Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

CV Hotfix is here! (How to make the Big E stand out even more).

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles

Not to worry fellow CV captains, the ultimate solution to the overtuned AA is here:

Spoiler

Improved parameters of commander skill Survivability Expert: now increased aircraft HP for each ship tier is +25 instead of +15 (+30 instead of +20 unique commanders). At X level, this will give an increase of 250 points to aircraft HP, which will strengthen the aircraft by more than 10% and will allow the squadron to live longer under AA, taking into account the latest changes in mechanics in the update 0.8.5.


Who will benefit the most from this? All the nations with improved SE captain. (Which is the US only.)

The Enterprise will get buffed more than any other premium CV by this - at least the one with the Ovechkin captain.
The gap gets wider - was this really the best solution you could come up with?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,701 posts
6,517 battles

I wonder why wargaming even has a test server anymore... They're not using it.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I wonder why wargaming even has a test server anymore... They're not using it.

what do you mean?

Aren't we all playing on the live test server? :cap_hmm:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
10 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Who will benefit the most from this? All the nations with improved SE captain. (Which is the US only.)

PA and Russia got improved SE too. Just not CVs. Though it's only a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
5 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

PA and Russia got improved SE too. Just not CVs. Though it's only a matter of time.

Yeh... I'm talking about now, you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,134 posts
11,239 battles

There really are no words. *slow clap*.

 

WG really don't have a clue and have totally lost control of the runaway train. 

 

15 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I wonder why wargaming even has a test server anymore... They're not using it.

 

And i mean this with the greatest respect, but those that do play the test servers are just WG lackey mugs. 

 

I know that will cheese a few people off, but people need to open their eyes.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

1. Nerf CVs in a way that impacts some CV more and some less.

 

2. Buff CVs in a way that impacts every CV the same.

 

3. ???

 

4. PROFIT!

 

Apparently we're still not at the point where WG sees CVs as individual ships, but as a big amorphous blob that is either collectively over- or under-performing.

*golfclap*

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
9 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

1. Nerf CVs in a way that impacts some CV more and some less.

 

2. Buff CVs in a way that impacts every CV the same.

 

3. ???

 

4. PROFIT!

Maybe I am missing something, but this impacts the CVs differently.
Bigger squads = bigger buff.
Ovechkin = bigger buff.
This does very litle for Graf Zeppelin, but buffs Big E by a lot.

Very strange approach to the issue IMHO.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles

On the top of this CVs with big wings of low hp planes benefit the most from this buff. Which one? Kaga and yes, you have guessed right, the big E:cap_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
28 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

And i mean this with the greatest respect, but those that do play the test servers are just WG lackey mugs. 

 

I know that will cheese a few people off, but people need to open their eyes.

We are all playing on the test server, my man. We all are. Every time we click the BATTLE button.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,134 posts
11,239 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

We are all playing on the test server, my man. We all are. Every time we click the BATTLE button.

 

Ahem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles
3 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Maybe I am missing something, but this impacts the CVs differently.
Bigger squads = bigger buff.
Ovechkin = bigger buff.
This does very litle for Graf Zeppelin, but buffs Big E by a lot.

Very strange approach to the issue IMHO.

Not exactly.

If anything it buffs low plane HP CVs the most, and that sometimes correlates with squad size. But the buff gives the same % HP increase regardless of squad size assuming equal base plane HP.

 

So it buffs Saipan the least and Kaga the most, but not because of squad size.

It should buff GZ slightly more than Enterprise (ignoring Ovechkin) due to GZ having weaker individual planes. But of course the 0.8.5 nerf hit Enty way less hard due to high total squad HP and fast plane regen. So the sum of 0.8.5 and 0.8.5.1 changes leaves Enty buffed relative to the other CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,215 posts
11,992 battles
5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Not exactly.

If anything it buffs low plane HP CVs the most, and that sometimes correlates with squad size. But the buff gives the same % HP increase regardless of squad size assuming equal base plane HP.

 

So it buffs Saipan the least and Kaga the most, but not because of squad size.

It should buff GZ slightly more than Enterprise (ignoring Ovechkin) due to GZ having weaker individual planes. But of course the 0.8.5 nerf hit Enty way less hard due to high total squad HP and fast plane regen. So the sum of 0.8.5 and 0.8.5.1 changes leaves Enty buffed relative to the other CVs.

After all, balans must be preserved. Akkount balans, that is:cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Everyone keeps saying CVs with big squadrons are buffed more by this hotfix than ones with smaller squads....but I have a teeny tiny problem

How do you avoid Flak bursts with large squadrons?

I can avoid flak with GZ or shokek easier than with, say, Kaga.

Easier to avoid flak with 8 or 9 planes than with 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
8 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Have a mandatory skill to compensate a nerf.

Just another ...looking to CE and IFHE :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles
2 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Everyone keeps saying CVs with big squadrons are buffed more by this hotfix than ones with smaller squads....but I have a teeny tiny problem

How do you avoid Flak bursts with large squadrons?

I can avoid flak with GZ or shokek easier than with, say, Kaga.

Easier to avoid flak with 8 or 9 planes than with 12.

That's been a thing since the start of the rework and nothing in the latest patch or the hotfix changes this.

But I would say that plane agility has a much bigger impact on flak dodging than squad size. Kaga (IJN CVs in general) has good plane agility as does the RN CVs, Enty has decent agility and GZ has awful agility (attack planes are okay).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
406 posts
8,856 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Improved parameters of commander skill Survivability Expert: now increased aircraft HP for each ship tier is +25 instead of +15 (+30 instead of +20 unique commanders). At X level, this will give an increase of 250 points to aircraft HP, which will strengthen the aircraft by more than 10% and will allow the squadron to live longer under AA, taking into account the latest changes in mechanics in the update 0.8.5.

How does that mitigate the issues? That is like giving diet insulin to a diabetic.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,659 battles
42 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Everyone keeps saying CVs with big squadrons are buffed more by this hotfix than ones with smaller squads....but I have a teeny tiny problem

How do you avoid Flak bursts with large squadrons?

I can avoid flak with GZ or shokek easier than with, say, Kaga.

Easier to avoid flak with 8 or 9 planes than with 12.

Bait it out by heading indirecty to the target and change the direction to the target after the wall of flak sets. Some flak you just can't avoid and the squadron size does not play a huge role in this in my experience.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-YR-]
Players
730 posts
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

Improved parameters of commander skill Survivability Expert: now increased aircraft HP for each ship tier is +25 instead of +15 (+30 instead of +20 unique commanders). At X level, this will give an increase of 250 points to aircraft HP, which will strengthen the aircraft by more than 10% and will allow the squadron to live longer under AA, taking into account the latest changes in mechanics in the update 0.8.5. 

Humm perhaps someone skipped a couple of math lessons in highschool. Let's analize togheter: :cap_haloween:

 

SE now gives +15 per each tier. At tier X this means +150 HP per plane. with the new Hotfix SE will give +25 , wich at tier X means 250. Now the real difference between 0.8.5 and 0.8.5.1 will be a mere 100 HP per plane at tier X :Smile_hiding:

 

Example:

Midway  TB without SE have 2204 HP . Up to now thanks to SE they  have 2354 HP (and they die like flies ). Starting from Tomorrow they will have 2454 HP. wich is an increase of less then 5%. 

 

As a matter of fact ANY buff should start from the PRESENT situation NOT from waht it was before. 

 

Just an example:

A ZAO (not the best AA in class) has a  short range (1.9Km - 3.5 Km) DPS aura  of 600 +  ;  Perhaps I am NOT an optimist BUT honestly I don't see how those 100 HP can really make a difference. :Smile_coin:

 

Conclusion: although this "FIX" is coming really fast (wich lead me to think that someone inside WG already had the idea of the mess coming) and it's welcome, I doubt it will be sufficient. 

 

Cheers 

Edited by Alfa_Tau
correction
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,215 posts
11,992 battles
7 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

A ZAO (not the best AA in class) has a  short range (1.9Km - 3.5 Km) DPS aura  of 600 +  ;  Perhaps I am NOT an optimist BUT honestly I don't see how those 100 HP can really make a difference

AA doesn't stack, so Zao have either 212dps at 3.5-1.9km or 400dps <1.9km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,374 posts
8,554 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Very strange approach to the issue IMHO.

.... did someone say "approach"... :cap_cool:

 

anigif_sub-buzz-6212-1530747294-7.gif?do

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×