables, Matchmaker

Priority air defense sector

Once again: We appreciate your feedback, but please use those threads for feedback and discussions! Discussions bring up new ideas or detect new problems, which are a kind of feedback themselves.

So please, use the linked threads and discuss/provide feedback in a civilized manner. This is the best way to make sure your opinion will be recognized.

Arty_McFly

• Bad 1