You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

Make AFT a T3 skill

29 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

It has already been suggested a few times on this forum. Make AFT a T3 skill. The 4 points are no longer worth it.

MfG Boom

• Cool 7

[CKBK]
Players
298 posts
12,888 battles

Most of the captain skill tree needs adjustments or some minor tweaks, again. The one that came with the cv rework wasn't the best imo. 

Some skill are becoming useless or just very situational. 

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Or just improve it a bit.

Easier than rearranging the skill tree.

Question is, how? 25% main/secondary gun range? Improving flak damage is next to useless, improving flak positioning could be a thing, but then, that would be easy to overdo, especially as invisible flak is still a thing.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,969 posts
28,552 battles

It is still worth for extending gun range on DDs and extending ranges on secondaries. Only AA value of the skill is reduced. So no, it is still good skill for some ships and worth 4 points.

• Cool 3

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

It is still worth for extending gun range on DDs and extending ranges on secondaries. Only AA value of the skill is reduced. So no, it is still good skill for some ships and worth 4 points.

S_O mentioned something about secondary REEEwork in long term plans, I wonder is AFT could be part of it, like range+dispersion buff at once, stackable with Manual Secondaries. That or shift of aiming point from waterline to deck

[MORIA]
Players
7,689 posts
38,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Bring back +20% long-range AA range increase :cap_rambo:

Nope, it's too much. Worcester 8.6 km AA was sick. It's now very strong with its 6.9 km .

Players
606 posts
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Nope, it's too much. Worcester 8.6 km AA was sick. It's now very strong with its 6.9 km .

Yeah, 8+k's is probably too much... but wasn't part of that OP because stealth-firing-AA was a thing? Or am I totally mis-remembering pre-rework mechanics!?

Grabbing at random suggestions here, because why not... how about making the AFT perk mean the AA auras overlap, or at least partially (e.g. long-range aura overlaps the mid)?

• Cool 1

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
1 minute ago, MacArthur92 said:

6.9*1.2=8.28. Assuming aerial spot would rise accordingly. "Regular" cruiser with AFT would be spotted at 6.96km

So AA range increase is totally not case of shooting yourself in the foot:Smile_trollface:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
11,250 battles

I'd like the "you are detected" skill to be back as a perk you have to buy with commander skill points.

• Cool 3

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
13 minutes ago, Panocek said:

S_O mentioned something about secondary REEEwork in long term plans, I wonder is AFT could be part of it, like range+dispersion buff at once, stackable with Manual Secondaries. That or shift of aiming point from waterline to deck

Honestly, what is the point of aiming for deck instead of waterline? At range, the shells are unlikely to hit the belt anyway and at close range, the trajectories of shells are typically so flat that they would just fly over the deck half the time. It'd also mostly just be useful for ships that can pen enemy ships with secondaries in the first place against ships that have an armoured belt, so for French or American secondaries it's kinda pointless against same tier ships.

Players
606 posts

IMHO, the overriding issue with the skill tree is the 'imbalance' between certain ships/classes. Some ships to get any mileage out of you almost *need* an 18pt cookie-cutter build, whilst others you have pretty much free-reign to choose what you want after 10pts (and not always that much benefit to gain from having the choice)

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
4 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Honestly, what is the point of aiming for deck instead of waterline? At range, the shells are unlikely to hit the belt anyway and at close range, the trajectories of shells are typically so flat that they would just fly over the deck half the time. It'd also mostly just be useful for ships that can pen enemy ships with secondaries in the first place against ships that have an armoured belt, so for French or American secondaries it's kinda pointless against same tier ships.

Secondaries are pointless most of the time:Smile_smile: though with shift from armored belt to deck, chances of landing hits on superstructure should increase.

[CATS]
Players
28,120 posts
14,893 battles
34 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Question is, how? 25% main/secondary gun range? Improving flak damage is next to useless, improving flak positioning could be a thing, but then, that would be easy to overdo, especially as invisible flak is still a thing.

Just some AA improvements. The rest is still strong.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
14 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Secondaries are pointless most of the time:Smile_smile: though with shift from armored belt to deck, chances of landing hits on superstructure should increase.

At like 3 km, sure. At 5+ km, I doubt it, as shells by then have arcs and will hit the upper belt, deck or superstructure most of the time anway. The best aiming point would be upper belt, as it'd have the least chance of over or undershooting the ship, but the question of where secondaries aim is likely the most overblown "issue" people have with secondaries, imo.

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,689 posts
38,224 battles
43 minutes ago, Panocek said:

6.9*1.2=8.28. Assuming aerial spot would rise accordingly. "Regular" cruiser with AFT would be spotted at 6.96km

So AA range increase is totally not case of shooting yourself in the foot:Smile_trollface:

I forgot there was also the module to increase AA range. So it was around 8.6 km in RTS.

[MORIA]
Players
7,689 posts
38,224 battles
45 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Yeah, 8+k's is probably too much... but wasn't part of that OP because stealth-firing-AA was a thing? Or am I totally mis-remembering pre-rework mechanics!?

Grabbing at random suggestions here, because why not... how about making the AFT perk mean the AA auras overlap, or at least partially (e.g. long-range aura overlaps the mid)?

It was Stealth AA but they changed it few patches before rework. After that it came again in 0.8.1 and made hotfix to fix it 

• Cool 1

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles

Put aft down to tier 3 and bft down to tier 2 and improve them a little.

Also does anyone know a good way of aiming with the georgia? im having trouble hitting things in her today and somewhat yesterday (my PR rating is almost 1,1k in her lol despite a 57% winrate).

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
20 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Put aft down to tier 3 and bft down to tier 2 and improve them a little.

Also does anyone know a good way of aiming with the georgia? im having trouble hitting things in her today and somewhat yesterday (my PR rating is almost 1,1k in her lol despite a 57% winrate).

BFT is no brainer for any gun it applies, downtiering it should warrant nerf if anything.

Players
7,232 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

BFT is no brainer for any gun it applies, downtiering it should warrant nerf if anything.

Maybe they should have another version of secondaries only?

too be honest this has too be the most limited skill system in any game i've played, highly inflexible and majority of skills that are too niche or useless to justify the points.

Players
10,196 posts
11,986 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

Maybe they should have another version of secondaries only?

too be honest this has too be the most limited skill system in any game i've played, highly inflexible and majority of skills that are too niche or useless to worth the points.

If you think about it, quite a few game mechanics are built around making sure you can't get too effective. Fire chance for example, with Demo and signals you get 3 or 4% fire chance increase. Sounds gud, until you realize ships have built in fire chance reduction, up to 50% for T10. So three points spent and two signals give you 1.5 to 2% improvement. DoT reduction? Multiplicative, so there are diminishing returns with every buff stacked. Only concealment is worthwhile, because you can clearly see its effects. Dispersion upgrade, it "improves" something, but you have hard time telling the difference anyway. Same with AA mod1, +2 flaks is 300% improvement for ship with AA spitting out single flak, but its not really going to be gamechanger.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,689 posts
6,504 battles
2 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I'd like the "you are detected" skill to be back as a perk you have to buy with commander skill points.

That would just lower the maximum amount of free skillpoints by whatever that skill costs, because there is no point where you ever wont pick it.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
11,250 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

That would just lower the maximum amount of free skillpoints by whatever that skill costs, because there is no point where you ever wont pick it.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.

It was that way in Closed Beta.  Giving it free to everyone harmed the DD game immeasurably.

[-AP-]
Players
2,689 posts
6,504 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

It was that way in Closed Beta.  Giving it free to everyone harmed the DD game immeasurably.

How? everyone slotted it anyways, so theres no difference

• Cool 1