Tegli4

40GBs of a Hotfix

8 comments in this topic

[-RSN-]
Players
13 posts
7,267 battles

Greetings,

I hope my title isn't too click-baity but this time the size of the patch annoyed me a lot! Last week there were no issues with  patch 0.8.5, but today the hotfix downloaded 40GBs of data. I find it quite unreasonable for a hotfix, also I had to delete something to free up sace. The size of the patches has reached a point where it is the size of downloading the whole game (size of the game in folder - 42,9 GBs). If so can you please JUST delete the game (can't play with the older version anyways) and reinstall it instead of having to have double the free space on c: drive? This will also save me some SSD longevity as literally it downloaded it on C and patched it to the other one, so it just moves it around.

Lastly, I am using Steam so this might be related to steam and not that much to the game itself, but it is not a "small" issue (it is ~40GBs for the game, and 60GBs for the game I had to delete, good that I am not limited by data caps). This is happening almsot every patch.

Edit: Apparently it is not even the 0.8.5.1 hotfix... so I have no idea what was that patch for...

[-RSN-]
Players
13 posts
7,267 battles

As you see i said it is not even the hotfix. No idea what it was, but it was 40gbs... Also you are really contributing :D

[OHFK]
Players
404 posts
9,301 battles

I amm not using steam, but sounds like your game files has been corrupted and needed a new download to solve potential problems maybe. 

Players
1,872 posts
3,555 battles

I really have no idea of what happened, i downloaded the update about an hour ago, but it only downloaded about 200MB which was the right size of the hotfix.

I'm sorry if i can't help you, but i really have no idea of what happened to you.

Players
1,673 posts
11,709 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

... does wows install even have 40gb?

something seems wrong there.

42GB on my SSD, non-steam installation.

Players
8 posts

Must been a full download, a complete reinstall, for whatever reason. Corrupt files or failed first download so it did the full package?

And who ask about 40 gig, here's the non-steam folder without any replays, screenshots or torrentfiles left in it.

wowsfolder.jpg.6e3f41a62f17414b1d9c4ac5e4138b00.jpg

• Cool 1