Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

WG screwing Overchicken Dude

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles

Balance Edits
Improved parameters of commander skill Survivability Expert: now increased aircraft HP for each ship tier is +25 instead of +15 (+30 instead of +20 unique commanders). At X level, this will give an increase of 250 points to aircraft HP, which will strengthen the aircraft by more than 10% and will allow the squadron to live longer under AA, taking into account the latest changes in mechanics in the update 0.8.5.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0851/

Overchicken Dude used to give additional 33% to SE (15+5 = +33%).

Now it will only be additional 20% (25+5 = +20%).

And that dude was sold for like 50 Euros in the premium store (the version with the hockey stick)...

I demand more Over and less Chicken @MrConway.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
11 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0851/

Overchicken Dude used to give +33% to SE.

Now it will be +20%.

And that dude was sold for like 50 Euros in the premium store (the version with the hockey stick)...

I demand more Over and less Chicken @MrConway.

I think you are reading this completely wrong, mate. Currently (I just checked) Ovenchicken gives +20HP to aircraft with SE, after the hotfix he will give +30HP.

Edit: Scratch that - you are talking overall %age gain at T10 versus normal captains. That's just a trick of maths and numbers

EDIT2: Not just T10, it's at all tiers. My head's a shed - I need coffee.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles
6 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I think you are reading this completely wrong, mate. Currently (I just checked) Ovenchicken gives +20HP to aircraft with SE, after the hotfix he will give +30HP.

Read again mate, I am talking percent

15+5=33%

25+5=20%

Edit: added that explanation to the OP. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,261 posts
14,098 battles

It just shows how bad is this rework and it's balancing that they have to go for such a strange exemptions. Why not adjust planes hp up differently for different CVs instead of this generic messing with skills? When some CVs need more buff then the others? WG at its best. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

He gets stronger nonetheless.

Sorry forum troll, that is not correct. 

The SE skill gets stronger. 

The captain gets weaker. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Sorry forum troll, that is not correct.

30>20

Your turn.

Bringing up relative strength is laughable, because nobody promised you that this does not change.

Otherwise WG would not be allowed to change anything in the game as it messes with relative strength.

Bring more unique commanders to the game with that perk --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

More players level up their commanders --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

A ship gets improved and does more damage --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

@WG 

Helmut says you have freeze the game in its current form or his commander might get relativly weaker and he feels that is unfair!!!11elf

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[THESO]
Players
4,353 posts

You buy a new car.

Next year a mechanic shows at your door and takes out engine and replaces it with a weaker one. He says: Don't mind me, I am just balancing here.

Stuff like this are gonna hit them in the face oneday. Especially the ones, where they intentionally release an OP premium to maximize profit only to nerf it later.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[GEEKS]
Players
16 posts
14,231 battles

How did the "engine" get weaker?

If the mechanic came and replaced your 200hp engine with a new 300hp engine, you would be pissed off cause your neighbor got his 150hp engine upgraded to 250hp, and this somehow made your car weaker? O.o

Im just curious here, cause i dont get the logic at all.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,167 battles
39 minutes ago, Drexargin said:

How did the "engine" get weaker?

If the mechanic came and replaced your 200hp engine with a new 300hp engine, you would be pissed off cause your neighbor got his 150hp engine upgraded to 250hp, and this somehow made your car weaker? O.o

Im just curious here, cause i dont get the logic at all.

You don't get it. Read nambr9 reply again, slowly.

If you bought a Nvidia Titan gfx card, and all of your other friends only has a Nvidia 1060 gfx card, suddenly 1 day Nvidia comes to all of your friends and gives them Nvidia Titan cards. How would you feel about it? You having bought the much more expensive Titan card, and everyone else gets it for free?

Ovechin is now the worst special commander in the game, having only 1 special skill(EM).

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,417 posts
20,487 battles
14 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

If you bought a Nvidia Titan gfx card, and all of your other friends only has a Nvidia 1060 gfx card, suddenly 1 day Nvidia comes to all of your friends and gives them Nvidia Titan cards. How would you feel about it? You having bought the much more expensive Titan card, and everyone else gets it for free?

Except you also got an upgrade for free, just not as big of a one as your friends.

[GEEKS]
Players
16 posts
14,231 battles
2 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Ovechin is now the worst special commander in the game, having only 1 special skill(EM).

You are kind of forgetting that your Titan would suddenly be replaced with a Titan TI for free, which in this analogy happens to be exactly 20% better than your old Titan and all your friends new cards. So you still got the biggest e-peen, but your friends can now also enjoy games at top performance

I wouldnt mind that at all tbh.

The facts are plain though, no need for more analogies. Regular captains go from +15 to +25hp per ship tier.

Ovechkin goes from +20 to +30hp per ship tier, so still better than a regular captain, and better than he was before, something you seem to leave out of your explanation.

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
20 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

If you bought a Nvidia Titan gfx card, and all of your other friends only has a Nvidia 1060 gfx card, suddenly 1 day Nvidia comes to all of your friends and gives them Nvidia Titan cards. How would you feel about it?

I would be happy for them.

The envy in some people is unbelievable...:fish_palm:

Are you really talking about friends?

No wonder this world is this messed up.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,649 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

30>20

Your turn.

Bringing up relative strength is laughable, because nobody promised you that this does not change.

Otherwise WG would not be allowed to change anything in the game as it messes with relative strength.

Bring more unique commanders to the game with that perk --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

More players level up their commanders --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

A ship gets improved and does more damage --> Ovechkin gets relativly weaker

@WG 

Helmut says you have freeze the game in its current form or his commander might get relativly weaker and he feels that is unfair!!!11elf

OMG! Making a screenshot. OnelinerPete stepped out of his regular post-farming method and actually put together whole 2 paragraphs. He even threw in a sentence. In a single post!
What a time to be alive.

To the point, yes, the captain got comparatively weaker. Which was Helmut's point and is a sound one.
But yes, 30>20, I applaud your infaliable math.

• Funny 6

Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I would be happy for them.

The envy in some people is unbelievable...:fish_palm:

Are you really talking about friends?

No wonder this world is this messed up.

Everyone still has the same SE skill, but the special captain which they sold for 50 Euros provides less valuable bonuses now. 

If you don't get that logic, there is no help for you. 

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,086 posts
14,885 battles
15 minutes ago, Blixies said:

OMG! Making a screenshot. OnelinerPete stepped out of his regular post-farming method and actually put together whole 2 paragraphs. He even threw in a sentence. In a single post!
What a time to be alive.

To the point, yes, the captain got comparatively weaker. Which was Helmut's point and is a sound one.
But yes, 30>20, I applaud your infaliable math.

Looks like you are badly informed.

And if you still think the relative strength argument is a good one after reading this thread, then you are beyond hope.

I wonder why you did not demand that WG keeps all captains points fixed from now on,  to not mess up the relative strength of captains. Maybe you do not realize what you are argueing?

2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Everyone still has the same SE skill, but the special captain which they sold for 50 Euros provides less valuable bonuses now. 

If you don't get that logic, there is no help for you. 

They did not sell you the promise of a fixed relative advantage. Otherwise they would have to stop captains from getting points... :fish_palm:

And no, not everyone paid 50€ for the captain. That is your personal problem....

• Bad 2

[THESO]
Players
4,353 posts

Guys I was making a general example of what I dont want to see happening in this game.... was not ment to overckin change alone...

Some of you might remember how they advertised Blyska. Remember the "can fire from concealment"?

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,649 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And if you still think the relative strength argument is a good one after reading this thread, then you are beyond hope.

Yes it is my only argument. The captain got comparatively weaker - that is a plain fact.
Is this not true?

I'm not arguing the ethics of the change, nor the actual (minimal) impact on the gameplay.
My pitchforks are safely stored in my shed, next to the torches too.

• Cool 1

Players
580 posts

I paid 5.000 doubloons for the premium camo for the Yueyang. After that, they did not only nerf it "relative" to other ships, they nerfed it into the ground. Then the CV rework happened and made it completely useless. Where is my compensation now? That are 19€ straight out the window, at least Ovechkin is still superior.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,353 posts
2 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

I paid 5.000 doubloons for the premium camo for the Yueyang. After that, they did not only nerf it "relative" to other ships, they nerfed it into the ground. Then the CV rework happend and made it completely useless. Where is my compensation now? That are 19€ straight out the window, at least Ovechkin is still superior.

Exactly what I was talking about.

[NABB]
[NABB]
Players
57 posts
4 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

You wouldn't call him a ovenchicken irl :Smile_glasses:

Hide contents

he is hitting harder because he has improved se:Smile_trollface:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
4 hours ago, Blixies said:

Yes it is my only argument. The captain got comparatively weaker - that is a plain fact.
Is this not true?

While I could probably agree due to SE being too strong in the first place, talking about "plain fact" in this case is based on a simplistic assumption that more % increase over base SE bonus directly translates to more advantage. This ignores two aspects:

1. Unique captains are the more powerful the more relevant their improved skills are. Imagine if - everything else being constant - SE was changed so that it would provide +1hp/tier base and +6/tier for the unique captain. that's +500% improvement! But in fact it would be a tremendous nerf to the captain in question.

2. The differences between bonuses given by pre-buff and post-buff SE are basically irrelevant. What really matters is the underlying plane hp. In the current state of the game they are probably going to fluctuate quite a bit - and only when they stabilize can you really start talking about the impact of standard/unique commander's SE. The actual % increase should be calculated compared to plane base hp, not SE base bonus. There's a good chance that hp will be buffed a bit - and that, yes, THAT will be a hit, to both SE in general and the captains that are special because of it in particular.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

They should change Ovechkin so he gives a 33,33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 HP bonus per level, with the new hotfix. /s

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,649 battles
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

While I could probably agree due to SE being too strong in the first place, talking about "plain fact" in this case is based on a simplistic assumption that more % increase over base SE bonus directly translates to more advantage. This ignores two aspects:

1. Unique captains are the more powerful the more relevant their improved skills are. Imagine if - everything else being constant - SE was changed so that it would provide +1hp/tier base and +6/tier for the unique captain. that's +500% improvement! But in fact it would be a tremendous nerf to the captain in question.

2. The differences between bonuses given by pre-buff and post-buff SE are basically irrelevant. What really matters is the underlying plane hp. In the current state of the game they are probably going to fluctuate quite a bit - and only when they stabilize can you really start talking about the impact of standard/unique commander's SE. The actual % increase should be calculated compared to plane base hp, not SE base bonus. There's a good chance that hp will be buffed a bit - and that, yes, THAT will be a hit, to both SE in general and the captains that are special because of it in particular.

That simplistic assumption is 100% correct in this case.
1. I'm not talking about imaginary scenarios, I'm talking about the actual change being made. How is your point relevant to the situation at hand?
2. Let me repeat myself: I am not arguing the balance of this change, nor the actual impact. Why do you bring this up is beyond me.

Sign in to follow this