Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Look, I just want a game about old warships ​​​​​​

27 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,648 posts
19,740 battles

Well, if the plans with the announced changes hit the live server, you can play each tech tree line up to 10 times over and over again! Isn’t that awesome? So much game left in WoWS and you can experience all your favorite ship grinds over and over again. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
Just now, thiextar said:

Theres always warthunder lads

Shoot yourself in left or right foot, which one you prefer?:cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
411 posts
19,059 battles

People like you want it all :Smile_veryhappy: .....a game about ships, fun engaging game play, uncomplicated upgrade paths, no mega grinds to unlock super upgrades that give you an instant advantage over more casual players who want to play for fun and relaxation. A game with tactics and interesting thought processes that engages the mind. No broken ship classes that make playing others a misery. Sorry, you have come to the wrong place.

• Funny 5

Players
7,228 posts
245 battles
59 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Left hand pls.

[NOWH]
Players
660 posts
5,658 battles

this is part of why i suggested t1 shoudl have the secondaries buffed a few months ago.

not only would it teach newbies about secondary batteries, but would add a lot of fun and options for pre ww1 ship brawls.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,468 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Or, even better, the CN server.

• Cool 1

[YSB]
[YSB]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

Nows a good time for WG to introduce the Sad react

• Funny 2

Players
1,052 posts
15,102 battles

World of Warships: Age of Sail edition?

I keep asking for this, and they never listen. And it's a much better idea than their latest wheeze.

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
6,345 posts
8,504 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

When?:Smile_sad:

Tier ZERO? BRING IT ON.

DbVfl2vWkAA1x28.jpg

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,569 battles

Tier 0? Can I have one of these? It's a submarine with a 12 inch battleship gun on the front of it...

HMS_M1_from_air_port_bow (1).jpg

• Funny 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,077 battles
4 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, if the plans with the announced changes hit the live server, you can play each tech tree line up to 10 times over and over again! Isn’t that awesome? So much game left in WoWS and you can experience all your favorite ship grinds over and over again. 

Sounds great. I mean, the whole reason to play a game about old warships is for all the special events, obviously.

Players
1,062 posts

If there was a game, which played like the old Silent Hunters (2-4), was co-operative and you had access to all ships (say one player for subs, two for DD's, 3/4 for CA's and bigger) basically with each player representing major officers on board. With correct armour models, fuel, endurance, etc.

Well, if that were the case I would have left for that game a very, very long time ago. 

Beta Tester
137 posts
12 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

h9C7CCE87.jpg

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
667 posts
14 hours ago, thiextar said:

You mean with helicopters, Leopard 2A5 and so on with mass Produktion in the nineties? 

Would love to see  a WoWs Great War Edition, with many dreadnoughts having their WW1 hulls. And no CVs.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,758 battles
15 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

When?:Smile_sad:

maybe i should not post but go take a look at Naval Action.. its more sim than arcade so is no competition to WOWS.

but it looks Beautiful. Plays pretty good. ive been in since kick starter. just gone back to it after a couple of years as it just went live.

Spoiler

1903061967_navalaction.thumb.jpg.124de3a1057fe7606098fc597c040792.jpgNaval-Action-Game-Labs-Age-Of-Sail-Naval-Simulation-Combat.thumb.jpg.e2334033f41345dbf2a56647168729f5.jpg

On subject of World of Warships... I have always said i wish WW2 started about tier 7...

Why ow why do we have interwar refits or fictitious refits of WW1 ships by tier 4. We completely do 1890-1930s in 2 tiers. I Dont get why.. Its probably the most fascinating time in Naval history of merchandised warships and grand naval battles. WG really missed the ball here

• Cool 4

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles
16 hours ago, Panocek said:

Can we shoot both feet off Weegee?

Players
322 posts
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

On subject of World of Warships... I have always said i wish WW2 started about tier 7...

Why ow why do we have interwar refits or fictitious refits of WW1 ships by tier 4. We completely do 1890-1930s in 2 tiers. I Dont get why.. Its probably the most fascinating time in Naval history of merchandised warships and grand naval battles. WG really missed the ball here

I do not understand in all these games (WOT, WOWS, WOWP, WT etc.) why they have this insane focus on fantasy and post 1945/1950 equipment. The only logical reason that I can think of is that the USSR only caught up technologically with the leading first world nations in many areas after the 1950s and 1960s. It is known that there are government subsidies for making "patriotic" games, to be fair they exist in many countries not only in Russia but also in GB and the USA for example.

Having said that... looking at the real warships deployed by the Allied Navies and taking WW2 as an example...

Allied Navies involved in WWII (total number of warships deployed in brackets)

Royal Navy    HMS    Royal Navy (9,518)
      US Navy    USS    US Navy (9,233)
      Royal Canadian Navy    HMCS    Royal Canadian Navy (560)
      Soviet Navy    USSR    Soviet Navy (421)
      French Navy    FR    French Navy (241)
      Royal Indian Navy    HMIS    Royal Indian Navy (230)
      Royal Australian Navy    HMAS    Royal Australian Navy (169)
      Royal Dutch Navy    HNMS    Royal Dutch Navy (146)
      Italian Navy        Italian Navy (120)
      Free French Navy    FFL    Free French Navy (104)
      United States Coast Guard    USCGC    United States Coast Guard (96)
      Royal Norwegian Navy    HNoMS    Royal Norwegian Navy (81)
      Royal Hellenic Navy    RHS    Royal Hellenic Navy (76)
      Royal New Zealand Navy    HMNZS    Royal New Zealand Navy (55)
      Brazilian Navy        Brazilian Navy (54)
      Polish Navy    ORP    Polish Navy (39)
      South African Navy    HMSAS    South African Navy (17)

Source:

https://uboat.net/allies/warships/

On a side note, based on the above, the Royal Canadian Navy had more ships than the USSR Navy in WW2.

You would think that WOWS could limit herself to adding THOSE real world warships to their game. Instead they increasingly focus on ships/aircraft that never had a finalized design, were never built and/or never anywhere near completion/deployment before August 1945.

Funnily enough the ships and aircraft that sank more enemy ships than anything else in history are not even included in WOWS.

As to Battleships, looking at classes and numbers in service one cannot escape the fact that WW1 really was their most important war and that era in WOWS is really more a minor stepping stone in WOWS to the Tier 10 Starship ENTERPRISE and Tier 10 Battlestar GALACTICA.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,758 battles
59 minutes ago, Widar_Thule said:

Stuff

Good post..

some fictitious ships maybe are nessesery..

I know you Uboatboat.net site very well from my silent hunter days.

Though i to would prefer real ships. Some concept designs that were never laid down or scrapped on the stocks are interesting.

As i said though i do wish they had put more in to the first 30 years of the 20th Century .

• Cool 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,077 battles

Personally I don't mind the "what iffs" much (if at all). But I came to WoWS to play a game about sailing metal boats with metal guns (and maybe the occasional aircraft carrier...or sub). If I want to play an MMORPG, I already got those needs covered :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles

I think i sayd a few times already, that wows could use a look into lower tier ships more, you have a plethora of interesting, gorgeous, quirky ships and all in between, but yeahh, im not getting my hopes up of seeing them ingame :cap_tea:

Sign in to follow this