You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alex_Connor

USS Benham: The Marathon Guide

17 comments in this topic

[V-I-P]
Players
32 posts
9,286 battles

Nice summary, thank you!

Isn't there even a hall of fame reward to add to the list?

Maybe that could also help saving some money. :Smile_coin:

Players
3,143 posts
11,246 battles

Nice one mate.

However I have a life so wont be able to get it.  

Besides we arent thick enough to think that it's not designed for people to buy creates eventually when they come up short....Right? :cap_tea: Please tell me you can see though this lads. 

• Cool 4

[RL7S]
Players
248 posts
3,276 battles
3 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Nice one mate.

Besides we arent thick enough to think that it's not designed for people to buy creates eventually when they come up short....Right? :cap_tea: Please tell me you can see though this lads. 

Agreed.

The mission design is such that you can get to 600 Fuel pretty easily (at least by Marathon standards), can do Battle for Resources and Rogue Waves alongside each other in Savage Battles, takes about 100 matches over a month, that part is a breeze.

The real grind is hidden in the innocuous little Daily Mission: Rogue Waves which requires completing 48 out of 50 possible daily missions in 25 days, and the way the Fuel drops are set up so falling short by even one daily mission means having to buy containers.

That part just isn't possible for most people and means the majority of players who end up with a Benham will have spent cash on at least part of the Fuel.

Players
3,143 posts
11,246 battles
1 hour ago, Alex_Connor said:

Agreed.

The mission design is such that you can get to 600 Fuel pretty easily (at least by Marathon standards), can do Battle for Resources and Rogue Waves alongside each other in Savage Battles, takes about 100 matches over a month, that part is a breeze.

The real grind is hidden in the innocuous little Daily Mission: Rogue Waves which requires completing 48 out of 50 possible daily missions in 25 days, and the way the Fuel drops are set up so falling short by even one daily mission means having to buy containers.

That part just isn't possible for most people and means the majority of players who end up with a Benham will have spent cash on at least part of the Fuel.

And that's WG for you. Easy to see through this one, some are harder but always comes back to ££££.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,399 posts
15,636 battles
20 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

If you have a life and a job, you can just buy half of the crates and get it without any effort.

Price is too high? Maybe, but if I invest my time into stressful grinding, I make a worse deal than working in my job to earn it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles
16 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

If you have a life and a job, you can just buy half of the crates and get it without any effort.

Price is too high? Maybe, but if I invest my time into stressful grinding, I make a worse deal than working in my job to earn it.

I think it boils down to a balance. 

I bought the Hill bundle, will try my best to grind out the missions and already saved up over 300 fuel at this point. Expect to go to nearly 400 before the first week passed. Mainly through playing as much as i enjoy, but also forcing myself to pay attention to the missions & making sure that i do those daily missions every day. 

If i cant do the daily missions, i'll ask a friend of mine if he can fill them in for me once or twice- if it gets worse than that- too bad. 

But i do strictly believe that you should only go for this ship if you really like DDs, specifically the fletcher and/or clemson. 

And then just see whatever tactic works best for you, however i honestly dont think straightout buying it at start is the best option, since buying the hill pack and playing it 1 battle per day would leave you with 100 tokens already, and when combined with some of the credit grinding you should easily get to 200+, which saves you a nett 30eu- assuming you don't finish the missions to get compensated for the hill.  

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles

The daily missions are easy to do if you've got an hour or two to spare each day, just do them in ops and co-op as your almost guaranteed a win in those. That'll also do the event missions for you so you'll get the Hill and fuel without having to worry about the savage battle part of it.  You can then leave the last 2 parts of battle for resources, meaning you only have to get 9.3M and can forget about the last 7.5m credits. That's how I'm planning on doing it, and if the internet is down for a day or two I can still do the 9th part of resources as it won't take too long to earn 1.5m credits.

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

The daily missions are easy to do if you've got an hour or two to spare each day, just do them in ops and co-op as your almost guaranteed a win in those. That'll also do the event missions for you so you'll get the Hill and fuel without having to worry about the savage battle part of it.  You can then leave the last 2 parts of battle for resources, meaning you only have to get 9.3M and can forget about the last 7.5m credits. That's how I'm planning on doing it, and if the internet is down for a day or two I can still do the 9th part of resources as it won't take too long to earn 1.5m credits.

Honestly, those credit missions arent that bad. 
I often run Savage battles in the background while getting coffee, going to the loo etc. Just set an autopilot with a tier 3 ship and boom 200k in the pocket- or sometimes 100k if you forget to set the autopilot. 

Less than 8M total left to do so i'm slightly over half- and the first bit goes slower due to worse ships. 

IMO its better to anticipate that you might miss the 100 tokens from daily missions, even if you do plan on obtaining them. 48 out of 50 is a lot, so i'd rather aim to get 925 tokens ;)

[DC-DK]
Players
3,051 posts
32,664 battles
On 7/1/2019 at 1:45 AM, Alex_Connor said:

Savage Battles only, 2 stages with 150 Fuel per stage. 1st stage requires grinding 3.6 Million credits,

You might want to correct the number of credits needed to 4.8 Million credits in the first stage. 4x600.000 + 1x2.400.000

[OCTO]
Players
1,227 posts
27,936 battles
18 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I often run Savage battles in the background while getting coffee, going to the loo etc. Just set an autopilot with a tier 3 ship and boom 200k in the pocket- or sometimes 100k if you forget to set the autopilot. 

Less than 8M total left to do so i'm slightly over half- and the first bit goes slower due to worse ships. 

IMO its better to anticipate that you might miss the 100 tokens from daily missions, even if you do plan on obtaining them. 48 out of 50 is a lot, so i'd rather aim to get 925 tokens ;)

Same here - I thought that credit mission will be a dreadful grind. Before I start work, I multitask (coffee, news, emails, etc) and play 10 battles in about 30-45 minutes. That brings you about 2 million for a minimum to moderate effort. And surprisingly enough, my WR is OK-ish, I didn't check, but certainly more than 25%.

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles
20 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Same here - I thought that credit mission will be a dreadful grind. Before I start work, I multitask (coffee, news, emails, etc) and play 10 battles in about 30-45 minutes. That brings you about 2 million for a minimum to moderate effort. And surprisingly enough, my WR is OK-ish, I didn't check, but certainly more than 25%.

Should you really be advocating AFK as grinding tactic on the forums?

Players
1,114 posts
12,638 battles
52 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

Honestly no- until you realise that fully playing a battle yields you less than 50% credits more than just setting the autopilot & hoping for the best. I still play plenty of battles normally, but its far too viable

[OCTO]
Players
1,227 posts
27,936 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

Who was talking about being away from the keyboard? Would NEVER do that, as it is disrespectful to other players. 

One screen I use for WoWs while there is no action (sailing, waiting for battle, etc...) and another screen for other tasks. OFC, once you get into the battle, you drop other tasks.... 

Edited by Zen71_sniper