Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Affeks

This is a topic about gameplay

8 comments in this topic

[YSB]
[YSB]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

Hey! Im here to discuss with fellow players the gameplay implications regarding the potential inclusion of scary p2w aspects and/or immense grindwalls gatekeeping newer players from a fair competitive platform to participate in. Please dont close or move the thread o' heralds of the wargame!

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

*THREAD CLOSED*

Please guys understand that blah and blah and we need to blah.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[YSB]
[YSB]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
Just now, OttoZander said:

*THREAD CLOSED*

Please guys understand that blah and blah and we need to blah.

Oh yeah as long as 15% more HP has a big [WIP] attached to it, its not really gameplay related ok my bad

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

I too am interested in discussing gameplay related issues in the gameplay forum my friend. I hope this doesn't get shut down by Herr Obergruppencommisar.

I think people are looking at this the wrong way, you're right that it makes the gameplay a lot more unfair to newer players and makes getting a foothold on the game harder, people are right that it essentially rewards those with too much free time to grind, but the real essence of this change is who wanted it? Who does it help? Who asked for it?

As far as I can see it's nothing more than a mechanism to get vulnerable people to spend even more of their free time here, reducing the number of players but increasing the game frequency of the remaining players. WG seem to have abandoned the principles of trying to make a game if they ever had them to start with, now they're trying to make a life sink. If your game isn't good enough to attract and retain people naturally, gripping on to what you have tighter and tighter will just result in a slower death. In terms of gameplay I think we'll see an increase in the number of people who are really super in to the game but in a bad way playing the game while the more take it or leave it group find something else to do with their time. The problem for WG is that games that are essentially life sinks exist, and they're usually much better than or more rewarding than WoWS. WoWS strikes a weird but up until now manageable balance between hardcore and casual that is rare to see. As time goes by expect them to move to more life sink-y game models as they realise the various battle royale format isn't enough to make a life sink game.

• Cool 1

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

You do not understand. We need to shut down every bloody thread that criticises our actions so that the community does not have the bad impression of the game or us under the pretext of having "all feedback in one place, in one thread".

Do you actually think that the immense amount of moderators surfing these forums and shutting down every god darn critical thread can actually pull your feedback from the said thread?

Moderator, Sailing Hamster
491 posts

Closed.

For clarification:

You can discuss the possible influence of the recent devblog announcements on gameplay. Please understand, that we need to have your thoughts gathered in one thread.

We don't close the threads prevent negative feedback, the opposite is the case. Please use the pinned threads to provide feedback. This is the only way to keep track of all the posts.

Here are the links to the pinned threads:

Inertia Fuse for HE / plating changes

Naval Training Center, Premium Consumables, Matchmaker

Priority air defense sector

Once again: We appreciate your feedback, but please use the correct threads!

Arty_McFly