You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST, Naval Training Center, free Premium Consumables and improvement of the matchmaker.

1,231 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,253 posts
3,595 battles

In this post we bring you three pieces of major news:

1.A new system of ship upgrades: Naval Training Center;

2.Rework of Consumables: Premium consumables become Free;

3.Matchmaker improvements: Breaking matchmaker streaks.

1.Naval Training Center

It is no secret that the framework of our game is based on the progress from tier to tier and reaching the top of the branch - the tier X ship. At the same time, events such as "snowflakes" for the New Year showed that veteran players are interested in playing different ships of different tiers, however, the game does not sufficiently encourage it.

We are glad to present to you a new part of the game - Naval Training Center. Now you can strengthen the ship from tier VI+ (absolutely any - premium, ARP, obtained for coal or acquired for free experience).  Improvements are sequential, not selective. This means you first have to apply a level 1 upgrade to a ship before you can apply level 2 etc

However this requires a special resource that can be only be obtained by "resetting progress" of a fully researched branch of the nation and experiencing it again from tier I. In a special window, with one click, you can sell all the ships of the branch according to the standard rules and cancel their research. Upgrades, signals, flags, camouflage will be removed/demounted and sent to the Inventory, commanders retain specialization and sent to the Reserve, and the experience gained on the ships will be transferred to the ship tier I. You can activate 'Naval Training Center' if you have at least two researchable tier X ships.

WG_WoWS_SPb__Screen_1920x1080px_10.jpg

Through 're-researching', buying and winning the first battle in ships of a chosen branch, you will receive a new special resource that can be used to improve the ship of tier VI - X. Part of the resources will be tied to the nation and it can be used to improve the ships in it, and the other - to work on the principle of free experience and it can be spent on any ships, even those that do not have a branch of the researchable ships.

In one season, you can reset progress in a limited number of branches with an additional restriction on the nation. The season itself lasts for a few months. To achieve 3 levels of improvements/bonuses for one ship, a player will be required to participate in several seasons and the passing of the branches within the nation multiple times.

WG_WoWS_SPb__Screen_1920x1080px_21.jpg

Let's look at an example in which you want to earn the first level of bonuses for your favorite ship. The numbers in this example are conditional.

• Let's say you chose a Minotaur cruiser. 
  • To obtain the first level requires 10 units of resources for the British nation.
  • You reset your progress in any (fully researched) British branch, for example, destroyers.
  • You 're-explore' it again, from Black Swan to Daring, and on the way earn 12 units of resources for the British nation and 2 units of "free" resources.
  • You spend 10 units of resources for the British nation to unlock the level 1 upgrade on Minotaur. To improve Minotaur to level 2, you should have 20 units of these resources.

WG_WoWS_SPb_Paragon_Screen_1920x1080px_19.jpg

Alternatively, you may choose to spend the earned special resource to apply another Level 1 bonus to your as yet unimproved Tier VII RN Premium Ship 'Duke Of York'.

The choice is yours.

Please note; You CANNOT spend resources earned on one particular nation (in this example RN/UK ships) on other nations. But you WILL gain universal resources similar to Free EXP that can be spent on other nations.

If you do not have time to research an entire branch in one season, don't worry, your progress will be saved. To re-pass the branch, you will follow the same standard rules as the first time. As if it had just been released.

In clan competitive modes, the possible levels of bonus/improvement that can be used in combat will be limited. Levels that exceed this limit will be inactive and not applied in competitive battles.

Improvements and bonuses to aircraft carriers through the Naval Training Center will NOT be possible upon its introduction. Due to recent air defense changes, more time is needed to determine the optimal potential improvements for this class.

2.Rework of Consumables

Two risks of the new system are an increased economic burden on users and an increase in the gap in combat effectiveness. In this regard, we are pleased to announce that we are making Premium Consumables free. Standard (non-premium) ones will be removed from the game. This will significantly reduce deduction of credits after each battle, and make the game much more comfortable for those who can not afford to constantly use Premium Consumables. Note that presently, if we take tier X battles as an example, more than 50% of games there are played without premium consumables mounted.

3.Matchmaker improvements

In other news - the long-awaited improvements of the matchmaker are on their way. According to the current plan, they will be carried out in two stages.

The first stage - strict restrictions placed on getting into battles at a certain tier. The matchmaker will remember the percentage of entries to battles of tiers +0, + 1 and + 2 for each player at each tier. After a small "calibration", which will take up to 20 battles, MM will begin to ensure that these percentages do not exceed the established norm. Of course, this is primarily aimed at the problem of being "bottom tier" too frequently, especially when playing at tier VIII. For example, at the start it is planned to set a limit of 40% for fights with ships +2 tiers higher for tier VIII. This means that soon after the update, and having played around 20 battles, each player will stop encountering Tier Xs when in their Tier VIIIs in more than 40% of Battles.

Another benefit of the change - a reliable interruption of a 'bottom tier streak', because the matchmaker will analyze the last 20 battles the player has played each time they enter the queue. It means that, after calibration, a long series of battles as bottom tier, which quite often affects players, will become impossible within one tier of the selected ship. From 20 battles at tier VIII there will be no more than 8 battles against tens.

The second phase of improvements, which will be followed by a later adjustment of the distribution of the tier of ships in a single battle. One unpleasant situation - is to be the only player on a tier VIII ship in a tier X battle. If the battle has accumulated a sufficient number of eights and nines, the player has more opportunity for effective play. When this improvement is implemented, the matchmaker will have restrictions and rules on the tiers of ships selected to battle. For example, for tier X battles it could be something like "at least 4 eights and a maximum of 5 tens per team".

You need to understand that these are important and helpful improvements that will increase the number of "mono tier" battles. We would not like to allow an overabundance of such battles, so at first we will carefully approach the new settings.

We understand that after the announcement you will have questions that we will try to answer in the near future: soon we will publish a list of the most popular questions with answers to them, and this Thursday at 18:00 CEST we will conduct a stream, where we will talk in more detail about these innovations!

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Edit: Our answer to your first feedback

Edit 2: The values have been removed, as they will be reworked. Thanks for your understanding. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 186
  • Angry 56

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
164 posts
6,244 battles

- premium consumables as standard - good idea.

- changing MM. needs to be seen but it can't get much worse than it's current state.

the naval academy thing is a mindboggingly bad idea and i can't believe that WG is contemplating such a mechanic (i mean, we all know why but...).

• Cool 23

[FAILS]
Players
467 posts
18,442 battles

Premium consumables as standard - why not

Matchmaking - good change

Training Center - no

• Cool 21

Modder
290 posts
10,573 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Note that presently, if we take tier X battles as an example, more than 50% of games there are played without premium consumables mounted.

I am... shocked...

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts

This is gonna make this game worse than the mobile version of wows that doesn't let you add heinous bonuses in p2w schemes like alot of mobile games.

• Cool 14

[KAKE]
Players
2,425 posts
5,568 battles

To quote myself from another thread regarding the re-grinding mechanic:

Erm, yeah, this sounds like a bad idea.

I know WG are in a bit of a rut when it comes to what to give the player who has everything, but an even greater advantage over everyone else is not the ideal gift idea.

I already get :etc_swear:ed hard enough by old-timers with higher skill captains and/or OP premiums that are no longer available. There's only so much of a pounding I can take before it gets too much.

• Cool 19

[POP]
Beta Tester
184 posts
8,798 battles

I just hope getting this to live server takes longer than 230 something premium days that I have left, because if this Naval Training Center nonsense goes live in any shape or form, it's adios for me.

• Cool 22

Beta Tester
1,889 posts
12,724 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

To quote myself from another thread regarding the re-grinding mechanic:

Erm, yeah, this sounds like a bad idea.

I know WG are in a bit of a rut when it comes to what to give the player who has everything, but an even greater advantage over everyone else is not the ideal gift idea.

I already get :etc_swear:ed hard enough by old-timers with higher skill captains and/or OP premiums that are no longer available. There's only so much of a pounding I can take before it gets too much.

I fully sympathise and in the spirit of friendship I have the ideal gift for you.

Spoiler

Lube.jpg.c28dae84b05e0f33751978c8ce1d48a4.jpg

• Funny 3

Players
928 posts
10,756 battles

The training center is a bad idea. 
i am good in my fletcher and have 800k XP on it. Dont challenge me to become absolutely godlike OP in it. 

However, allow me to use this training center thing to express my grave concerns about the Aircraft Carrier class. 

You guys are nerfing them deadass into the ground, and yet here in such an idea you don't even make mention of the entire class. What is this? Are you planning on removing CVs from the game after all? 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts

I mean if we got tier 12 missile boats from the cold war that would be epic? but this is just comical.

1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

I understand completely.

WG wants to keep non T10 tiers populated, because they are already decreasing in population. If they don't start thinking in this direction most player will keep T10 ships and premium s. How will I play my Kamikaze in lets say 2 years from now? Against bots?

BUT... this requires a lot of thinking.

The rewards must not make a big edge over other lower level players. The reward imo should be steel or any other resource one can spend in the armoury.

If not... the MM will break even more... and majority of players will just quit the game.

Ichase already gave one example of lvl1 upgrade giving you 15% hp bonus , 10% dispersion bonus among a few others.

[SM0KE]
Players
4,902 posts
11,961 battles

So, it appears that WOWS may be about to have its 'Rubicon moment'?

Training Centre is spectacularly ill thought-out: if you're going to provide something for the old lags, it shouldn't be something to make their ships even better - Sure, I would love to have a couple of buffed T10s, but there is no way it's healthy for the game...

• Cool 17

[KAKE]
Players
2,425 posts
5,568 battles
17 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Why can't you just, dunno, slap 20% extra credits ontop, or extra free exp or an option to swap out commanders like on premiums for free?

I suspect part of the reason why they don't do that is because the players they're targeting with this already have all the credits, free exp and elite commander exp that they could ever want.

Not giving players a short cut to the T8 ship of new lines would probably be a better place to start regarding giving people something to do, though.

• Cool 6

Players
333 posts
14,345 battles

they could have just just done it like - re grind 3 lines => a missouri regrind 6 lines have another removed ship........... not this bullcrap

• Cool 5

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
Just now, Uglesett said:

I suspect part of the reason why they don't do that is because they players they're targeting with this already have all the credits, free exp and elite commander exp that they could ever want.

Not giving players a short cut to the T8 ship of new lines would probably be a better place to start regarding giving people something to do, though.

With very vocal opposition to any gameplay additions the only thing left is basically flat linear upgrades.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,498 battles

Haha, I was waiting for more details before actually reacting, but seriously?

Work in progress or not, do the devs not understand the ridiculous rift that a +15% hp buff, -10% dispersion ellipse size, +1 consumables AND +40% DCP duration does?

That's almost an entire bump in tier. Seriously, compare an NC with all those buffs with an Iowa.
All that's missing is some speed and a bit extra AA dakka.

Ridiculous.

Now stack that on top of legendary modules...
Yeah.

So, where's a download link to the Chinese server?

• Cool 15

[NMA]
Players
1,037 posts
17,300 battles

This is beyond retarded, I have no words.

So all my time and effort in grinding all the tier 10 lines was for nothing? I have to do it again? Multiple times?

And what about new players? They gonna get clubbed so hard. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

• Cool 13

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

Work in progress or not, do the devs not understand the ridiculous rift that a +15% hp buff, -10% dispersion ellipse size, +1 consumables AND +40% DCP duration does?

That's almost an entire bump in tier. Seriously, compare an NC with all those buffs with an Iowa.

Ridiculous.

Yeah.

If you have a tablet/semi-potato phone WoWS blitz doesn't seem so bad. The grind is slower but you get manual secondaries and it's not a big deal to be in a stock ship. (RTS CV's with lowered alpha and no strafes)

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,355 posts
5,728 battles

Guys, i think this is it, i think this is where we need to summon jim sterling for a jimquisition.

Anything and everything must be done to ensure that this system never sees the light of day.

• Cool 19

Players
333 posts
14,345 battles
4 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Ridiculous.

Yeah.

WT sounds amazing right now

• Cool 9