You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST, Naval Training Center, free Premium Consumables and improvement of the matchmaker.

1,231 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,670 posts
12,337 battles
11 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Please don't judge us that quickly - yes we wanted to introduce the system as we announced and we heard your feedback. We then went ahead and made a first revised version of this system and announced it basically within 24h after the initial DevBlog post. We're not blind or ignorant to your feedback, I know this is a big ask given the current sentiment here but have some faith in us. We do our best to deliver an outstanding game and while we sometimes make mistakes and live up to them, our goal has always been and will always be to deliver a fun game that is going to be around for a very long time, with you guys on our side.

To be fair though, mate, this isn't judging you quickly, this has grown up over the years as we have seen your response, or rather huge lack thereof, to every bit of our feedback in the past. So much so that we are pretty sure that you have the above paragraph permanently on your clipboard ready to ctrl-v in response to whatever the latest uproar may be. You have shown us time and again that you take no notice so tell me, why would or should we believe you this time?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me 1776 times, yeah - no!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[VV]
Players
76 posts
3,287 battles
1 hour ago, novents said:

Give each T6-10 ship unique missions like suggested by so many people here.

I have another idea for you to monetise existing content. Not directly through sales of doubloons for FXP inferred from your NTC scheme (yes, we see you) which is already making people want to walk away, but though player retention and game longevity, through general game activity including mid tiers, through purchases of premium account to accelerate the grind etc. 

Introduce unique mission chains for historical ships. Do the seasons as you planned. But the season is not focused around forgetting one line chosen randomly, say, USN cruisers. Instead focus the seasons around giving ships unique missions to grind, based around a historical event (WW1 or WW2 naval engagements) or some made up events like the Eagle awakens - US gearing up for war, or the Bear from the East - Soviet DD/cruiser pre-war effort. 

Example of historical battles / events: 

1) Call it “Battle of Jutland” or something epic like “the Rise and Fall of the High Seas Fleet”

Participation: German mid tier pre-dreadnoughts, BBs T3-6, cruisers T4-8, DDs... similarly on RN side. 

Missions: make them as grindy as you like (think Yamamoto/Halsey campaigns) - ribbons, citadel hits, number of detonations, xp/fxp/commander xp/credits earned, etc. 

Rewards:

- standard permanent camos available on T6+ (you don’t even need to produce new designs).

- Maybe do a community competition for unique camo designs like you did with Minsk/Lenin and Blyska - people love those.

- Elite status of ships with free module de-mounts and free commander movement without retraining.

- New currency / tokens that can be used to purchase historically relevant to the event ships from the armory (like Warspite etc) which have been out for so long I can’t imagine they’re selling on their own anymore. 

- new unique commanders (Battle of Jutland: Sir John Jellicoe, Sir David Beatty, Reinhard Scheer, Franz Hipper) obtainable through new currency 

Monetisation: same thing, premium containers, special currency, etc etc. You know this. 

Examle of “made up” events:

- the Eagle awakens or rise of US war machine. Focus on industrial effort that took USN navy from coastal defence ships to ocean going navy (mid tier T4-7 or T5-9). Same as above with tweaks. Rinse and repeat. 

These “seasons” will last you for another decade. You don’t have to pump out new ships or inflate the economy. Get people excited about playing and re-grinding mid tier ships without “selling” or “forgetting” anything. 

Use the breathing space provided while players rinse and reconsume existing content (slightly repackaged) to work on things like UI, AA, quality of life improvements etc. 

Dont give early access to T5-8 ships, give it to T3-5 if you must. Let people grind and enjoy the rest. Prolong the longevity of new content. 

Theres so so much that can be done to increase mid tier popularity (and monetisation) than the NTC. 

Please listen to us. And let us help you. People love this game - look at how much passion there is on the forums. 

@MrConway @Crysantos @Tuccy @Tanatoy

These ideas combined with thematic “historical flavour” YT videos or even collabs with naval historians like Drachinifel can add soooo much flavour to the game. New flavour = people will eat up the same content (existing lines/ships/mid tiers). 

Sincerely,

novents

• Cool 3

[SWTP]
Players
1,025 posts
8,937 battles

WG: We don't want T11 so we are making T11, and also T12 and even T13 as well, but we will call them T10 and hide behind mega grind:cap_fainting:

[KAKE]
Players
1,732 posts
4,104 battles
18 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Please don't judge us that quickly - yes we wanted to introduce the system as we announced and we heard your feedback. We then went ahead and made a first revised version of this system and announced it basically within 24h after the initial DevBlog post.

The problem is that the revised proposal (vague as it is) still isn't acceptable. It's only natural that the negative reaction doesn't abate.

The fundamental idea of giving permanent stat bonuses to ships needs to be taken behind the shed, shot, shot again for good measure, encased in concrete and submerged in the Marianas Trench.

• Cool 3

[BNBS]
Players
386 posts
11 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Please don't judge us that quickly - yes we wanted to introduce the system as we announced and we heard your feedback. We then went ahead and made a first revised version of this system and announced it basically within 24h after the initial DevBlog post. We're not blind or ignorant to your feedback, I know this is a big ask given the current sentiment here but have some faith in us. We do our best to deliver an outstanding game and while we sometimes make mistakes and live up to them, our goal has always been and will always be to deliver a fun game that is going to be around for a very long time, with you guys on our side.

No worries, that was more aimed at some not so nice things said in the past 48h.

No worries, I can differentiate between criticism of a system and a person - always happy to read your input.

1. We always have a certain schedule for things but that doesn't mean things can't get changed if the need arises to. We're flexible and don't shy away from postponing things if necessary.

2. We are a global company - there are many different public holidays, so you'll always run into the issue. But I'm not aware of this having any impact in our reaction since we were very active the past 48h and I'm here on my public holiday talking to you, because I care a lot.

3. Not really but I guess that depends on perspective. We are very transparent and announce in advance - for some things we take the feedback into consideration but are confident that it will work out in the way we expect, e.g. RPF, or for some things we see that this won't work and readjust our plans, e.g. Giulio Cesare. We value feedback very much and include it in our decision making process but we always have a the big picture in mind, which also includes the other 90% of users who don't use our platforms on forums, SM, etc.

5. Maybe, maybe not - but at the end of the day it was my call to focus this feedback in one thread because I wanted to make sure to have everything in one place.

I'll keep you posted about any news on this topic.

Greetings, Crysantos

All WG has to say is that we HAVE HEARD that players OVERWHELMINGLY DO NOT WANT performance buffs/bonuses in the NTC proposals and therefore we are removing that element and will work up alternative proposals that will not involve imbalancing ships or gameplay.  It's really that simple.  By not being able to say that you further give the impression that you will never change that element and therefore people will remain suspicious and angered that they are not being listened to and furthermore our wallets will remain locked to you. 

I will not invest any more money into this game while this issue is still in the air.  Hold a meeting, agree to drop it and then tell everybody you are not going to do it and we can all go back to doing what we enjoy.  Your call Wargaming.

#cancelNTC

• Cool 4

[_AVS_]
Players
144 posts
17,119 battles
12 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

As an aside I have been talking in matches about this proposal and, as I suspected, a huge number of people have/had no idea about it at all. Obviously once they were informed, as you would expect, it was as welcomed as receiving a prostate exam from Negan's beloved "Lucille". I honestly don't believe I have seen so many Fs typed in my life as I saw in the responses I got.

I happen to know of a lovely Urology consultant who would be MORE than happy to "assist" with any "examinations" xxNihilanxx.......... ROTFLMAO (sorry an inside joke as I currently have Prostate issues)

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,670 posts
12,337 battles
3 minutes ago, Sybeck said:

All WG has to say is that we HAVE HEARD that players OVERWHELMINGLY DO NOT WANT performance buffs/bonuses in the NTC proposals and therefore we are removing that element and will work up alternative proposals that will not involve imbalancing ships or gameplay.  It's really that simple.  By not being able to say that you further give the impression that you will never change that element and therefore people will remain suspicious and angered that they are not being listened to and furthermore our wallets will remain locked to you. 

I will not invest any more money into this game while this issue is still in the air.  Hold a meeting, agree to drop it and then tell everybody you are not going to do it and we can all go back to doing what we enjoy.  Your call Wargaming.

#cancelNTC

On that score I'll even make it easy for you @Crysantos since you love your clipboard so much and I know the words don't come easy to you guys -

[Ctrl-C] Sorry, we were wrong. [Ctrl-V]

Edit: Oh bugger, timing made this whole post redundant. Still at least you have it for the future.

Oh and a huge thank you for making me look like a tit here. Under the circumstances I will wear the egg on my face for all to see with joy. Well done guys, well done!

• Cool 2

Players
311 posts
10,281 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

UPDATE

Dear players,

After many discussions and feedback analysis, we decided to change the direction of Naval Training Center development to meet your expectations and resolve your concerns.

The part of NTC connected with resetting and revisiting ship lines will stay, however, the rewards will be fully reworked. The design process for this is not an easy task, so we can not share a lot of details right now. But what we can share is the new general concept:

• We will fully remove direct performance buffs for ships which were originally presented in this system. Your feedback on this was clear, and we don't believe that reducing these buffs further is any good (it will not resolve your concerns, and make the reward not interesting at the same time);
  • We will instead focus on unique, interesting, but non-mandatory content, like new ships. For a start, we confirm that French tier X cruiser Colbert and US tier X battleship Ohio will be the first rewards for NTC. They will be available in the Armory for a special resource earned by revisiting the ship lines during seasons.
  • The new resource earned will take the place between casually accessible coal and much more rare steel, which is mostly locked behind competitive.
  • We will invest our resources in exploring other types of rewards. For example, while we're heavily limited by the game lore itself, we will try to design some new cosmetics to make your ships look cool and show off your achievements. Another option for the future rewards are Legendary upgrades. Introduced in the game long time ago, they offer a trade-off, a change in playstyle of a specific ship instead of a direct buff. In any case, additional rewards will take more time, and we will be happy to hear your new ideas.

We know that the last few days were very heated, and we also know that the reason is that you love the game and care for it. We do, as well, and we're not taking the opposite side here. While we need to introduce more high-end progression to ensure the game will be healthy and evolving for years to come, we want to do it together with you. There is a lot to work on now, but we're sure that in the end, we will get to the good, appealing system which all of us will be able to enjoy.

We will keep you updated, and please expect more news as soon as we make progress in development.

Thank you, and see you soon!

Image result for oh my god meme

• Cool 3

[BIF]
Players
163 posts
3,064 battles

Soooooooo.........we won ? Good job everyone :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
3,641 posts
245 battles

@Crysantos i think this page despite the overwhelming negativity does show you have a playerbase that genuinely cares and some of the ideas offered here by myself and others have been pretty sound so far, i also commend you on sticking by even though its your holiday (shame most people werent as dedicated). 

I think its because some of us started playing not just wows a long time ago and so we basically have expected things like this too happen or crop up.

not too mention the gaming industry as a whole seems to be becoming increasingly distant and predatory. 

Shame we cant get your opinion (i understand due to you having a job) but thats fine.

i genuinely like the game but i cant justify grinding because i have to stay competitive (that and studying games design so im getting increasingly concerned about getting a job in that line of work).

nice to know that combat buffs wont be happening.

now go and enjoy your holiday lol.

cheers.

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,353 posts
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

UPDATE

Dear players,

After many discussions and feedback analysis, we decided to change the direction of Naval Training Center development to meet your expectations and resolve your concerns.

The part of NTC connected with resetting and revisiting ship lines will stay, however, the rewards will be fully reworked. The design process for this is not an easy task, so we can not share a lot of details right now. But what we can share is the new general concept:

• We will fully remove direct performance buffs for ships which were originally presented in this system. Your feedback on this was clear, and we don't believe that reducing these buffs further is any good (it will not resolve your concerns, and make the reward not interesting at the same time);
  • We will instead focus on unique, interesting, but non-mandatory content, like new ships. For a start, we confirm that French tier X cruiser Colbert and US tier X battleship Ohio will be the first rewards for NTC. They will be available in the Armory for a special resource earned by revisiting the ship lines during seasons.
  • The new resource earned will take the place between casually accessible coal and much more rare steel, which is mostly locked behind competitive.
  • We will invest our resources in exploring other types of rewards. For example, while we're heavily limited by the game lore itself, we will try to design some new cosmetics to make your ships look cool and show off your achievements. Another option for the future rewards are Legendary upgrades. Introduced in the game long time ago, they offer a trade-off, a change in playstyle of a specific ship instead of a direct buff. In any case, additional rewards will take more time, and we will be happy to hear your new ideas.

We know that the last few days were very heated, and we also know that the reason is that you love the game and care for it. We do, as well, and we're not taking the opposite side here. While we need to introduce more high-end progression to ensure the game will be healthy and evolving for years to come, we want to do it together with you. There is a lot to work on now, but we're sure that in the end, we will get to the good, appealing system which all of us will be able to enjoy.

We will keep you updated, and please expect more news as soon as we make progress in development.

Not what we hoped for, the re-grind is still an issue, but finally a good step forward.

Thank you for making that decision on a holiday.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
507 posts
16,672 battles

Sehr geehrte Spieler,

Nach vielen Diskussionen und Feedback-Analysen haben wir uns entschieden, die Richtung der Entwicklung des Naval Training Centers zu ändern, um Ihren Erwartungen und Anliegen gerecht zu werden.

Der Teil des NTC, der mit dem Zurücksetzen und Wiederbesuchen von Schiffslinien verbunden ist, bleibt erhalten, jedoch werden die Belohnungen vollständig überarbeitet. Der Designprozess dafür ist keine leichte Aufgabe, so dass wir im Moment nicht viele Details teilen können. Aber was wir teilen können, ist das neue Gesamtkonzept:

Wir werden direkte Leistungsbegrenzer für Schiffe, die ursprünglich in diesem System vorgestellt wurden, vollständig entfernen. Ihr Feedback dazu war klar, und wir glauben nicht, dass es gut ist, diese Stärkungszauber weiter zu reduzieren (es wird Ihre Bedenken nicht lösen und die Belohnung nicht gleichzeitig interessant machen);
    Wir werden uns stattdessen auf einzigartige, interessante, aber nicht obligatorische Inhalte konzentrieren, wie z.B. neue Schiffe. Zunächst einmal bestätigen wir, dass der französische Kreuzer Colbert und das US-Schlachtschiff Ohio die ersten Belohnungen für NTC sein werden. Sie werden im Arsenal für eine spezielle Ressource verfügbar sein, die durch den Wiederbesuch der Schiffslinien während der Saison verdient wird.
    Die neue Ressource, die gewonnen wird, wird den Platz zwischen beiläufig zugänglicher Kohle und viel seltenerem Stahl einnehmen, der meist hinter dem Wettbewerb zurückbleibt.
    Wir werden unsere Ressourcen in die Erforschung anderer Arten von Belohnungen investieren. Während wir zum Beispiel durch die Spielkunde selbst stark eingeschränkt sind, werden wir versuchen, einige neue Kosmetika zu entwerfen, um Ihre Schiffe cool aussehen zu lassen und Ihre Leistungen zu präsentieren. Eine weitere Option für die zukünftigen Belohnungen sind legendäre Upgrades. Sie wurden vor langer Zeit in das Spiel eingeführt und bieten einen Kompromiss, eine Änderung des Spielstils eines bestimmten Schiffes anstelle eines direkten Stärkungszaubers. Auf jeden Fall werden zusätzliche Belohnungen mehr Zeit in Anspruch nehmen, und wir freuen uns über Ihre neuen Ideen.

Wir wissen, dass die letzten Tage sehr heiß waren, und wir wissen auch, dass der Grund dafür darin liegt, dass man das Spiel liebt und sich um es kümmert. Wir tun es auch, und wir nehmen hier nicht die andere Seite. Während wir mehr High-End-Fortschritte einführen müssen, um sicherzustellen, dass das Spiel für die kommenden Jahre gesund und weiterentwickelt wird, wollen wir das gemeinsam mit Ihnen tun. Es gibt jetzt viel zu tun, aber wir sind sicher, dass wir am Ende zu dem guten, ansprechenden System kommen werden, das wir alle genießen können.

Wir werden Sie auf dem Laufenden halten und erwarten weitere Neuigkeiten, sobald wir Fortschritte in der Entwicklung machen.

Danke, und bis bald!

Players
43 posts
4,860 battles
3 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

UPDATE

Dear players,

Thank you for this update and along those lines i have a question if you could answer.

At the moment we have the Science of Victory, Honorable service, Isoruku Yamamoto and the Hit had Hit fast campaigns.

since from what it seems you want more players in mid teirs would it not be possible to make two or three more of these that are for T4-T8 ships this would increase players in the mid teirs and if you offered interesting rewards for them such as maybe low and mid teir Premiums it should be possible for players to want to do them. 

Also this from what i know should theoretically not be too hard to create so that it would not take too much Dev time from other important topics.

• Cool 2

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

What new demographic?

The kind of people who are really super in to online games but as a lifestyle choice rather than whatever reasons other people are here. I'm sure you found me quite insufferable during our interactions at our old clan, these people are basically me but less self aware. I'm sure you'll be having bags of fun with them on the forums until you realise that they just don't stop.

I'll quote myself from a locked thread to give you an idea of how I think it will go down.

As far as I can see it's nothing more than a mechanism to get vulnerable people to spend even more of their free time here, reducing the number of players but increasing the game frequency of the remaining players. WG seem to have abandoned the principles of trying to make a game if they ever had them to start with, now they're trying to make a life sink. If your game isn't good enough to attract and retain people naturally, gripping on to what you have tighter and tighter will just result in a slower death. In terms of gameplay I think we'll see an increase in the number of people who are really super in to the game but in a bad way playing the game while the more take it or leave it group find something else to do with their time. The problem for WG is that games that are essentially life sinks exist, and they're usually much better than or more rewarding than WoWS. WoWS strikes a weird but up until now manageable balance between hardcore and casual that is rare to see. As time goes by expect them to move to more life sink-y game models as they realise the various battle royale format isn't enough to make a life sink game.

You first have to accept that the NTC is simply a stepping stone to a larger set of sweeping changes that will change the target audience. If you see the NTC in isolation it looks completely innocent, like a misguided attempt to add longevity to the game. I assure you it is not. It is the home decor equivalent of sugar soaping the walls before you start painting. It's the base layer, the primer, the lead in to a massive series of changes that will completely alienate everyone currently playing in favour of a new kind of player who won't complain as long as they have lots of niche mechanics to argue over, proving their superior game knowledge to their peers by being able to rattle off lesser known and relatively irrelevant game values, players who won't complain as long as they get to megapwn n00bz because they've spent 12 hours a day pressing battle for a decade, players who can't complain because WoWS is literally their life and they have nothing else.

Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't matter, I've already uninstalled, the idea that a WG employee tried to get away with telling us we wanted the opposite of what we wanted is astounding to me. There are very few things I refuse to tolerate but this is one of them.

Adios Nihilan, and thanks for being a top bloke, answering my questions and helping me improve.

• Cool 1

Players
459 posts
8,638 battles

Hooray, now the fighting with words has been won we can all get back to fighting with Warships.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
450 posts
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

UPDATE

Dear players,

I'm glad you decided not to push away from the game a number of veterans, me included. Thank you.

• Cool 4

Players
3,641 posts
245 battles

Ok so we just need to convince them to also lower the grind or change to that prestige system and it should be all good.

maybe regrind for premium tier 10 ships? And other things like cosmetics and bonuses we just trade in ship exp and maybe credits?

@Crysantos @MrConway would the above be good solutions at all? Maybe to have the best of both worlds?

• Cool 1

Players
7,345 posts
9,154 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Just thought I'd log in to see if WG had come to their senses yet - nope.

Not only that, I see they announced this idiocy immediately before a bank holiday, so allowing the fire to burn out of control for an extra day; the reputational damage they are doing to themselves (especially given the arrogant 'we know best' vibe given in the stream etc.) is astounding...

Well, WG have quite an experience in damage control... wondering why. And whether their damage control attempts are successful is another matter

1 hour ago, VIadoCro said:

A survey to this topic, made by the CC "Flambass"

And here the link to the survey directly:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf02XrdSv6wjlsdxqnkpUV0FNIfoC1Jw2mW_t-kEEEVwN1xw/viewform

And how exactly Flamu's CV poll influenced WG in their balans decisions?:cap_tea:

[KAKE]
Players
1,732 posts
4,104 battles
10 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

I am genuinely perfectly fine with this.

• Cool 1

[BNBS]
Players
386 posts
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

UPDATE

Dear players,

@Crysantos I asked for you to do this in the post immediately preceding yours so I'm going to revel in the conceit that you listened to me  :Smile_trollface:

On a serious note though well done for seeing sense on this one and eventually responding to your customers.  In the future please keep all vodka driven "concepts" in the playroom till the adults have properly looked at them.  But again, well done in the end.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3