You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sambor0

What is wrong with RU BB’s guns?

17 comments in this topic

[P-W-C]
Players
844 posts
12,283 battles

Played already some battles on Vladivostok and S. Soyuz and cannot get any citadels to full broadside!Just shutters and regular damage. Watching Flamuu yesterday it was the same. Are this ships are so pure with it?

[BANCV]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
30 posts
18,399 battles

Could you provide some more information about ranges, targets and so on? Haven't had it happen that much. 

Close range they tend to overpen light cruisers and on medium range (12-16) I got quite some weird salvoes with little damage on BBs as well - but some deletions too.

Players
606 posts
4 minutes ago, Sambor1966 said:

Played already some battles on Vladivostok and S. Soyuz and cannot get any citadels to full broadside!Just shutters and regular damage. Watching Flamuu yesterday it was the same. Are this ships are so pure with it?

I might be being dumb, but can you clarify: Are you saying you can't get citadels on other ships, or other ships can't citadel you!?

Assuming the first...

What ship broadsides were you shooting at

At what ranges

With what ammunition type (yes, I had to ask)

Screenshots?

Players
3,523 posts
14,236 battles

Considering a Kremlin 1 shot my DM from 18km the other night after being spotted for less than a few seconds I'd say it just RNG as always. 

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles

They work nomally.

Had two dev strikes with Vladi recently. Both angled cruisers (Neptune, DM).

You should note that many ships have submerged citadels.

[P-W-C]
Players
844 posts
12,283 battles

Shooting range 12-17 km. AP shells, shooting BB’s and cruisers. I will try do some screenshots. Maybe I should use to this ships. I will play today after work and update it.

• Cool 1

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles

I had a different experience playing RU BBs. They don't care what you throw at them and they deal massive volleys in return. I have never felt so comfortable or at ease playing any other ship. It's blatantly able to get in people's faces and become something to be "dealt with" with an immense amount of focus fire until it goes down.

Players
212 posts
12,577 battles

Yesterday I couldn't citadel an Amagi and a NorCal sailing flat broadside to me. At 2 km. RNG is great sometimes......

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
59 minutes ago, SMS_Kriegsmarine said:

Yesterday I couldn't citadel an Amagi and a NorCal sailing flat broadside to me. At 2 km. RNG is great sometimes......

That close the Amagi citadel is actually pretty well protected as her angled citadel roof armour will bounce shells.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,649 battles
30 minutes ago, Sambor1966 said:

What’s your average damage o Sov. Soyuz guys?

Hated the Soy, loved the Vostok, absolutely adore the Kremlin!
Soy felt weak and soft, but I am pretty sure I am the exception who has this feeling.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2c5498043308ecaa6c915380e51b8dfc.png

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
4 hours ago, Sambor1966 said:

Shooting range 12-17 km. AP shells, shooting BB’s and cruisers. I will try do some screenshots. Maybe I should use to this ships. I will play today after work and update it.

Well there's your problem, you needed to be closer than that.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
15 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Well there's your problem, you needed to be closer than that.

This.

OP if you didn't know, Soviet BBs are supposed to have terrible dispersion when fired at (locked) targets above 10km. Below that they have laser accuracy.

The only exception seems to be Kremlin, which is capable of devstriking things out to max range.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

This.

OP if you didn't know, Soviet BBs are supposed to have terrible dispersion when fired at (locked) targets above 10km. Below that they have laser accuracy.

The only exception seems to be Kremlin, which is capable of devstriking things out to max range.

It's at around 11,5 ish in my expirience (Pyotr to Sinop), but rest of it is certainly all true.

As a side note, I have noticed repeatedly that Flamuu plays his RU bb's for one reason or another outside that range.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
9 minutes ago, lafeel said:

It's at around 11,5 ish in my expirience (Pyotr to Sinop), but rest of it is certainly all true.

As a side note, I have noticed repeatedly that Flamuu plays his RU bb's for one reason or another outside that range.

For maneuvering targets, it's actually beneficial to have wild dispersion as you increase the chance of a lucky hit, so I can see why he would. Also, knowing that they have poor dispersion out with 10/12km doesn't stop me shooting when I have a target, every little helps.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
10 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

For maneuvering targets, it's actually beneficial to have wild dispersion as you increase the chance of a lucky hit, so I can see why he would. Also, knowing that they have poor dispersion out with 10/12km doesn't stop me shooting when I have a target, every little helps.

With 67 games (and kept her) in the Lyon and 44 (her as well) in the Fuso I have more than a passing familiarity with this. And definetly, if you have a good target even if its outside the magic range (like a fully broadside on cruiser) feel free to prosecute it. :D