You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Interesting post about Ramming tests in Training room...

19 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,617 posts
16,587 battles

Hi all,

Interesting post about Ramming tests in Training room...

Lately, the ramming mechanics seem to be broken. The majority of the results that I got from 11 test runs with my Khabarovsk ramming a Yamato range from strange to outright ridiculous - only 3 test runs led to normal results as far as I can tell.

Source Reddit:

"Something seems to be wrong with the ramming mechanics, so I decided to run a few tests in the training room. Number 5 will shock you!"

Video (YouTube):

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 10

Players
61 posts
6,234 battles

A very interesting and informative post it is clear something is definitely going wrong with the ramming mechanics hopefully wargamming will see this and maybe see what is going on?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,415 posts
20,468 battles

Double damage ram can be easily explained. Khaba survived the initial ram for a fraction of a second thanks to the damage reduction from flag and rammed the Yama again, resulting in double damage.

Afaik last time they explained ramming mechanics (sadly can't find the post) they stated that there is a modifier when it comes to which class rams which. If I remember correctly a DD ramming a BB should only inflict ~half damage. Apparently this doesn't count for bow/stern collisions as seen in the video.

Also I believe ramming mechanics take real speed into account, not ingame speed. Meaning that if you ram something at 10kn you're doing it at ~30kn real speed or sth along those lines.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Definately something fishy going on with ramming mechanics. Had a game in Savage Battle today where I rammed the last enemy ... nothing happened for long enough for a division mate of mine to actually comment on it and the game only started ticking damage after a couple seconds.

No lag or whatever up to that point or after it so I'm fairly certain it wasn't a connection issue that caused it.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,350 posts
26,186 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Had a game in Savage Battle today where I rammed the last enemy ... nothing happened for long enough for a division mate of mine to actually comment on it and the game only started ticking damage after a couple seconds.

No lag or whatever up to that point or after it so I'm fairly certain it wasn't a connection issue that caused it.

Something like that?

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,038 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Oh, is this game not bug free? Who would have guessed... Ever tried hitting a stationary target?

I often joke that sitting still broadside on will actually allow you to survive longer:cap_book:

Yes ramming is quite weird, especially with the vastly increased speed that savage battles offer

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,681 battles

I was under impresion that such stuff does happen in non random battles.

Have anyone experienced "strange" ramming behaviour in random battles.

There was post about bots, here we have training room and savage battles, all of them have special rules.

Does anyone have example from random battle?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,387 battles
5 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

I often joke that sitting still broadside on will actually allow you to survive longer:cap_book:

Yes ramming is quite weird, especially with the vastly increased speed that savage battles offer

Realism lad, crossing the T.

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,983 posts
9,442 battles
9 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Oh, is this game not bug free? Who would have guessed... Ever tried hitting a stationary target?

My persoinal tinfoilhat theory is, working as intended, because if you see potatoes aim at ships, they like to aim upper belt or so... while shooting a stationary ship aiming at the waterline, your shells will fall short. Aim higher and you hit.

Potato bonus #21532? - who knows :cap_tea:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
8 hours ago, Profilus said:

Something like that?

Yep. Except it took even longer for the damage to finally kick in.

[AAO]
Players
1,590 posts
21,175 battles

If I may ask, has there been an official response from WG regarding this yet ?

I remember vaguely hearing something but couldn't find anything at a cursory glance.

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,038 battles
3 hours ago, rnat said:

I remember vaguely hearing something but couldn't find anything at a cursory glance.

You need to ping them to have a chance

@MrConway get your butt here and tell devs that they need to drink less vodka while programming.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,590 posts
21,175 battles
47 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

You need to ping them to have a chance

I was actually asking anyone around if there was a post i have missed.

But thx :)

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles
4 hours ago, rnat said:

There was a post about this a few weeks back, Conway replied they are working on a fix for next patch (which would've been 8.5). Clearly, it isn't working yet.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119580-2-ramming-bugs-in-1-game-do-more-people-experience-this/?tab=comments#comment-3041270

On 6/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, MrConway said:

We currently have a known bug when it comes to ramming damage calculation, it should be fixed in an upcoming update! :)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
4 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

There was a post about this a few weeks back, Conway replied they are working on a fix for next patch (which would've been 8.5). Clearly, it isn't working yet.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119580-2-ramming-bugs-in-1-game-do-more-people-experience-this/?tab=comments#comment-3041270

No.

"in an upcoming update" doesn't have to mean "next update" just "one of the upcoming updates".

Yes this is why law text is written in such a complicated way.

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles
23 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

No.

"in an upcoming update" doesn't have to mean "next update" just "one of the upcoming updates".

Yes this is why law text is written in such a complicated way.

Blame it on lazy memory and editing :Smile_teethhappy: fixed for you law-types now.

Clearly need to be careful with providing help around here or the lawyers will be waiting in line  :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
5 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Blame it on lazy memory and editing :Smile_teethhappy: fixed for you law-types now.

Clearly need to be careful with providing help around here or the lawyers will be waiting in line  :Smile_hiding:

Oh no! other than some people here on the forums I see myself by no means as a lawyer (and I am in fact not a lawyer). I am just one of the poor souls with another job that has to deal with the crap the goverment is writing in those to "make things easier". This tends to come with a habit to be very exact when it comes to figuring out what is actualy written in any given text.

• Funny 1