Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST: Inertia Fuse for HE shells and plating changes

111 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,756 posts
4,031 battles

There will be a closed testing of changes to the Inertia Fuse for HE shells. Please note, that this is a test of a concept that will not necessarily be included into the game.

• Plating of the central part for tier VI - VII cruisers is brought to the value of 25 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with a caliber up to 357 mm. If existing plating or armor belt is thicker than 25mm, it won't be changed;
  • Plating of central part for tiers VIII - IX cruisers is brought to the value of 27 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with a caliber up to 386 mm. But battleships will still be able to penetrate ships' bow and aft ends, because only the plating of the central part is changed. If the existing plating or armor belt was thicker, it won't be changed;
  • Plating of central part for tier X cruisers is brought to the value of 30 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with caliber up to 429 mm. Armor belts thicker than 30 mm will not be changed;
  • Plating of bow and aft ends of cruisers with a caliber of main guns lower than 200 mm is made thinner than before: 13 mm for tiers VI - VII, 16 mm for tiers VIII - X;
  • For tiers VIII - X cruisers with 152 - 155 mm main caliber guns, the penetration of HE shells is brought to the value of 1/5 of the caliber. This will allow them to penetrate same tier cruisers;
  • Now, HE shells of most ships penetrate the armor, thinner than 1\6 of the caliber. This rule is changed from "lower" to "equal or lower". Thus 152 mm shells will penetrate 25 mm plating;
  • Plating of tiers VI - VII battleships is brought to the value of 26 mm. This will keep interactions within the class, and between classes, intact considering changes to the HE shells penetration: 152 mm with penetration of 1/6 of the caliber won't penetrate the new plating of 26 mm;
  • Inertial Fuse for HE shells skill is increasing the penetration of HE shells by 20% and lowers the probability of causing fire by 50%. 

Changes to plating will make tiers VI - IX cruisers a bit more resistant to the battleships fire when angled properly and will encourage good positioning, similarly to tier X cruisers.

Changes of HE penetration will allow us to unify the interaction of classes: cruisers will always penetrate same tier cruisers with HE shells even without Inertia Fuse. Using this skill on cruisers with 150-155 mm guns will be able to penetrate same tier battleships.

WG_WoWS_SPB_Infographic_Infographic_IFHE_EN_1200x660.jpg

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,756 posts
4,031 battles
26 minutes ago, Yuudachi_Kai_II said:

Should be tier 8 to 10?

2064095146_2019-07-03171452.thumb.png.0dd6db94850e7248310c05355b647616.png

Hi,

Indeed it's a mistake, corrected in the text but not in the image. It should be corrected really soon. Thanks! 

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Are there any buffs for ships like Hipper and Roon planned? You know, ships where the entire point was their 27 mm armour, which now becomes much less of an advantage when a Cleveland or Mogami can tank the same as long as it doesn't hit the bow or stern?

• Cool 7

Players
1,101 posts
11,830 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

There will be a closed testing of changes to the Inertia Fuse for HE shells. Please note, that this is a test of a concept that will not necessarily be included into the game.

Lets be realistic here.

You can not do it. For a very simple reason, you are trying do over-extend with monster amount of changes. With balancing department, who is not even remotly up-do-task for mutch lesser tasks.

Rather than pushing-forward with another set of massive changes. Fix problems that are allready there

• Cool 11

[4_0_4]
Players
7,758 posts
14,263 battles

Again: The problem was that the CLs with IFHE could mop the floor with CAs with their higher DPM (Especially mid-tier)

This changes nothing. CLs will still out-dpm most CAs, some BBs even become immun against HE.

The IFHE change doens't even change the matter with IJN IFHE 100mm guns melting cruisers (BBs will be save after this change. Of course they're)

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,250 battles
13 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I'll have to poke ships with Atlanta and see what sticks just like before..? :cap_rambo:

I'm gonna try same thing with my helena!

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,592 battles

This is a major nerf to destroyers, because any ship with a gun calibre of less than 149 mm is unable to penetrate 25 mm plating when firing HE without the IFHE skill.

Ships with a gun calibre smaller than 126 mm and 1/6 pen can't penetrate 27mm even with IFHE, so that's all RN DDs, Blyskawica,  and the new Friesland,  properly shafted. (And I'm assuming that IFHE for guns below 139mm remains at x 1.3 pen bonus rather than the x 1.2 above or all high-tier destroyers other than the French are banjaxed too, as the minimum calibre capable of penetrating 27mm with IFHE  under those rules is 135mm).

It's also a major buff to CLs - for ships like the Helena or Atlanta, the plating changes mean they'll have an armour belt running from A to Y turret which is now immune to all destroyer HE shells other than the 150mm guns found on German destroyers or those with IFHE. So will Fiji, Neptune and Minotaur. This was something previously reserved for poor old Heavy Cruisers like MyokoYorck and Hipper which seem to have been power crept again.

• Cool 2

[OM-S]
Beta Tester
1,272 posts
24,699 battles

1) dumbing down the whole HE mechanic, so that even the dumbest idiot pleb can make his guaranteed damage even on former well preotected ships -> fail

2) forgetting all AP balancing impact of new armour schemes...... -> fail

well done WG

you manage to [edited]things up on another level recently!

very effective!

• Cool 14

[CATS]
Players
28,085 posts
14,885 battles

Before looking at global changes:

• Look at individual ships
  • if they are too strong, tone down the offensive power
  • If they are too weak, give them more offensive power or slightly better plating, you can also try the HP rearranging trick you use to make french DD more survivable without giving them more HP

[OGHF]
Players
1,211 posts
21,870 battles
9 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I'll have to poke ships with Atlanta and see what sticks just like before..? :cap_rambo:

Don't forget the Flint as well :cap_rambo:

[SHAD]
Players
2,913 posts
12,610 battles

If this goes live the Atlanta won't be able to pen same tier battleships with IFHE

Harugumo won't be able to pen T8+ battleships

I do like the way it is now a choice between fire and pen but perhaps that change could be done on its own?

Players
7,228 posts
245 battles
45 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

This is madness. All what is WG doing right now. It's actually funny :Smile_teethhappy:

wargaming:

Spoiler

anime-girl-confused-png.png.34eaf82e37fda9dbdcfaac25024e4e2b.png

Forum posters:

Spoiler

2126637837_catgod.jpg.bc8256b75bf4b005322ab6833930d14a.jpg

Mods:

Spoiler

1604902012_putinpopcorn.jpg.88a9e3e281f6acc51fa2a6497a8197e3.jpg

CM's:

Spoiler

facepalm.thumb.png.bc70be42643f73766a815328d527f8e4.png

Bystanders:

Spoiler

risitas.jpg.ac479cfd5920542cb5b91b4efda3532b.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[DINE]
Players
442 posts
21,565 battles

Why do you start fumbling with something that works okay?
currently Henri IV with ifhe has a penetration of 51mm then he will have about 64mm !!! And the tomatoes are bleating ...
Add NEW MAPS to the game ... You start doing what the WOT team did every 3 years ago, and since then I have not played in WOT ...
1 \ 5 but you are sick of exceptions, do what you need, and not what in the heat of your head will shoot: D

And if you see how much "additional content" I bought in the premium store, I do not know if you want to lose such players. In WOT, I gave up after 25k battles, I will not have a problem with this after 15k, as the changes in the game will be too much to interfere with what I already have in it ...

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,719 posts
24,069 battles
Před 1 hodinou vito74m řekl/a:

Why....

I'm asking for almost four years and before wows i was asking on WoT too. It's same question like "Why we are here?", "Is there a God?" etc.

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles

Wait.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Are you going to give the MINOTAUR 30 mm midplate?

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
47 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Wait.

If these changes would be applied to RN cruisers, that'd be insane. I would think they won't but given what we heard so far, it cannot be ruled out. If these are armour buffs to RN cruisers, I really might just regrind RN cruisers with accumulated free exp to get 8.8 km torp Leander, which will be the uncontested best T6 CL in the game. Then quit, because f*** this.

Players
7,228 posts
245 battles
26 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

If these changes would be applied to RN cruisers, that'd be insane. I would think they won't but given what we heard so far, it cannot be ruled out. If these are armour buffs to RN cruisers, I really might just regrind RN cruisers with accumulated free exp to get 8.8 km torp Leander, which will be the uncontested best T6 CL in the game. Then quit, because f*** this.

Is that with all those buffs coming in that naval thing?

I heard the leander if gotten into rank 3 would make most DD's irrelevant (especially the gaede) at that tier.

And i thought armoured warfare bad lol.

• Bad 1

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,739 battles
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

Wait.

Yes, this change would affect the RN CLs like that.

5 hours ago, gopher31 said:

If this goes live the Atlanta won't be able to pen same tier battleships with IFHE

Harugumo won't be able to pen T8+ battleships

In the current concept it would work like this, but please keep in mind that this is still in testing stage.

Greetings, Crysantos

Sign in to follow this