Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Zeromancer_

Need help with captain build

3 comments in this topic

Players
171 posts
1,284 battles

After years away I decided to have another look at WoWS. But since there's been alot of changes I need help to build my captains.

I've got a 13 point captain for Murmansk, and a 11 point captain for Tirpitz that I need your help with.

What is the best build for them?

0 posts
On 7/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, _Zeromancer_ said:

After years away I decided to have another look at WoWS. But since there's been alot of changes I need help to build my captains.

I've got a 13 point captain for Murmansk, and a 11 point captain for Tirpitz that I need your help with.

What is the best build for them?

Not sure why noone has replied... maybe posting in the newcomers secton would net more response?

This is probably too late now but basically there are a couple of things you'll want to consider...

In terms of the actual build, you have a few choices with the Tirpitz:

The 'optimal' build is going to be the 'standard' BB tank build. So in order PM>EM>BoS>CE>FP>SI>AR. More experienced players may get more mileage from taking SI before BoS - BoS mitigates taking damage from fires upfront. SI allows you another heal to recover lost health if you last long enough ;)

The 'meme' build is going full secondaries - you will burn like paper but it can be fun if you managed to position right. So again in order PM>EM>BoS>AFT>MFCSA>SI>AR. For a minor reload buff to secondaries, BFT (which is ultimate meme build) isn't worth taking instead of BoS.

Or you could try a hybrid of the two - PM>EM>SI>AFT>MFCSA>FP>PT(or EL)

Note that you will be able to share this captain with any of the tech-tree KM BB's.

For the murmansk, you really have two options.

If it is a dedicated captain, you can go fairly standard (low-tier) light cruiser build: PM>EM>DE>CE>SI>AR>whatever else you want

If you want to share the captain with a (higher tier) tech tree USSR cruiser then you will want to spec in IFHE instead of CE, and then tack CE on at the end (or even get it before AR). Except for Moskva which is a totally different build.

Note that advice here is notwithstanding upcoming changes to IFHE - changes might make the skill redundant. I haven't looked into the exact detail yet (others may be able to help)

Hope that helps a bit.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this