Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

More forum positivity

12 comments in this topic

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all, 

As a forum regular i note that i regularly get "downvotes" from people who don't even bother to reply, give an opinion or whatever- they just disagree and will give you a negative reaction. 

On the other hand, i get plenty of positive "likes" aswell, the "cool" reaction. Generally, the people who react with cool are far more likely to join the discussion in a constructive way in my experience- even if they don't fully agree. 

Basically, what i'd suggest is to get maybe 1 or 2 more positive reactions and remove 1 or 2 of the negative ones. Lets keep the forum fun. 

Grtz I_Y

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Any particular reason to care about those down/upvotes? If people can't be arsed to articulate their opinion, it's worthless to me.

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles
28 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Any particular reason to care about those down/upvotes? If people can't be arsed to articulate their opinion, it's worthless to me.

Sure enough, and i mostly agree with you on that. But its uncalled for salt. You know, i come across you all the time, we have nice discussions, sometimes we agree, sometimes we disagree. These "downvoters"'  just go about spreading negativity and it normalises that people give negative opinions on posts without explaining themselves, which i just think is a bad thing. The forum is for discussing, not for anonymously (is that correct?) waving people down

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

When I receive negative reactions to things I say I like to consider that my opinion may be wrong or poorly formulated rather than advocate for the overhaul of a system of social analogy in order to prevent myself being exposed to the kind of evil monsters who use the boring emoji on an internet forum.

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles
4 hours ago, Caughtintherain said:

When I receive negative reactions to things I say I like to consider that my opinion may be wrong or poorly formulated rather than advocate for the overhaul of a system of social analogy in order to prevent myself being exposed to the kind of evil monsters who use the boring emoji on an internet forum.

Well you see, im someone who likes discussions. Actual discussions where you try to see eachothers points, get to a point where both sides can more or less agree on whats going on. Just going around downvoting posts doesnt exactly help in such cases and it just ruins the mood a bit eh. 

Just had a dude downvote every single post of mine in a topic without even reading them obviously, seen by the rate at which those things came in. Dude just sees my name and thinks hey, i disagreed with his first post, lets downvote all his posts! 

Thats not very nice imo

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
18 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Well you see, im someone who likes discussions. Actual discussions where you try to see eachothers points, get to a point where both sides can more or less agree on whats going on. Just going around downvoting posts doesnt exactly help in such cases and it just ruins the mood a bit eh. 

Just had a dude downvote every single post of mine in a topic without even reading them obviously, seen by the rate at which those things came in. Dude just sees my name and thinks hey, i disagreed with his first post, lets downvote all his posts! 

Thats not very nice imo

Same here. Once we manage this in WoWS we should go around and find a way to punish people who laugh at our terrible suggestions IRL too. They are obliged to respond to us, dedicating at least an hour or more of their time to creating a comprehensive reply every time we say something! Raising your eyebrows and suppressing a chuckle isn't a response Tim from HR! Who's with me?!?

[4_0_4]
Players
7,805 posts
14,340 battles
9 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Hi all, 

As a forum regular i note that i regularly get "downvotes" from people who don't even bother to reply, give an opinion or whatever- they just disagree and will give you a negative reaction. 

On the other hand, i get plenty of positive "likes" aswell, the "cool" reaction. Generally, the people who react with cool are far more likely to join the discussion in a constructive way in my experience- even if they don't fully agree. 

Basically, what i'd suggest is to get maybe 1 or 2 more positive reactions and remove 1 or 2 of the negative ones. Lets keep the forum fun. 

Grtz I_Y

Here, have my downvote :Smile_trollface:

Usually I give the downvote for people I know it's no point of discussion with, or if it's an old suggestion, which has been discussed to death already.

• Funny 1

Players
2,211 posts
4,794 battles
On 7/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Hi all, 

Grtz I_Y

I gave you a "Boring" because your entire post read like a whiny child who can't take a bit of negativity on the internet.

And let's face it, we have plenty of those on these forums without you adding to them.:cap_old:

• Cool 2

Players
7,254 posts
245 battles

i still remember that post i put that farmed over 7 neg reactions :Smile_trollface:

and that post on the world of tanks forum that was so funny i got negrepped by like 30 lol.

lol.jpg.a383866d15e21db8885f3b087dcdef36.jpg

Also zemmy and lozzeh are chonkeh big buli's so take this with you!

1854170214_nobuli.thumb.jpg.51b7df62695904afcedd2122bec887cb.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
621 posts
1,927 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

what anime is that from?

Gabriel Dropout - 2 angels & 2 demons are attending a human high school, Satania is one of the demons and always coming up with mad schemes for world domination.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this