Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
black_falcon120

Use of Premium Consumables

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,171 posts
3,143 battles

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the Dev blog on Medium, they said that 50% of all TX ships in TX do not use premium consumables (ie each ship in game has a 50% chance to be using stock).  Is there a reason for this?

devblog: https://medium.com/@devblogwows/naval-training-center-6ae94ee5b34a

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

Is there a reason for this?

Two reasons:

• Some people may legit not have the credits for it, so they probably prioritize premium consumables based on what they need most. A player would use premium heals and DCP, but might opt for normal speedboost, catapult aircraft, DFAA, etc..
  • Some people are just so bad at the game they don't know there's premium consumables (or camouflages, or signal flags, or WASD ...).
  • Cool 10

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,174 posts
9,390 battles

- Playerbase not being the brightest.

- Players not realising you can pick them for credits.

- Players that are too cheap and try to save money despite playing tier 10.

- Players for some reason thinking it's pay to win.

Pick one or several options, only reason I can think of.

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
5 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in the Dev blog on Medium, they said that 50% of all TX ships in TX do not use premium consumables (ie each ship in game has a 50% chance to be using stock).  Is there a reason for this?

devblog: https://medium.com/@devblogwows/naval-training-center-6ae94ee5b34a

No, totally no reason for this. Why u ask?

Beta Tester
1,171 posts
3,143 battles
19 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Two reasons:

• Some people may legit not have the credits for it, so they probably prioritize premium consumables based on what they need most. A player would use premium heals and DCP, but might opt for normal speedboost, catapult aircraft, DFAA, etc..
  • Some people are just so bad at the game they don't know there's premium consumables (or camouflages, or signal flags, or WASD ...).

From what the dev blog said, 50% of ships don't use premium consumables at all, ie no t2 consumables. 

18 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

- Playerbase not being the brightest.

- Players that are too cheap and try to save money despite playing tier 10.

- Players for some reason thinking it's pay to win.

Pick one or several options, only reason I can think of.

in fairness, they are quite expensive at 50k apiece. 

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts

This is similiar to the hp bonus the cv's got... you're getting the premium consumables as strange comfort buff but think of the credit cost to regrind the lines. Battle service + stock grind + purchase. That's a massive credit drain there - far more than reequipping premium consumables.

Beta Tester
1,171 posts
3,143 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

This is similiar to the hp bonus the cv's got... you're getting the premium consumables as strange comfort buff but think of the credit cost to regrind the lines. Battle service + stock grind + purchase. That's a massive credit drain there - far more than reequipping premium consumables.

I'm not really interested in that change in this thread.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,174 posts
9,390 battles
42 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

From what the dev blog said, 50% of ships don't use premium consumables at all, ie no t2 consumables. 

22.5k. And if you are so low on credits you strip away consumables, well maybe tier 10 is not the tier that player should be playing but instead focusing on getting his economy back on track. Not going full out premium consumables I can sort of understand, like the plane consumables. But not picking atleast premium damage control on a tier 9-10 is beyond me.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,171 posts
3,143 battles
28 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

22.5k. And if you are so low on credits you strip away consumables, well maybe tier 10 is not the tier that player should be playing but instead focusing on getting his economy back on track. Not going full out premium consumables I can sort of understand, like the plane consumables. But not picking atleast premium damage control on a tier 9-10 is beyond me.

i mean even at this amount, need 2 consumables/game, it's 45k per game, actually it makes sense....

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

Could've been just poor wording/translation.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out 50% of the tier X playerbase seemingly doesn't know about premium consumables or refuses to use them for whatever reasons ... but I think It's much more likely that a good part of that 50% figure is caused by people prioritizing which premium consumable they need and which they can do without. Paying 45k credits for premium DCP and heal is easy, but then you've got ships like the Worcester/Grozovoi which come with 5 consumables and suddenly you're paying 112,5k if you want to use all premium consumables and that can get quite expensive over a number of games if you don't run premium account and aren't getting good games basically everytime you click battle.

[NOWH]
Players
715 posts
5,864 battles

the vast majority of players play games for fun.

the economics past t8 take away from that by causing players the need to credit grind. anything that reduces pressure from ingame economy is path of least resistance in such a scenario.

a solution to this is nurf the advantage of premium consumables, and have them function in a novel way that fits a different playstyle rather than just "more powerful and extra charges".

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainOkita said:

And don't forget about the time this will drain. And some consumables are really not needed in the premium variant (like some ships's spotter planes) or when spamming coop.

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles

Not so long ago players had to manually equip the premium consumables because the auto-resupply would default to doubloons.

I, for example became so scared since the first time doubloons were spent by accident that I resupply manually the consumables and sometimes just forget to do so before the next battle. To this day the wording is dubious on the tick box, hence I cannot trust it to not drain my doubloons.

:cap_old:

• Cool 3

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,185 posts
22,634 battles

Guys, it's not only the players. A big part of the answer is WG never made obvious that there is an option to choose premium consumables. (Or any consumables. How many Lo Yangs with speed boost have you seen? Or Clevelands with fighter plane?)

They also never made obvious that you could pay with credits rather than the default doubloons for whatever reason. :Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin:

In general, they like to hide useful tips and settings from new players for some reason. Alt battle interface, ship names on minimap (fixed recently), smoke screen boundaries and timer, etc. are all OFF by default.

• Cool 3

[LEEUW]
Players
2,631 posts
10,280 battles
10 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

i mean even at this amount, need 2 consumables/game, it's 45k per game, actually it makes sense....

Unless you die early and don't get the use out of it you should always take prem consumables. 

[SINT]
Players
983 posts
21,802 battles

So 50% dont use premium consumables. Did WG mention if this included co op?

Since last months we had a lot of grinding missions. Some are better to finish in co op. I noticed a lot more players in the high tiers in coop. In coop i never use premiums since from tier 8 on you lose money. Spending even more is not needed.

• Cool 3

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
13 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Dunno, they cost 22.5k for me:cap_tea:

4 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Clevelands with fighter plane

Last time I've seen Cleve with fighter plane was when she was tier 6... more than year ago. Spotter plane is entirely different matter.

Players
39 posts
12,508 battles
12 hours ago, ollonborre said:

I rarely use prem consumables exept ranked battles.

Bbs don’t need them because you should never be in a position in which you rely on the cooldwon anyway. Also the match isn’t long enough to use all charges of the spotter plane (unless you press the button right at the start of the game), which makes the consumable pointless, considering its main use is to fire into smokescreens.

In cruisers I mainly eat random citadels from long range, so the improved heal is useful to a certain degree.

dds are probably the most in need of prem consumables, but then again, if you’re relying on consumable cooldown to survive you screwed up anyway and should adjust your playstyle.

Overall, it’s git gud or pay, like with everything else in this game.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,283 battles

Isn't it funny that this thread hasn't been closed whereas the threads about the more controversial topic of the dev blog are. They both already have official discussion threads so why is it only the controversial ones closed. Oh I know why. Censorship. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
14 hours ago, ollonborre said:

They can ONLY be picked for credits.

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Unless you die early and don't get the use out of it you should always take prem consumables. 

But then half dies early, so...

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Isn't it funny that this thread hasn't been closed whereas the threads about the more controversial topic of the dev blog are. They both already have official discussion threads so why is it only the controversial ones closed. Oh I know why. Censorship. 

Are you questioning the moderation? What are you doing komrade? Think of your family, you don't want them to be "censored" too, right?

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,662 posts
9 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

but this thread is not about the change, but about why people aren't using premium consumables?

and of course the official discussion thread for this topic is the same as for the naval training center stuff, which is flooded with posts about it (imho not the best idea to have one dev blog post with three very different topics, one of them very controversial...)

• Cool 2

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,174 posts
9,390 battles
44 minutes ago, Blixies said:

They can ONLY be picked for credits.

Oh yeah just realised it. Thought you could still get them for gold and you had to manually select credits (which I did ages ago so I was completely unaware they removed the gold option).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,647 posts
16,705 battles

Hi all,

15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Two reasons:

Even when I started playing (years ago in BETA) and didn't have "Premium Account" I always used the "Premium Consumables"... it was no brainer because the benefits are outweighing any financial Credit cost...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this