AwesomeBoat

Elite commander xp?

8 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Hi

I was going to redistribute my captain points on my Diana Lima. I don't have any doubloons but it says I can use elite commander xp.

How do I get elite commander xp?

thanks

[CATS]
Players
28,155 posts
14,910 battles
  • playing with a 19 point commander
  • finishing missions, directives or tasks
  • maybe even from containers (not sure)
  • Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,166 posts
9,372 battles

Only 19 point commanders (and certain missions) generate elite commander XP. So if your premium ship has a 19 point captain then it will generate elite commander XP.

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Only 19 point commanders (and certain missions) generate elite commander XP. So if your premium ship has a 19 point captain then it will generate elite commander XP.

Thanks!

Players
6,058 posts
12,082 battles
53 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks!

The Savage battles also have 19pt commanders, so playing those will also generate ECXP for you even though you may not have any 19pt captains yourself :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

Players
2,677 posts
21,665 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, AwesomeBoat sagte:

How do I get elite commander xp?

Currently, you can get some by playing Savage Battles.

However, you won't earn enough for redistribution and in any event, it is much too valuable in your position to waste it on redistribution because you need to work much too hard for the amounts in question.

And even if you had a few maxed-out commanders, and thus a steady stream of elite commander XP, that would, sadly, still hold true. It is the way to go for players who have been playing for years, maxing out all captains of all ships they value, and have accumulated reserves so large they just don't know what to do with them.

You have several choices but all of them mean paying Wargaming in one form or the other - buying doubloons, acquiring doubloons by playing the game, maxing out commanders to gain elite commander XP by playing the game (which means you pay WG with your time spent on their servers) or starting over with a new commander and choosing different skills this time (again paying with your time on their servers.)

Occasionally, they have free redistribution phases of a few days. However, I don't know when the next one will be and if it even has been announced yet. There is one ahead of any Clan Battle season and another after it. That will be around the end of July, early August. In a few weeks. To unlock that one though, you need to play at least one clan battle, which you need to unlock by meeting a set of further conditions, such as joining a clan that plays CBs and lets you play one, and acquiring a suitable ship.

By contrast, the amount in real money is fairly small, should you choose to buy doubloons:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GdW79l1hAu7cDeP6R-zKDkR6F6M2Jjv0YJLdUULC-hE/edit#gid=1509908400

If you buy a largish batch of doubloons, the cost breaks down to nine Euro-Cents per skill point or less.

So before the carrier rework, I would have advised you to just bite the bullet and shell out for a few doubloons.

Currently though, it is my considered opinion that all WG products that cost actual money should be boycotted until they come to their senses and fix the CVs.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I got my first 19pt Elite Commander from playing the Space Battles special event, and that was after squandering much of what I'd already earned. But when I realised it was within reach I eventually got enough Commander XP from the 'loan' Elite Commander to upgrade one of my own Commanders from 14pt to 19pt.

I don't think the current Savage Battles is anyway near as profitable, but if you fly some signals a good win may be worth anything between 10,000 and 20,000 Elite Commander XP, a poor loss maybe 5,000 XP. The only way to know is have a go and find out. You can see the amount of Free Commander XP you have by clicking on the Commander, (it doesn't matter if its your own or the in-game Savage Battles Commander), and the amount of Elite XP you have is displayed towards the bottom left of your screen.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this