mrcha84

Sovetsky Soyuz

49 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles

This is,so far,the worst ship  for me of the Soviet BB line.And i must say i enjoyed all previous ones.
Poor cammo
Extremely  inaccurate guns
Useless secondary guns
Mediocre AA
Extremely short range of main guns
Doesn't have any spotting consumable
Burns like a matchbox
So,WG intended Soviet BB's to be brawlers.Ok.You are huge and spoted instantly.Even if someone spots the enemy,because you can't,chances are that he will be out of the reach 
of your main guns.If he is within reach,for any effect,enemy has to be at least 14km or less away.Guns are that shity.
If you decide to "tank" your way in,it feels like getting into brawl blind folded holding a huge double handed sword.Two swings and you are dead.
This ship needs spotting consumable to be able to be played WG intended to.
Definitively the biggest piece of crap do far....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles

Server can $uck my hairy 00!
This is real life,random,no division included experience.
My point is,that this ship,in those occasions,is unplayable...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[CATS]
Players
28,183 posts
14,915 battles

That is real life, random, no division....:fish_palm:

Hint: Sort your silver RU BB by Tier and look at your WR. Maybe you will spot something, but I doubt it. You do not seem to be a self-reflective guy...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles

Sir Colonel Pete,of the CATS clan,or whatever you are dreaming to be,online...
I can bet that i could have much higher score being in clan and having my clan mates support.That is not the point.
I have pointed out some serious flaws regarding this ship and yet all you have to offer is cynical critics regarding my WR.
That tells me a lot about you...not much good though...
Using server stats for a T9 matches,where divisions do make a huge diference,is somewhat [edited].
So,fell free to sail away from this post,if all you want to do is making a snob out of yourself...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[CATS]
Players
28,183 posts
14,915 battles

What about "NO division" do you not get?

I said nothing about your WR. I just suggested to sort by it...:fish_palm:

If you have a problem with your WR, maybe do not post it?

• Bad 2

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles

Can you explain what do you mean by "I said nothing about your WR. I just suggested to sort by it.."?
As far as i am concerned,my WR suits me ok...
Problem is that i can not make this ship work in random solo games,most of the time,like i enjoyed lower tiers...
This thing is a pain to play unlike any other Soviet BB...
My guess is that has to do with DD's role in high tier matches and division's too...

Players
1,673 posts
11,704 battles
17 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

Can you explain what do you mean by "I said nothing about your WR. I just suggested to sort by it.."?
As far as i am concerned,my WR suits me ok...
Problem is that i can not make this ship work in random solo games,most of the time,like i enjoyed lower tiers...
This thing is a pain to play unlike any other Soviet BB...
My guess is that has to do with DD's role in high tier matches and division's too...

What he means is, that the higher the tier the worse your WR becomes. This means, that you (1) do not understand the high tier gameplay (2) do not understand the ships you play (3) higher tier = more experienced opponents that punish your mistakes in angling, positioning and so on.

The lower tier RU BB, especially tier 5 to tier 7 are borderline overpowered and way too strong for their tier. They require little to no skill to have success because their armor is forgiving and their guns overmatch pretty much everything at their tiers so if you hit something by aiming or because dispersion favours you, you devestate the target. This changes drastically once you get into tier 10 matchmaking, what the Soyuz does. The tier 10 Kremlin is op as well, but players get better and still can punish you when you misplay.

TL;DR it's the player not the ship

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,424 posts
7,051 battles

I agree with OP. The Sovetsky is the most garbage ship of the line I’ve encountered so far. Unreliable guns, they dig vertical dispersion...

• Cool 3

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles
42 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

What he means is, that the higher the tier the worse your WR becomes. This means, that you (1) do not understand the high tier gameplay (2) do not understand the ships you play (3) higher tier = more experienced opponents that punish your mistakes in angling, positioning and so on.

The lower tier RU BB, especially tier 5 to tier 7 are borderline overpowered and way too strong for their tier. They require little to no skill to have success because their armor is forgiving and their guns overmatch pretty much everything at their tiers so if you hit something by aiming or because dispersion favours you, you devestate the target. This changes drastically once you get into tier 10 matchmaking, what the Soyuz does. The tier 10 Kremlin is op as well, but players get better and still can punish you when you misplay.

TL;DR it's the player not the ship

Thanks.Anyway,i do understand the high tier gaming because i have all T 10 ships.Some of them work for me,some of them are the pain in the [edited]to play...
My point is that SS lacks spotting consumable to be able to be competitive in random battle mode.
Please don't give me that angling advice against BB's,i am not a newbie...most of my damage received i get from CA's not spoted...that is a useless advice in T10 battles...
So,to conclude,SS is highly mediocre BB that depends on DD and CA support to make a difference...
You just have to follow the major pack and hope that they know what they are doing....but,i am sorry to s

Players
1,750 posts
9,223 battles
2 hours ago, mrcha84 said:

Server can $uck my hairy 00!
This is real life,random,no division included experience.
My point is,that this ship,in those occasions,is unplayable...

Why dont you play French BBs, Russian BBs really suck like really play a real ship.

Alsace way better 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
13 hours ago, mrcha84 said:

Burns like a matchbox

All ships of a tier burn the same, so, no.

9 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why dont you play French BBs, Russian BBs really suck like really play a real ship.

Alsace way better 

Sovietsky Soyuz was laid down, Alsace wasn't. French BBs are likely the most paper ship tech tree after RU BB (3 ships in the line actually ever saw service, with one more at least being laid down vs Soviets where exactly one ever saw service and two were laid down. For comparison, the next most paper BB tech line is British, with 7 BBs in service and one more laid down).

• Cool 3

Players
1,940 posts
13,599 battles
15 hours ago, mrcha84 said:

This is,so far,the worst ship  for me of the Soviet BB line.And i must say i enjoyed all previous ones.
Poor cammo
Extremely  inaccurate guns
Useless secondary guns
Mediocre AA
Extremely short range of main guns
Doesn't have any spotting consumable
Burns like a matchbox
So,WG intended Soviet BB's to be brawlers.Ok.You are huge and spoted instantly.Even if someone spots the enemy,because you can't,chances are that he will be out of the reach 
of your main guns.If he is within reach,for any effect,enemy has to be at least 14km or less away.Guns are that shity.
If you decide to "tank" your way in,it feels like getting into brawl blind folded holding a huge double handed sword.Two swings and you are dead.
This ship needs spotting consumable to be able to be played WG intended to.
Definitively the biggest piece of crap do far....

Poor cammo? Not even sure what you mean here.

Guns are accurate enough. It is a BB, not sure what you are expecting. Particularly when you have already experienced FdG.

Secondaries are useless in just about every other BB. Even heavily secondary-specced BBs are more fun than useful builds. And about the last thing I would want buffed from a usefulness point of view in the current meta.

Mediocre AA? Seems good enough for me. Can you please give some comparison to other tier 9 BBs (and please, not only Georgia/Iowa)

Range seems enough for me. You are not gonna hit a lot from 20km+

Hardly the end of the world. A nice addition, nothing else.

As someone has already told you, all tier 9 BBs burn exactly the same.

You are not spotted instantly. Only Lion has a noticeably better concealment than SS. Iowa's is slightly better. Musashi's, Izumo's and FdG's are worse, Alsace being almost identical. So no, middle of the pack there.

Most tier 9 guns are shitty at long ranges.

You want a consumable to shoot from further away, which kinda gives an indication of what you are doing wrong with this ship.

And others:

11 hours ago, mrcha84 said:

Thanks.Anyway,i do understand the high tier gaming because i have all T 10 ships.Some of them work for me,some of them are the pain in the [edited]to play...

Your WR for your tier 10s is bot-like (admittedly with not a lot of games)

It is not much better at tier 9.

Your PR is not that good either.

As @ColonelPete has said, the problem is with the way to play those ships, not the ships themselves.

• Cool 3

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles
On 7/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, Taliesn said:

Poor cammo? Not even sure what you mean here.

Guns are accurate enough. It is a BB, not sure what you are expecting. Particularly when you have already experienced FdG.

Secondaries are useless in just about every other BB. Even heavily secondary-specced BBs are more fun than useful builds. And about the last thing I would want buffed from a usefulness point of view in the current meta.

Mediocre AA? Seems good enough for me. Can you please give some comparison to other tier 9 BBs (and please, not only Georgia/Iowa)

Range seems enough for me. You are not gonna hit a lot from 20km+

Hardly the end of the world. A nice addition, nothing else.

As someone has already told you, all tier 9 BBs burn exactly the same.

You are not spotted instantly. Only Lion has a noticeably better concealment than SS. Iowa's is slightly better. Musashi's, Izumo's and FdG's are worse, Alsace being almost identical. So no, middle of the pack there.

Most tier 9 guns are shitty at long ranges.

You want a consumable to shoot from further away, which kinda gives an indication of what you are doing wrong with this ship.

And others:

Your WR for your tier 10s is bot-like (admittedly with not a lot of games)

It is not much better at tier 9.

Your PR is not that good either.

As @ColonelPete has said, the problem is with the way to play those ships, not the ships themselves.

I think that T9-10  random solo playing is what makes my rating that bad at top tier levels.
Instead of giving advices that have no real purpose,you could at least give a hint how to play this crap boat.
Yes cammo is crap!
Yes guns are crap too,dispersion over 14 km is horrific,especially compared to other BB's!
Secondaries are useless?!Tell that to Bismarck that can set you on fire  all the time from 9km away...
Yes,AA is nothing to write home about it...
Range is crap and combined with a huge dispersion over 14 km makes main guns useful for short distances only.
To conclude...

When T9-10 random solo improves,maybe then my PR and WR will improve too...
I don't play this game for stats,i dont give a ..... about them.
I know very well how most of the ships are to be played,but i can not carry the team of random mongoloids every time...

• Boring 2

Players
1,940 posts
13,599 battles
Just now, mrcha84 said:

I think that T9-10  random solo playing is what makes my rating that bad at top tier levels.
Instead of giving advices that have no real purpose,you could at least give a hint how to play this crap boat.
Yes cammo is crap!
Yes guns are crap too,dispersion over 14 km is horrific,especially compared to other BB's!
Secondaries are useless?!Tell that to Bismarck that can set you on fire  all the time from 9km away...
Range is crap and combined with a huge dispersion over 14 km makes main guns useful for short distances only.
To conclude...

I know very well how most of the ships are to be played,but i can not carry the team of random mongoloids every time...

Sweet Mother of God!

I never look at stats when playing in Division. Your stats in random solo are poor because, well, surprise surprise, you are not a very good player.

Soyuz's camos are no different to the ones you put in any other ship. Wtf mate? Do you actually mean concealment? In which case I've already pointed to you that Soyuz has a good enough concealment compared to all tier IX BBs.

Guns are BB guns. Better than most at close ranges, crap at long ranges like most BB guns are.

Bismark or any other fully specced secondaries BB might be fun once every ten battles, but more often than not is not an optimal configuration. You are better served with FP for example. So there, a hint on how to play Soyuz.

AA is not worse than you average tier 9 BB and I would guess it is actually good. But feel free to post any numbers to back your assertion.

Range is good enough. If you are shooting things at 20km+ you are doing something wrong. And your stats would seem to confirm that.

Random solo will NEVER improve. It is 24 people with litttle coordination and very different skill levels and motivation. Your PR and WR will improve if you become a better player. No other way around it, as you can't be forever carried by your team.

So you don't give a damn about stats? Fine. Don't come here to give crap about ships if you don't know the very basics about them and about what you are doing in game, though. And no, you don't know very well how most of the ships are to be played. That much is clear by, guess what, looking at your stats.

Finally, you should be banned for the mongoloids bit.

• Cool 2

0 posts
35 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

Yes cammo is crap!
To conclude...

Just some pointers....

Random solo is what makes my T9-10 rating bad. As in, my random solo performance.

By 'cammo' I think you mean detectability. Cammo is actually a thing you put on your ship to change it's colour scheme and give economic/minor performance bonuses

I don't think it's quite as extreme as you are making it sound, but USSR BB's are sold as 'accuracy is bad at range' - are you sure this isn't confirmation bias?

Investing into secondaries is useless for competitive/effective gameplay (i.e. stats!). Fire damage is negligible, and you ruin your main battery performance by going secondary build... might this be your issue?

AA, no idea but I thought it's basically on a par with Montana which is best T10 BB AA, so...?

Well, play closer then?

One thing I find useful to keep in mind: in lower tiers it's the better player/team that wins. In high-tier it's the player/team that makes the least mistakes wins. So you may be a reasonable player but keep making (as I do) stupid mistakes which you instantly get punished for. Maybe work on that?

Only some friendly well-meaning tips ;)

• Cool 1

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles
11 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Just some pointers....

Random solo is what makes my T9-10 rating bad. As in, my random solo performance.

By 'cammo' I think you mean detectability. Cammo is actually a thing you put on your ship to change it's colour scheme and give economic/minor performance bonuses

I don't think it's quite as extreme as you are making it sound, but USSR BB's are sold as 'accuracy is bad at range' - are you sure this isn't confirmation bias?

Investing into secondaries is useless for competitive/effective gameplay (i.e. stats!). Fire damage is negligible, and you ruin your main battery performance by going secondary build... might this be your issue?

AA, no idea but I thought it's basically on a par with Montana which is best T10 BB AA, so...?

Well, play closer then?

One thing I find useful to keep in mind: in lower tiers it's the better player/team that wins. In high-tier it's the player/team that makes the least mistakes wins. So you may be a reasonable player but keep making (as I do) stupid mistakes which you instantly get punished for. Maybe work on that?

Only some friendly well-meaning tips ;)

Yes,my bad,by cammo i mean detectability.It should getr better when i get the CE,but giving in mind the crapy range of the main guns,does it really make a sensible decision?
Ok,i agree,but having a BB that is supposed to fight in short to mid disstances without any detection consumable(radar or sonar) is ridiculous to me.
I disagree,you can not compare Montana's AA(T 10) with SS(t9)...it's not bad,just average,i would say.
It seems to me that whenever i play sensible my team looses,and when i go full banzai my team's chances of victory get higher.Having no detection consumable,that results in receiving a lot of torps.
| really would like to see all those big navy Clan expert captains,stepping out of their clan's comfort zone and try to play random without divisions....
Just for a week...
Then we could talk understanding each other....
Thanks for the tips :)

0 posts
2 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

Yes,my bad,by cammo i mean detectability.It should getr better when i get the CE,but giving in mind the crapy range of the main guns,does it really make a sensible decision?

Yes, because then you can get closer without being detected to better use that improved close-range dispersion

3 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

Ok,i agree,but having a BB that is supposed to fight in short to mid disstances without any detection consumable(radar or sonar) is ridiculous to me

That's your opinion, fine, although I would say it's not needed for all (there needs to be variety ;) ). But in practice, fighting close-quarters isn't brawling DD's in a BB :). You still want teammates around to support with that - just don't rush in too soon

5 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

I disagree,you can not compare Montana's AA(T 10) with SS(t9)...it's not bad,just average,i would say.

Sorry, I was thinking about Kremlin at that point for some reason. My bad.

6 minutes ago, mrcha84 said:

| really would like to see all those big navy Clan expert captains,stepping out of their clan's comfort zone and try to play random without divisions....

That's a bit broadbrush. I'm sure many do. You know you can look at solo-only stats? That should give a clear indicator as to performance differences without divisions. 

Oh well, gl & hf.:Smile_honoring:

[CATS]
Players
28,183 posts
14,915 battles
On 7/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, mrcha84 said:

Yes cammo is crap!
To conclude...

A ship cannot be crap when it outperforms ALL other silver ships at that Tier...

It was announced that RU BB have worse dispersion at 14km+ from the start. Complaining about something that they are designed for is pointless.

If you cannot deal with it, they are not your ships. Fun fact: your other RU BB have the same or worse dispersion....

RU BB are not designed for secondaries. Another useless complaint. Next time you will complain that RU BB cannot stealth torp, since DD can do that....

Complaining about other players will NOT solve YOUR problem!

On 7/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, mrcha84 said:

They do. All the time.

Summary of server stats can be seen above....

These are the average results of the ship. When you are worse, you are below average...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles
On 7/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, Taliesn said:

Random solo will NEVER improve. It is 24 people with litttle coordination and very different skill levels and motivation. Your PR and WR will improve if you become a better player.  

This sentence is a cherry on top of the crap cake.There is no way that a player can boost its stats or skills in that environment.
Plants do grow on manure,but this ain't no agriculture.
I will stick to my opinion.
The ship is poor.
For what is designed,most of the time,it has no real purpose in random games.
Lacking of any detection consumable,short range high dispersion guns,are the final nails in its coffin.

If you dont have anything smart to say,any constructive advice instead of server stats based critics,please stay away from this post!
I dont need some Clan "wannabe captain" [edited] criticism.

I

• Boring 2

Players
1,940 posts
13,599 battles
Just now, mrcha84 said:

This sentence is a cherry on top of the crap cake.There is no way that a player can boost its stats or skills in that environment.
Plants do grow on manure,but this ain't no agriculture.
I will stick to my opinion.
The ship is poor.
For what is designed,most of the time,it has no real purpose in random games.
Lacking of any detection consumable,short range high dispersion guns,are the final nails in its coffin.

If you dont have anything smart to say,any constructive advice instead of server stats based critics,please stay away from this post!
I dont need some Clan "wannabe captain" [edited] criticism.

Physician heal thyself and all that...

Not sure what you didn't understand or disagree with in my sentence, so let me rephrase it for you:

The one and only thing common to your nearly 10,000 battles in Random is YOU. So if your stats do not improve with time (and they should, however slowly) we can be fairly sure why that isn't so.

There is only one BB with detection consumable and that is Missouri. German BB's hydro is 6km and by the time you get to use it you are in deep crap anyway. At short range SovSoy's guns are very good. Play the ship to her strenghts.

There have been better people than me in this thread offering you constructive criticism and advice, but judging by the way you respond and your comments, I don't think you deserve it, so there.

• Cool 1

Players
20 posts
10,936 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like you are impervious to advice, but that is no surprise...

Looks like you have ZERO battles with SS.
Your wisdom is nothing but pure snobbism...

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1