You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.5.1 - Ranked Sprint Fix & More

66 comments in this topic

Players
1,114 posts
12,622 battles

This AA "tweak" by making a incredibly minor improvement to Survivability expert is pathetic. 

Please, do the sane thing: revert to the 0.8.4 AA system and start work on a proper reworked AA system instead. 

• Cool 7
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles

This is stupid. I won't talk here about the state of AA after the last patch, the very idea of balancing AA by buffing SE is completely misguided!

SE wasn't weak. I would dare to say that it was a must-have of any full-point CV build! Buffing a skill that's already pretty much a no-brainer is a stupid thing to do. When you buff a specific skill, you do it because the SKILL is too weak and people just aren't taking it. If the problem is low plane hp then what should be buffed is - surprise surprise - plane hp, not a skill that boosts it! Making no-brainer skills even more mandatory is just making the game worse, simple as that.

Although there is a skill that definitely needs some help after 8.5 - Adrenaline Rush. The CV-specific effects need to be re-designed or - if that's not possible - removed. Right now it's a noob trap (as the effects are extremely weak despite not looking like that to people who don't know how squadron hp works) AND a skill that works really erratically (the bonus appears and disappears as one plane after the other gets damaged and then destroyed).

• Cool 12

Players
3,289 posts
19,956 battles
3 minutes ago, SilentHuntard said:

Welcome to World of Warships beta test

How true. I am actually getting fed up by now over this.

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
[SLAPP]
Players
14 posts
23,561 battles

lol im sure this threat will be filled with noob cvs that have spammed cv since the change with their epic 44% win rates and 120k average dmg ……...after the recent patch lets face it only  poor cvs that spam attacks at groups of ships have suffered or bottom teir cvs ...well tough my North Cal suffers when im forced to face yamatos ...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles

Before this fix planes survived like 0,5 seconds when someone made mishap and entered AAA blob.

Now after this "FIX" planes will survive 0,1 second longer.

Splendid work WG

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles
2 minutes ago, _kraken__ said:

lol im sure this threat will be filled with noob cvs that have spammed cv since the change with their epic 44% win rates and 120k average dmg ……...after the recent patch lets face it only  poor cvs that spam attacks at groups of ships have suffered or bottom teir cvs ...well tough my North Cal suffers when im forced to face yamatos ...

Sometimes im amused what people are ready to do to became "elite"

Like someone sealclubbing 1000 battles in bogatyr only to come here and call normal folks "noobs"

Thumbrule in discussion about carriers- play carriers before you taking part in discussion.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles
2 minutes ago, Galaxy011 said:

Where is adrenaline rush changes? that skill is completly useless

Ofc its useless as well as tb repair .

ANd this so called "fix" is  a joke.

This game becaming bigger and bigger waste of time.

Only thing they achieved was killing both cv and dd in one stroke.

If you look on cue before the battle now its world of Brainless Brajans

• Cool 4

[SLAPP]
[SLAPP]
Players
14 posts
23,561 battles

selective stat checking is also quite amusing …1k game is less than 10% of the games ive played ( nearly 5% )not sure what effect they had on my stats or much care but the point still stands bad cv players suffer from AA changes good once very little they are still more than capable of doing dmg and spamming attacks which lets face it is pretty much all  cvs do ...most don't spot of help to counter DD wile busy dmg whoring BBs anyway. Also quite ironic from a player who appears to have played a similar number of games and hasn't manged to achieve much doing it and has proportional played more below t4 than me.  

• Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[TT-R]
Players
6 posts
8,878 battles
1 minute ago, _kraken__ said:

selective stat checking is also quite amusing …1k game is less than 10% of the games ive played not sure what effect they had on my stats or much care but the point still stands bad cv players suffer from AA changes good once very little they are still more than capable of doing dmg and spamming attacks which lets face it is pretty much all  cvs do ...most don't spot of help to counter DD wile busy dmg whoring BBs anyway. 

you are just a dirty seal clubber. farming new players for personal ego.

• Cool 6

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts

A 100 hp buff is not gonna help with an a linear  magical damage aura that's 850+.

Wizards must be manning the AA guns casting flame wall or some crap.

edit: corrected on numbers. this makes this even more infuriating. 100 HP if you take SE. 100 HP is not even half a tick.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
273 posts
4,109 battles
1 hour ago, Sadzior said:

Before this fix planes survived like 0,5 seconds when someone made mishap and entered AAA blob.

Now after this "FIX" planes will survive 0,1 second longer.

Splendid work WG

If that mistake is made, it should be punished. The fix is to help planes that are performing their normal duties attacking solo or poorly protected ships.

The fact that planes could happily fly into what should have been a death sentence was the problem in the first place.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[OILUP]
Players
185 posts
1 minute ago, Silvercat18 said:

If that mistake is made, it should be punished. The fix is to help planes that are performing their normal duties attacking solo or poorly protected ships.

The fact that planes could happily fly into what should have been a death sentence was the problem in the first place.

Except it doesn't. You take that damage on the first tick for a vast majority of the plane's hp without even the rng to miss it or "skillfully" dodge it.

If AA is going to behave like that planes need a counter measure that's linear or we could go back to flak bursts (if they work properly) with giving the benefit of AA skills or USN ships letting players have nice and hefty flak "mazes".

[-AP-]
Players
2,701 posts
6,510 battles
11 minutes ago, CaptainOkita said:

Except it doesn't. You take that damage on the first tick for a vast majority of the plane's hp without even the rng to miss it or "skillfully" dodge it.

If AA is going to behave like that planes need a counter measure that's linear or we could go back to flak bursts (if they work properly) with giving the benefit of AA skills or USN ships letting players have nice and hefty flak "mazes".

Because a surface ship survives for so long when making a mistake...

• Cool 1

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles
9 minutes ago, _kraken__ said:

selective stat checking is also quite amusing …1k game is less than 10% of the games ive played ( nearly 5% )not sure what effect they had on my stats or much care but the point still stands bad cv players suffer from AA changes good once very little they are still more than capable of doing dmg and spamming attacks which lets face it is pretty much all  cvs do ...most don't spot of help to counter DD wile busy dmg whoring BBs anyway. Also quite ironic from a player who appears to have played a similar number of games and hasn't manged to achieve much doing it and has proportional played more below t4 than me.  

Second ship from top of list, 1000 battles and 86% wr have no impact? lol u funny.

Now leaving this ...back to cv discussion

WG seems to have no idea what they are doing...

How about:

1. Lower AAA levels

2. Make 3 different possible AAA setups and  big difference between them in effeciency : stock AAA, upgraded and perk upgraded AAA and fully upgraded manual controlled AAA

3. Lower a bit damage output from CV ordnance but bring back accuracy

4. Make squadron sizes more non nonsense (not like 2 plane TB sqads on haka) and add waiting time for start preparation ( but not several minutes like its now, more like 2-3 min max per sqadron in old cv)- aka make cv attack less frequently but in bigger squads

5. Make fighters usefull tool to protecting own fleet- longer figters active time, more aggresive fighters , more fighters consumables, possibility to add dedicated fighter cover to single friendly ship.

6. Finally add spotting delay like on radar ships but longer or spot just on map- with is in real the biggest issue.

The whole idea is to

1. Make cv spot less for team- making dd survival easier

2. Make cv fly less often but with bigger squads - to stop continuous and annoying aircraft spam ( with are not able to do much anyway)

3. Make possible for cv to have more impact in protecting own ships

4. Stop idiocy with totally efortless AAA- BB and CA players killing planes without even paying any attention or even noticing it- and this is called "interaction" Make efficiency of own AAA depending on player actions like before

• Cool 7

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles
1 hour ago, _kraken__ said:

would u like a box of tissues ? its also amusing how stat checkers try to to invalidate a fair point ...check them abit more closely don't need to seal club its just fun

Your "fair point " is calling people noobs and taking part in important discussion when you have zero experience around the topic.

Begone

P.S.

SOLO stats maketh a man...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[GRHNP]
Players
43 posts
19,492 battles
3 minutes ago, Sadzior said:

Your "fair point " is calling people noobs and taking part in important discussion when you have zero experience around the topic.

Begone

I dont know what can be called "experience about the topic" and dont care what your experience is or your overall stat status. The fact that tyou deny someone the freedom of speech is at least appauling.You need to look into it seriously. Calling people noobs of course is not polite however i have seen a people playing T9s or T10s like they have never played a single battle in the game EVER. I saw once a YueYang freeXP his way and trying for 10mins to torp a Gearing, SERIOUSLY, and end up calling Gearing a cheater. 

For example someone else can say that he has spent 50k Euros in the game and therefore to say to you "get the hell out of the server it is mine".

Why argument is more valid?? NONE, both useless, stupid and expressed by people lacking ANY sense of what democracy or freedom of speech is. 

Now, what will it take for all of you and WG to understand that the CV case is a DEAD END. The mechanics of both CV consumables as well as ships' AA is now fully automated. The CVs impact on the outcome is too great. The impact of a  single ship in the game is too much. You have someone capable, OK you may do well and you may win in the end. You have someone with the IQ of a 10yo you have NO WAY to turn the game even if the enemy is a bunch of muppets if you lose 2-3 ships in 2mins cause the enemy CV player brought his brain along.

I dont like CVs, i dont play them, i will never play them even in coop cause they are toxic, AS SIMPLE AS THAT

As far stats are concerned noone should bother with stats, stats ARE ONLY an indication. Whatever argument, action or whatever else is based solely on stats review is NOT VALID. Even more so when someone is denied his righ to express his thoughts based on stats.......SERIOUSLY??

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[YEBOI]
Players
292 posts
8,607 battles

So what you’re saying is you’ve made CVs even more potent in killing DDs. Lol.

I still have PTSD Vietnam flashbacks to my Groz vs enemy Auda engagement. 35k dmg to planes, 3 DFAA charges used, zero plane kills. And that’s an AA spec Grozovoi!! Imagine sailing a stock Kagero. RIP. 

Maybe increase the rocket/DB scatter when targeting DDs? Honeslty, when I’m driving my lil boats I’m not after clear skies. I don’t care if I shoot down 5 or 25 planes - just tryna live past the 5 min mark man... feelsbad

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Improve survivability expert skill by 10 HP more per tier?

PATHETIC.

HAVE YOU TRIED PLAYING TIER 8 CVS IN FULL TIER 10? HAVE YOU??!!

What about players without the survivability expert skill?

If you're gonna be improving captain skills you could've also improved aircraft armor skill from -10% continuous AA damage to -20%(or at least -15%) continuous damage taken.

And even those combined would not save tier 6 CV in tier 8 battle or tier 8 CV in tier 10 battle.

How about giving the heal consumable to all planes, not just torpedo bombers?

How about giving all carriers deck size to fit minimum 2 full squadrons instead of 1.5?(Kaga excluded)

What about balancing Saipan? I feel like that particular CV(which is premium, people paid MONEY for it) has suffered the most....I don't have it but I've seen its planes melting like polar ice caps in any MM.

• Cool 4

[N0RSE]
Players
235 posts
10,810 battles

I am a total noob in CV's, but I love them. However, this new AA change was both good and bad. Bad for uptiered CV's as their planes now was easier to kill, harder to replace and impact in the battle lessened. T10 CV's now have to pick targets with greater care, don't waste your planes, even Haku will easily run out of planes. Pre dropping to save planes now becomes something of a gamble as you might not have enough planes to survive the onslaught (you lose planes not overall damage), torpedo planes now have a 100% useless skill called heal (as the damage aura eats your planes MUCH faster than heal replenish HP).

What I think most complain over, and what most CV players don't do is scout, the singular best team based buff a CV can provide. And the reason why CV's don't scout is simple, this game is centred around economy, you get EXP and credits at the end of the day, credits matter WAY more, even with premium time. But here is the problem, a CV gets virtually NO exp nor credit gain from spotting or spotting damage, as opposed to a DD that gets much more. I can easily be bottom noob in the CV with a net of  -200k credits and only 400 base exp but have well over100k spotting damage  + spotting and a bit of damage and a few planes shot down. Flip the coin, if I focus on doing damage however, don't provide AA cover except if it's convenient for me, do the standard crap (rocket planes -> DD hunt (DD smoke, scout a bit, get torpedo planes)) I do fairly good, more often than not I'm among the upper half of the team and net a fair surplus of credits from it.. So, from my perspective I can either look after my own economy and do ok->good or provide the team with vision and hope they provide the damage I can't (as doing both is not possible without multiple squadrons). Now, stop bashing CV's for playing bad, for not prividing AA support or not providing vision. What I hate the most in the game are BB or long range cruisers (Yeah I'm looking at IJN and USSR cruiser players) wailing for "I need Intelligence", usually my calm self tell them to go get it themselves.. 

As a DD player I try to provide vision, cap.. I've learnt over too many battles that unless you see BB and Cruisers moving to assist you, provide cover, don't bother capping. The game will not be won by your team capping, because they're not a team, they're individuals playing for their own, not the team.

This is a team game, but multipurpose ships get somewhat not rewarded for it. DD's do (I've got games where I've done less than 10k damage but gotten over 2k exp from just spotting, capping and defending), but CV's don't, I hope that can change if they introduce the "alternative" branch of CV's.

• Cool 3