You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

I miss CVs

56 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

Since the changes in .0.8.5 I really started to miss CVs.  I'm trying to be BB player but the moment I enter a match without Cvs I loath the game and the reason are DDs. I'm stuck between Tier 5 - Tier 8 and the expierence is horrible as a BB without CVs and the reason are DDs.

Not the enemy ones mind you. If the DDs on your spawn go full potato , you are screwed. There is nothing you can do, you are totally dependent on DDs to have a brain, at least the first 5 Minutes.  Even if the CV is a complete idiot  , he will spot something eventually and you will see where the enemy is going.

I had several games where the DD stayed behind a small Island and didn't move. Then ofc our Cruisers push forward and get deleted by enemy BBs salvos. If the BBs push forwad its Torp gauntlet...not much fun.

I had DDs turn arround on the spot without warning and leave the BBs alone during a push.

I had DDs refusing to chase the enemy DD that was close to several BBs.

In one match I chased a DD with my Kongo , just so my other BB Team mates could keep pushing. I was lucky and found the bugger behind an Island and rammed his soul straight to hell, but that was pure luck nothing more. 

I don't see that kind of [edited] from other classes. Yes occasionally you have the lonesome BB going off and then he dies like an idiot but to be perfectly honest, loosing one BB is not as bad as loosing one DD in a non CV game.

I have never played a class based multiplayer game where all the other classes are so dependent on one class to do their thing.

There needs to be a harsher economic impact for DDs if they die early, something to discourage bad players to pick DDs in the first place.

Look , I'm gonna be perfectly honest. I think most DD players are *piep* .  The last game I played in my CV , a green DD player started shouting crap in chat from the get go , that DDs shouldn't move forward and how CV are cancer and then he wished me cancer for playing a CV. He then decided the rest of the match to shadow my CV like a baby whale his mama. I mean what do you do with such a player? Report him for playing poorly? Little shits like him need the freaking banhammer.

Anyways back to topic, something needs to be done with DDs in the lower Tiers, because if there isn't a CV  and your DDs decide to be trolls , there is no counter DDs. You eat torps or get shot by some invisble fire machinegun.

shot-19.06.29_20.50.37-0295.jpg

shot-19.06.29_20.50.40-0540.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[SHAFT]
Players
11,180 posts
9,530 battles

Light Radar for Cruisers? :cap_yes:

Im in favor of that anyway, so people wouldnt get thrown against the strong TX radars once they hit T8...

Would also not be bad against those Kamikazes :Smile-_tongue:

Players
3,320 posts
19,080 battles
14 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

Since the changes in .0.8.5 I really started to miss CVs.  I'm trying to be BB player but the moment I enter a match without Cvs I loath the game and the reason are DDs. I'm stuck between Tier 5 - Tier 8 and the expierence is horrible as a BB without CVs and the reason are DDs.

Not the enemy ones mind you. If the DDs on your spawn go full potato , you are screwed. There is nothing you can do, you are totally dependent on DDs to have a brain, at least the first 5 Minutes.  Even if the CV is a complete idiot  , he will spot something eventually and you will see where the enemy is going.

I had several games where the DD stayed behind a small Island and didn't move. Then ofc our Cruisers push forward and get deleted by enemy BBs salvos. If the BBs push forwad its Torp gauntlet...not much fun.

I had DDs turn arround on the spot without warning and leave the BBs alone during a push.

I had DDs refusing to chase the enemy DD that was close to several BBs.

In one match I chased a DD with my Kongo , just so my other BB Team mates could keep pushing. I was lucky and found the bugger behind an Island and rammed his soul straight to hell, but that was pure luck nothing more. 

I don't see that kind of [edited] from other classes. Yes occasionally you have the lonesome BB going off and then he dies like an idiot but to be perfectly honest, loosing one BB is not as bad as loosing one DD in a non CV game.

I have never played a class based multiplayer game where all the other classes are so dependent on one class to do their thing.

There needs to be a harsher economic impact for DDs if they die early, something to discourage bad players to pick DDs in the first place.

Look , I'm gonna be perfectly honest. I think most DD players are *piep* .  The last game I played in my CV , a green DD player started shouting crap in chat from the get go , that DDs shouldn't move forward and how CV are cancer and then he wished me cancer for playing a CV. He then decided the rest of the match to shadow my CV like a baby whale his mama. I mean what do you do with such a player? Report him for playing poorly? Little shits like him need the freaking banhammer.

Anyways back to topic, something needs to be done with DDs in the lower Tiers, because if there isn't a CV  and your DDs decide to be trolls , there is no counter DDs. You eat torps or get shot by some invisble fire machinegun.

as a BB, have you ever tried pushing aswd keys several times just to dodge torps? or is it way too hard?

but seriouly, why would you even chase a DD with your kongo...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 2

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

Im in favor of that anyway, so people wouldnt get thrown against the strong TX radars once they hit T8...

That would be one solution yes, some soft version of Radar or bigger Hydro Ranges.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Gerade eben, ghostbuster_ sagte:

as a BB, have you ever tried pushing aswd keys several times just to dodge torps? or is it way too advanced?

Yes... that is why I called it a Torp gauntlet...

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,268 posts
17,845 battles

Light radar = hydro. Plenty of that about. 

DD players are readapting after new CVs made them cautious about pushing forwards. That will probably make gameplay worse in the short term..... In mid Tiers AA blobbing actually produced more team play and better concentration of forces, and CV spotting prevented DDs from floating about doing little of use, waiting for a torp attack opportunity. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,439 posts
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe we need radar planes, or planes that can cap, spotter planes that also fight, CV rockets squads that can chase the red planes out of a any given cap with one salvo, or even radar on some lower tiered DD's and BB's.

I had better watch what i am saying, WG might take my ideas on board:Smile_sceptic:

[S1R]
Beta Tester
5 posts
5,184 battles

You could also try to play DDS once in while to understand exactly the class in itself, you have less than 20 DD game and throw your frustration to a class you never really tried.

Playing DD's Make you understand how they are in need of fleet support. And it may change the way you play your other ship class for the better aswell.

• Cool 4

[BANCV]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
30 posts
18,399 battles

This is true to most extend. DDs are quite easy to play at low tier and if your side derps and doesn't kill the majority of the enemy DDs there is honestly not much you can do if they play half-way decent. 

Luckily detection ranges are still quite big so multiple ships can quite reliably chase them down. Just don't try to be completely alone and you should be largely fine.

Players
3,320 posts
19,080 battles
Just now, NoobySkooby said:

radar planes, or planes that can cap,

I had better watch what i am saying, WG might take my ideas on board:Smile_sceptic:

they have already started to consider those... support CVs. :Smile_facepalm: WG, never changes...

• Funny 1

Players
3,439 posts
3 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

they have already started to consider those... support CVs. :Smile_facepalm: WG, never changes...

So a support CV would just cap and spot then?

Hey sounds fun, lol, finally a use for the Saipan.

Players
3,320 posts
19,080 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

So a support CV would just cap and spot then?

Hey sounds fun, lol, finally a use for the Saipan.

somewhere i read about those (or maybe it was on stream from wg). they are gonna be able to extinguish fires on friendly ships, lay smoke screens, spot and cap. great ideas from WG...

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,180 posts
9,530 battles
19 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Light radar = hydro. Plenty of that about.

yeah 4 km detection will clearly spot a DD... oh wait, no DD has <4km detection range :cap_yes:

You would already spot it by then normaly, no need for Hydro. Hydro is a very strong tool, but not if its a smart DD with 5,4km concealment and 7km torps... and fast reload torps hitting you like a truck.

7~7,5km radar with short duration could be of some help. You cant outradar your concealment, but the DD has to take a risk of being radared when it wants to torp you.

• Cool 1

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
295 posts
12,664 battles

So it begins, the BBabies have been whining since the CV rework, "no counterplay", "no way to avoid damage", "why am I not invulnerable to planes?" blah, blah, blah.

So, welcome to the real world now, good DD players will make the BB's camp even more, you reap what you sow BBabies.

I have already had a blast at tier 10 the past few days, Shima, Asashio and soon to be collected Benham. 

The simple fact people are calling for a "light radar" to spot DD's at mid tiers is laughable, the BBabies just don't want to take any damage, it was never the CV's causing the BB's to camp, it was the DD TORPS..... laughing so hard I have fallen off my chair.

TB.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,180 posts
9,530 battles
1 minute ago, T3ddyBear said:

The simple fact people are calling for a "light radar" to spot DD's at mid tiers is laughable, the BBabies just don't want to take any damage, it was never the CV's causing the BB's to camp, it was the DD TORPS..... laughing so hard I have fallen off my chair.

Yup, because Cruisers having Radar will prevent BBabies from doing stupid stuff :fish_palm:

Its a balancing factor for having dumb DDs, more so since Kamikazes will never get nerfed.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
40 posts
22,338 battles

After 0.85 I stopped playing CVs. Just not worth it, and this 10 percent HP are an insult. The fact that they bring this out (AR, Torp heal, unbalanced dmg/time from the AA, and unchanged respawn time for planes) just shows WG doesnt care. They dont care and never will, and CVs are unplayable rn. And I doubt they can fix this anytime soon, 0.84 was a good system, but they needed to bring this up. Whatever. There are other games - in fact, I was just invited by E.A. for one. I actually wanted to make a comprehensive CV improvement guide for the devs, but I realized it would be just a waste of my time. "Blabla we are aware of extensive plane loss blabla" then they make the 10 percent hotfix. I bet they dont even play their own game.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,853 battles
2 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

This is just BS, invisi firing was removed years ago, no DDs can invisifire you

• Cool 2

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
295 posts
12,664 battles
14 minutes ago, WarburtonLee said:

This is just BS, invisi firing was removed years ago, no DDs can invisifire you

I think he is referring to the "camp behind island and rain HE at targets", this is considered "skilled" play, it isn't, it's game mechanics, but god forbid a DD player or CV player uses "game mechanics", I'm all for anything that stops the camping HE rain.

TB.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 51 Minuten, Bear_Necessities sagte:

Is there NOTHING BB players won't find reason to moan about?

Says the guy who went balistic with the CV Rework , moant about that his DD is useless like a snowflake, I mean seriously just search his post history for some laughs, then was told by the CV sugar daddy that the Enterprise  is pwnage , bought it , and since then rambles how CVs are fine and DDs needs to adapt....hang on, there was something I needed to do...oh yeah, block cuz I can't take that loudmouth. ^^

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
3,535 posts
14,238 battles
1 hour ago, sgtmarple said:

Says the guy who went balistic with the CV Rework , moant about that his DD is useless like a snowflake, I mean seriously just search his post history for some laughs, then was told by the CV sugar daddy that the Enterprise  is pwnage , bought it , and since then rambles how CVs are fine and DDs needs to adapt....hang on, there was something I needed to do...oh yeah, block cuz I can't take that loudmouth. ^^

Errre, think you’ll find you’re wrong. On all accounts. Also I didn’t buy a single CV. Got good in them and stayed great in DD’s must suck to suck as hard as you.

But sure, block away and become another player who creates their own little echo chamber. That’ll work right :cap_haloween::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4

Players
1,423 posts
8,757 battles

You know, dd players love to sit down in their smoke screen or torp from distance without the fear from being retaliated. The very moment you give something to counter that they will come here to whine and saying that "playing dds aren't fun anymore" "Wg killed dds" etc.

I used to be a cv main player (and used to go to the frontline with the carrier!) but after the nerf, they aren't fun anymore. They are uterly useless.

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
Players
2,640 posts
10,321 battles
1 minute ago, T3ddyBear said:

I think he is referring to the "camp behind island and rain HE at targets", this is considered "skilled" play, it isn't, it's game mechanics, but god forbid a DD player or CV player uses "game mechanics", I'm all for anything that stops the camping HE rain.

TB.

Because a dd should open water Gunboat so the BB can blast his 4ss out of the WATER?

Saying using game mechanics to your advantage isn't skill then I don't know what is.... SMH.

God, bb mains are the biggest mimimi

hypocrites. 

• Cool 4

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, T3ddyBear sagte:

TB.

Yep, that I meant.

[MORIA]
Players
586 posts
7,853 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Because a dd should open water Gunboat so the BB can blast his 4ss out of the WATER?

Saying using game mechanics to your advantage isn't skill then I don't know what is.... SMH.

God, bb mains are the biggest mimimi

hypocrites. 

Yea, completely agree. And you mention DDs, how about Atlanta? If it doesnt have cover, it is DEAD, period.