You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

ST: Priority air defense sector

56 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,790 posts
4,046 battles

The mechanics and visual components of the priority air defense sector, as we promised earlier, will be updated.

The purpose of the changes - in accordance with the wishes of the community to make the effectiveness of air defense more dependent on the actions of the player, the use of the priority sector has become more convenient and understandable.

The boost to AA defense is now activated in a much more convenient way: you need to point the camera in the desired direction and activate it by pressing the button. At the same time, as before, the efficiency of the other sector will be reduced.

Immediately after activation, the defending player receives an instant result, a burst of damage is immediately inflicted on the attacking wave caught in AA range by way of a percentage reduction of the current hit points of the attacking squadron. If there are no enemy aircraft in the air defense area at the time of activation, no damage will be done.

shot-19.07.03_13.34.12-0798.jpg

Then begins a phase of gradual strengthening of the sector, which lasts a few seconds. During this time, the sector increases its efficiency, and then works at full capacity for a time. After that, the strengthening of the sector is deactivated. To re-activate, it is necessary to wait for it to recharge, during which AA efficiency returns to standard values. The gain, duration, and cooldown options depend upon the ship. 

Strengthening an AA sector affects only the permanent constant damage values and does not affect the damage caused by explosions.

кукла_3.jpg

Together with the priority sector, the skill Manual Fire control of AA Armament has also been re-designed. Now, it will increase the instant damage inflicted, increase the cooldown duration of the priority sector. It will also completely remove the effects applied to constant damage (both the gradual 'buff' period to the priority sector AND the debuff to the non-prioirty sector side). This will allow ships with weak air defenses to deal a significant 'burst' of damage to enemy aircraft at the moment of activation, but will not increase their ability to deal higher amounts of constant, permanent damage.

Undoubtedly, this change will affect the interaction of aircraft with ships and will require additional balance changes. We will closely monitor the new priority sector system and make adjustments as deemed necessary.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Players
1,114 posts
12,622 battles

Here we have it. After update 0.8.5, which doubled if not tripled AA effectiveness, well now get this. 

CVs will officially be useless with this update, since adjustments wont be made. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
280 posts
6,940 battles

will need to see how that plays out ingame. looks better than 180° sectors though. one issue im seeing here is that it might be too much at once for some players (angling ship against enemy ships, getting your guns on target and looking at incoming planes - that's some multitasking)

• Cool 2

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles
10 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Here we have it. After update 0.8.5, which doubled if not tripled AA effectiveness, well now get this. 

CVs will officially be useless with this update, since adjustments wont be made. 

We'll make changes where needed and adjust the values, we don't want to ruin CVs. This is intended to make the system more intuitive and more player dependent. We'll do our very best to keep a good balance between AA and combat efficiency of CVs.

3 minutes ago, Zieten said:

will need to see how that plays out ingame. looks better than 180° sectors though. one issue im seeing here is that it might be too much at once for some players (angling ship against enemy ships, getting your guns on target and looking at incoming planes - that's some multitasking)

We understand that concern - but it will be easier to use than the current system, which should help with managing all these different aspects at the same time.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

It's less clunky and more intuitive to use, so I applaud that. 

Still that sectors-thing is rather bonkers in terms of concept to begin with.

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
4 minutes ago, Zieten said:

one issue im seeing here is that it might be too much at once for some players (angling ship against enemy ships, getting your guns on target and looking at incoming planes - that's some multitasking)

Hey some are even overstrained with not broadsiding the whole time. You can't cater to everyone.

If the effect is that I can better defend myself with skill and awareness, I welcome that.

• Cool 4

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
280 posts
6,940 battles
Just now, Donar79 said:

Hey some are even overstrained with not broadsiding the whole time. You can't cater to everyone.

If the effect is that I can better defend myself with skill and awareness, I welcome that.

yeah, on the other hand they don't think CV players can fly planes and steer their carrier at the same time or even use consumables...it's not really consistent, is it?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
2 minutes ago, Zieten said:

yeah, on the other hand they don't think CV players can fly planes and steer their carrier at the same time or even use consumables...it's not really consistent, is it?

Consistency?

giphy.gif

Players
1,114 posts
12,622 battles
17 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We'll make changes where needed and adjust the values, we don't want to ruin CVs. This is intended to make the system more intuitive and more player dependent. We'll do our very best to keep a good balance between AA and combat efficiency of CVs.

We understand that concern - but it will be easier to use than the current system, which should help with managing all these different aspects at the same time.

Greetings, Crysantos

Well, i am happy to hear there is one person in WG that still cares about CVs. 
meanwhile, somewhere else in your development the staff seems to have forgotten that WoWS even has a fourth class: 

Spoiler

Please note that the values below may change based on test results!

Battleships

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus +15% to hit points

-10% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to secondary armament firing range

+10% to secondary armament accuracy

-10% to reload time of all consumables

+40% to action time of Damage Control Party

+1 charge of all consumables

Cruisers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Consumable
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-20% to rudder shift time

-15% to size of the dispersion ellipse

+10% to torpedo range

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

-15% to reload time of consumables

+1 charge of all consumables

Destroyers

Level 1 2 3
Name Survivability Main and Auxiliary Armaments Main Armaments
Bonus

+10% to hit points

-10% to reload time of consumables

-20% to rudder shift time

-50% to the steering gears repair time

-50% to engine repair time

-10% to reload time torpedo tubes

-10% to reload time main battery

+10% to maximum damage of torpedo

+2% to chance of causing a fire

In one season, you can reset progress in a limited number of branches with an additional restriction on the nation. The season itself lasts for a few months. To achieve 3 levels of improvements/bonuses for one ship, a player will be required to participate in several seasons and the passing of the branches within the nation multiple times.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,707 battles

To be honest, I can't really see how the disadvantages to Manual AA are outweighed by the advantages unless the burst damage is stupidly high.

Also, the change of constant AA to target a single plane seems a bit pointless if this goes through. If you were already working on this, I don't see why you slap them with the increased lethality first. 

You'll end up having to completely rework pretty much all plane health values and/or AA damage values to get anything even remotely resembling balance.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

To be honest, I can't really see how the disadvantages to Manual AA are outweighed by the advantages unless the burst damage is stupidly high.

Unless burst damage is stupendous, it's 4 points down the drain, just like AFT.

I really don't like the way the skill got redesigned. I'm happy to have a more intuitive ability to set my sector and the burst might be ok for ships with utter garbage AA, but in the end, that's really not helping the case, because CVs will get worked to be usable despite losing 1-2 planes to everything that uses its burst, making that change meaningless. I would've preferred if the sector was made a more useful mechanic in that correct sector setting makes an incredible difference and people who use it properly can defend themselves while potatoes just die. But I cannot really understand how this system is any good.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

How am I supposed to imagine that?

I shout at my AA crews really really loudly.

They go AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Then they slowly come to their senses and gradually understand what I wanted, and carry out the "order"

or what? :Smile_teethhappy:

On a more serious note, dont see a glaring flaw with this concept at first glance - will see how it works in progress before deciding whether I like it or not :Smile_Default:

• Funny 2

Players
1,101 posts
11,830 battles
16 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Premium CV refund options when?

Why?

This change will not increase AA strenght. It will increase requirement for user input. But will not increase the AA in general. Infact it will reduce effect of AA support for other ships.

• Cool 2

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
7 minutes ago, mariouus said:

Why?

This change will not increase AA strenght. It will increase requirement for user input. But will not increase the AA in general. Infact it will reduce effect of AA support for other ships.

I don't trust them, they will make a way to reduce the CV playability further. I don't blame them, who you gonna listen, minority playing CVs or majority playing surface ships? Of course the majority, that's how democracy works :P

I think I might meddle with data and statistics collection of CVs and AA on live server by just flying my planes into enemy AA, getting them destroyed without actually doing damage....(oh wait....that's what I do anyway....yea, scratch that...)

I meant without trying to do damage, because why bother even, easier to go forward and invest in secondaries than in planes...do more dmg anyway......

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Also, the change of constant AA to target a single plane seems a bit pointless if this goes through. If you were already working on this, I don't see why you slap them with the increased lethality first. 

You'll end up having to completely rework pretty much all plane health values and/or AA damage values to get anything even remotely resembling balance.

We'll test this aspect of advantage / disadvantage and adjust numbers where needed.

17 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

I don't trust them, they will make a way to reduce the CV playability further. I don't blame them, who you gonna listen, minority playing CVs or majority playing surface ships? Of course the majority, that's how democracy works :P

I think I might meddle with data and statistics collection of CVs and AA on live server by just flying my planes into enemy AA, getting them destroyed without actually doing damage....(oh wait....that's what I do anyway....yea, scratch that...)

I meant without trying to do damage, because why bother even, easier to go forward and invest in secondaries than in planes...do more dmg anyway......

We want CVs to have a meaningful role within our game and we are still tweaking this aspect, so that we reach a point where both AA and CVs are in a good balance.

Greetings, Crysantos

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
4 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We want CVs to have a meaningful role within our game and we are still tweaking this aspect, so that we reach a point where both AA and CVs are in a good balance.

Greetings, Crysantos

If you say so.

Please, please, i'm begging to all of you. Don't ruin this game for me, like WoT got ruined.

I spent, a LOT of money on WoT and it got destroyed so much that I uninstalled it and never plan to return there.....never....

Removing premium consumables/making premium consumables only ones and free is the step in the right direction towards F2P players and community in general, making the skill more relevant than equipment and consumables one uses.

• Cool 2

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

Like adding another 50 hp or a 5 knot speed increase?

There's only so many times you can say stuff like that and expect people to have faith in it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,267 posts
14,125 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

Good ballance like, I can defend myself, or like I can farm him? Because you know, you can't have a cake and eat a cake at the same time. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
46 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Good ballance like, I can defend myself, or like I can farm him? Because you know, you can't have a cake and eat a cake at the same time. 

You mean???

Spoiler

d1b282c-5c37e189-e7fa-488c-8b74-4c1c6ac51aa7.thumb.jpg.d3b17e20b20d763483717d557ae33df0.jpg

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,495 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

You mean, as in totally removing the usefulness of the heal for the torpedo bombers?

(except for potatoes who fly in flak I guess, can't have skillgaps in this game)

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,245 posts
7,169 battles

I think the change is generally a step in the right direction. Finally there is some sort of interaction even if it is only one button. But you have to start somewhere.

On the other hand: CVs got hit pretty hard by 0.8.5

The long range DPS buff in 0.8.6 next and then dmage spike on button pressed soon after. 

CVs will need triple the HP on their planes

(or at least another 80 HP :Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
934 posts
17,361 battles
4 hours ago, Crysantos said:

We want CVs to have a meaningful role

Please specify "meaningful" role?

As it is right now, the "meaningful" role of CVs was to raise financial revenue releasing them OP and now nerf them to the ground again.

7 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Immediately after activation, the defending player receives an instant result, a burst of damage is immediately inflicted on the attacking wave caught in AA range by way of a percentage reduction of the current hit points of the attacking squadron.

Wow, great interaction. As if the recent nerf to CVs wasn´t enough and if the recent "buff" wasn´t useless enough, now introduce instaburst gib that can not be avoided by intelligent gameplay.

• Cool 5

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

You mean, as in totally removing the usefulness of the heal for the torpedo bombers?

(except for potatoes who fly in flak I guess, can't have skillgaps in this game)

Skill gaps are no bueno, but grind gaps are of balans camrade, especially if you can shorten them with premium and loot boxes surprise mechanics

• Cool 2