You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ozgur7freeman

T8 Massacre

32 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
10,184 battles

This is the fifth battle with my massa and all the battles i join literally was look like this. Only 1 t8 in a team... Am i the only unlucky one here or you people have same issue with mm to. Because im tried of this bull**t. 

fuwg.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
3 minutes ago, ozgur7freeman said:

This is the fifth battle with my massa and all the battles i join literally was look like this. Only 1 t8 in a team... Am i the only unlucky one here or you people have same issue with mm to. Because im tried of this bull**t. 

fuwg.jpg

Buying T8 premium BBs has always been a lot of money to spend on being fodder for T10 ships.

Caveat emptor.

• Cool 7

[BATES]
Players
888 posts
11,829 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

Your lucky, i was not playing at the time, guess we all have games like this

After the ranked session with T10 I noticed quite 90% of battles with t8 I was low tier in a T10 game, and lot of times being the only 1 T8. @Wargaming when will you fix this MM instead of releasing only new ships?

• Cool 4

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

once upon time t8 was top premium tier, and for that they were worth it....yes it was pain in TX battles but still it was top premium tier.

now there is so many free premiums (only time needed) on t9 and t10 ships that t8 premium is "past tense". You buy it ONLY if you really really like ship and can live that yo uare in subpair money and EXP grinder and in worst posibble MM bracket...for me that are t8 CV and i bought La Terrible because of unique playstile in moment

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,564 battles

#bringbackoldT8MM :Smile_trollface:

MwS3bKl.png

(please dont)

• Funny 3

[L123]
Players
94 posts
21,157 battles
22 minutes ago, ozgur7freeman said:

fuwg.jpg

Feels bad , but not as bad as be in a stock t8 Cruiser without heal. You got at least 1 or 2 ways to avoid being citadelled by overmatch.

• Cool 4

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
19 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Buying T8 premium BBs has always been a lot of money to spend on being fodder for T10 ships.

Very true.

Massa, Tirpitz, Vanguard all get up-tiered 90% of time

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
888 posts
11,829 battles

I don't think the problem is feeling bad or not, it's normal to feel more confortable when you are top tier when low. The issue here is being 90% times low tier, that gets frustrating, especially when you would use a bismarck or massa in secondaries build where to have fun you need to go near enemies, and generally in t10 games people will never get you so close, so or you try and die or you need to act as a sniper with a ship with an embarassing dispersion.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,712 posts
6,546 battles
29 minutes ago, Aetius85 said:

After the ranked session with T10 I noticed quite 90% of battles with t8 I was low tier in a T10 game, and lot of times being the only 1 T8. @Wargaming when will you fix this MM instead of releasing only new ships?

They are actually making the problem worse by releasing all these t9/10 ships, it only serves to increase the t9/10 population even more than it already is.

• Cool 4

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
28 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

Well... sigh MM in general is bad and need as serius rework! 

MM is fine, player population it has to manage... Not so much.

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,369 posts
25,127 battles
24 minutes ago, thiextar said:

They are actually making the problem worse by releasing all these t9/10 ships, it only serves to increase the t9/10 population even more than it already is.

They are doing it because T8 premium probably dont sell well anymore because of the T8 MM...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles

Another day, another T8 whine thread

When are you guys going to realise that if you can't handle tier 8 MM (which is fine, by the way), stay at a lower tier.

Tier 8 ships are perfectly capable of doing damage and contributing in a tier 8 game, this is not wot where there are massive jumps between tiers in armament and armour, everything can kill everything in its tier spread. If you don't like the challenge, stay lower!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,523 battles
49 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Don't worry, next WG stream they'll announce they are working on improving T8 mm.

As they did in the previous one.

And the one before that.

And ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,735 posts
25,110 battles

imo ur the lucky one in that kind of mm :Smile_honoring: (aye, seriously)

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
1 hour ago, havaduck said:

#bringbackoldT8MM :Smile_trollface:

MwS3bKl.png

(please dont)

YES!

Complete with Tier Vi Cleveland!

You have my vote!

On topic:

Well at least the Vladimir also has the same problem so you can't be alone.

Generally Tier VIII is also a good place for Premiums if you play Destroyers (well if you don't look so much at Haida), because those profit greatly from the Tier VIII concealment module.

Also those aren't shafted that much by lowtier MM if you know how to avoid dangerous enemy DDs. (RPF)

Players
606 posts

Yep, it sucks being bottom tier. 

There seems to be a derth of T10 ships at the moment (especially BB's!?) - had several long-queue times in Musashi only to be top-tier, and when taking out DM there (mostly) is only 1 or 2 T10 BB's.

This phenomena is making a lot of T8-heavy MM games. They have it pretty crap most of the time - let them have their fun... no doubt it'll go back to usual after a while!

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,523 battles
50 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Another day, another T8 whine thread

When are you guys going to realise that if you can't handle tier 8 MM (which is fine, by the way), stay at a lower tier. 

Tier 8 ships are perfectly capable of doing damage and contributing in a tier 8 game, this is not wot where there are massive jumps between tiers in armament and armour, everything can kill everything in its tier spread. If you don't like the challenge, stay lower!

Once again, for trolls like you, people don't have a problem with being bottom tier as such.

People DO have a problem being almost non-stop bottom tier.

• Cool 10

[BATES]
Players
888 posts
11,829 battles
9 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Once again, for trolls like you, people don't have a problem with being bottom tier as such.

People DO have a problem being almost non-stop bottom tier.

This ^^

• Cool 1

[DM-RO]
Players
12 posts

all ship classes in T8 get uptiered by T10. i'm sure this is how WG want's it, because after all they want to make money. you get uptiered so you grind the next tier, get again uptiered and so on. until you get to T10, where if you are not good enough, you loose credits. that is if you don't buy camo's and have a premium account. or buy premium ships. and that's what WG want you to do. nothing will be changed, or they will loose money in the end.

Players
445 posts

Try a T7 light cruiser in T9, luckily she has 17k range so just kept out the way dodging between islands and spamming HE at anybody Icould see, no kills, but they knew I was there, as I think ever ship had a pop at me expecting n easy kill and I survived.

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,523 battles
20 minutes ago, dansorin2018 said:

all ship classes in T8 get uptiered by T10. i'm sure this is how WG want's it, because after all they want to make money. you get uptiered so you grind the next tier, get again uptiered and so on. until you get to T10, where if you are not good enough, you loose credits. that is if you don't buy camo's and have a premium account. or buy premium ships. and that's what WG want you to do. nothing will be changed, or they will loose money in the end.

Yes and no.

In a general sense you're right. The purpose of +2/-2 matchmaking is make players dream of how much more powerful the +2 ships are, especially if they are bad players, cause they'll think it is "just" the ship that makes someone play well/good.

But until recently, you're also wrong, cause WG had reasons to keep especially tier 8 matchmaking decent enough, cause there were(/are) a lot of tier 8 premiums ingame, and they wouldn't sell if people know they will be almost permanently bottom tier.

Now, WG doesn't care anymore. They have made millions on their tier 8s - thank you all - with an ever limited playerbase that particular market has been saturated anyway, they've sold most of what they could have sold.

Now they have shifted to tier nine premiums. Those ships (often more like tier 9.5) can stand up very well to tier ten, so they don't care to be uptiered, and just sh1t all over tier sevens when being downtiered. That's even more potential moneys right there - thank you all again.

Imho it is not even vaguely coincidental that the only real matchmaking coding adjusting they have made (like close to a year ago almost?) have only benefitted tier nine. They don't care about t8 (or any other tier that gets shat on, like 5/6) anymore.

• Cool 3

Players
322 posts
2 hours ago, ozgur7freeman said:

fuwg.jpg

I have had many matches like that. On one day I had three matches like that in a row, meaning 22x Tier 10 ships with 2x Tier 8 Carriers.

I have collected data on all random battle matches that I have played. For example, since version 8.0, when in a Tier 8 ship on average 62% of all matches are Tier9+10 and thus only 38% are Tier 8. Of the 62% about 47% are Tier 10 and 15% Tier 9 when in a Tier 8 ship.

The worst so far for me was version 8.1 in which 57% of the matches were Tier 10 and 14% Tier 9. So 71% of matches Tier9+10. Leaving only 29% of matches being Tier 8.

• Cool 1