You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
remenberMYname

CV top emblem-- be fair

highest CV emblem is now extremly more complicated to achieve. so we need new one, for they , they show this skills. is not fair , that players before 0.8.5. get is so easy..  

41 members have voted

1. 1. CV is less effective > need more dmg to achieve top emblem > NEW emblem will be fair?

• yes
    • no

59 comments in this topic

Players
610 posts
20,069 battles

ok. CV are now less effective. oook

but DO for us new (highest )emblem, that represents more skilled players.

now is 30% more skills, dmg needet to achieve that.

basic of fair.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles

If you can't git gud enough to earn the top emblem then perhaps you don't deserve it?

Just sayin. Not everyone is meant to have everything, not everything is meant to be achievable without hard work.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,283 battles

if you didnt get the top emblem in RTS you dont deserve it :P not that it was hard anyway 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[IDDQD]
Players
593 posts
13,814 battles

I think it is quite clear what OP is asking about, and it is somewhat reasonable, considering that in RTS era, T10 CVs were way above T10 BBs in terms of average dmg and the emblems reflected that

after rework, CVs are below most BBs in average dmg, yet they need considerably more to earn the emblem, what makes no sense of course

obviously "special" people who earned it before knows that. so i would not expect much understanding (git gud, supposed to be hard blabla)

thing is that you can take out yamato or CQ and have 108k as very casual player, given that those ships have 100k server average, but having 130k average after rework in CV is pretty much above unicum level

stats post rework.

image.thumb.png.b2a84e97a7a3ce52c54efc62ca4bbef9.png

PS: rework is still WiP - so in the future WG will review less important stuff like emblems or achievements tied to planes kills etc

• Cool 4

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

I think that CV emblem is setted a bit too high compared to other ones as it is a relic of the old RTS system... 

Just compare it to the cruiser one: 95k average? You can easily achieve it by playing badly with Henri IV or Worchester... 

Players
3,300 posts
19,066 battles
54 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

basic of fair.

aaand why do you think that you should have it? if you are not good enough, you dont deserve it. simple as that.

besides, those emblems are way too easy to get imo. they should be harder to achieve, not easier. 

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles
1 hour ago, Milan_G_ said:

basic of fair.

Arent you THE skilled R1? I got mine after rework. Unless you wanted new one with higher damage?

[THESO]
Players
846 posts
12 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

but having 130k average after rework in CV is pretty much above unicum level

How ? With haku/midway you can get easily much more than this

• Bad 1

Players
322 posts
49 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

Here is another idea to keep it both simple and keep everyone happy:

Introduce a NEW Emblem that indicates how many Carrier rework (so post version 8.0) Carrier Battles you have fought. For example three levels: 1000, 2500, 5000 random battle matches when commanding a Carrier post version 8.0. (serious proposal)

And maybe one "very special" Emblem for 100,000 random battle matches when commanding a Carrier (with a free visit to a local psychiatrist included as a special bonus). (tongue in cheek proposal)

35 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Not everyone is meant to have everything

I fully agree. So now all that remains is to think of an Emblem that YOU cannot get your hands on in WOWS (tongue in cheek)...

So many ideas... lose 100 matches in a row... or sink 0 ships in 100 matches...

The name for the Emblem could be "You are S.P.E.C.I.A.L." like in the game Fallout.

:Smile_trollface:

[IDDQD]
Players
593 posts
13,814 battles
1 minute ago, Asakka said:

How ? With haku/midway you can get easily much more than this

only 158 players in EU are above 130k average in Midway, compared to 3388 player being above 108k in yamato (and there is still CQ to cheese it)

got a point?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
846 posts
1 minute ago, RAYvenMP said:

only 158 players in EU are above 130k average in Midway, compared to 3388 player being above 108k in yamato (and there is still CQ to cheese it)

got a point?

Well thats sad, but i got the point

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles
20 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

I think it is quite clear what OP is asking about, and it is somewhat reasonable, considering that in RTS era, T10 CVs were way above T10 BBs in terms of average dmg and the emblems reflected that

after rework, CVs are below most BBs in average dmg, yet they need considerably more to earn the emblem, what makes no sense of course

Seasonal stats show that reworked high tier CVs perform at the same level or better than RTS CVs while heavily outperforming all other classes.

So when taking stats into account requirements for CV emblems should actually increase a bit to reflect their higher performance.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
846 posts
Just now, El2aZeR said:

So when taking stats into account requirements for CV emblems should actually increase a bit to reflect their higher performance.

Exactly, its easier to get emblems now and 150-160k Emblem would be actually cool :Smile_honoring:

• Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles
7 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

got a point?

Better question: Do you actually have one?

Getting the emblem requires you to get 130k+ avg damage over your last 100 battles played, not just achieve 130k avg damage in general.

Meaning that someone with 100k avg damage may very well have the emblem depending on the number of battles played.

[IDDQD]
Players
593 posts
13,814 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Seasonal stats show that reworked high tier CVs perform at the same level or better than RTS CVs while heavily outperforming all other classes.

you are super unicum CV player with thousands of games in Midway alone with average dmg of 136k, ranked in top 100 EU in Midway

do you think that ppl with 70k in DD or 95k in CAs are ANYWHERE near superunicum level?

i don't believe that all the good players posting in this thread lack the brain capacity to understand what is OP talking about...ITS NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY of CV emblem, its about consistency with other classes emblems

14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Seasonal stats show that reworked high tier CVs perform at the same level or better than RTS CVs

nope. and this is with 8.0, still dropping since then, watch it after 8.5 and 8.6

image.thumb.png.999b3e9a40b8eedfaa665f4bcb9794d0.png

• Cool 3

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,119 posts

The current carrier emblem has a very important role in differentiating boys from men and invincible god-tier playmakers from the scrubs. If the requirements were lowered, how would we then know who is the superior human being with all measurable and meaningful standards?

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles
9 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

its about consistency with other classes emblems

Which is ofc why you brought up stats and RTS CVs.

Also I don't even have 1k matches played in Midway.

[NWP]
Players
1,388 posts
11,308 battles

All this discussion reminds me of the awards for participation we give to our children teaching them that they need not perform to be awarded.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

But thousands sound better when making a case against you.

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
593 posts
13,814 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is ofc why you brought up stats and RTS CVs.

because the emblem was designed in RTS times, where according to average server statistics CVs had much higher average dmg - you know, thats the kind of statistics that WG is balancing stuff around.

you have 924, half of that post-rework, accept my apology in miss-calculating, the key number was the 136k average unicum player claiming that 130k emblem is way too easy to get.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,678 posts
19,819 battles

CVs are less effective(???)...I stopped right there. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
610 posts
20,069 battles
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

They should add CV emblem for 160k average dmg :Smile_hiding:

well ,,but now  even 130k is extrem..-...------...

[IDDQD]
Players
593 posts
13,814 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

CVs are less effective(???)...I stopped right there. 

yes they are, in dealing dmg, what is the sole requirement for the emblem this topic is about.

they are also less effective in many other areas compared to RTS CVs, the only thing they got better is that they can possibly strike (once) top AA cruisers (old US AP bombers deleting defAA DMs may concur, but whatever)

• Cool 1

Players
610 posts
20,069 battles
55 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

aaand why do you think that you should have it? if you are not good enough, you dont deserve it. simple as that.

besides, those emblems are way too easy to get imo. they should be harder to achieve, not easier. 

the basic of this topic: is not fair when before 0.8.5. thy achieve top CV emblem very easy to compare with today