You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rudeflounder4

Tier 8 CV unplayble

55 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts
4,591 battles

Ever since patch 8.5 playing CVS are terrible if MM decides to put you in a Tier 10 Match you can't do anything done it now they made CVS unplayeble

• Cool 5
  • Boring 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,701 posts
6,510 battles

Just adapt duh.

This is the response that carrier players gave to surface ship players when the cards where turned around.

Karma giveth karma taketh.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Players
1,879 posts
19,386 battles

They are not unplayable just more challenging, although it would appear that 0.8.5 was a little bit too much of a improvement in surface ships AA for a lot of CV players liking. 

Good CV players still are producing some impressive results I'm sure if you check out the many other CV related threads you will find some useful advice to help. 

• Cool 4

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,387 battles

Leave em in Port and play something else till either they fix it 

Wg have admitted a hotfix will come soon

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,508 posts
8,691 battles

I already provided Screenshots of Sessions wiith 80k Average Damage in T8 CVs after 0.8.5

in the CV Rework Discussion.

I also Play T8 CVs to Farm Money and sorry. But no other Ship is as easily Playable as CVs right now.

So yeah.

Sorry. But Seriously. You guys need to at least Try First Pls.

The Update is not even a Week Old.

And if even a Potato like me which Started Playing CVs a 1 or 2 Months ago.

Can easily Cope with this Change.

Then you guys should be able to as well.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles

🤔😂 i would say it not only CV, where tier 8 suck, In my experience tier 8 is kinda screwed no matter class you play, but Say BB is the hardest hit by this 🤔

That say I skipped t8 in CV, going from t6 to t10, yes have struggle a bit more learning t10 Cv,  but getting butt f.... in t8, can't see how that could do anything but kill Cv for me as has done so many other ships 

#MM for t8 suck.. #MM rework needed

😎😉

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

Enterprise still works due to large squads and fast plane regen.

Other CVs are hands off until WG un-f***s the game. 

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,353 posts
25,043 battles

Can a mod close down this topic and move it to the dedicated CV Rework topic?

@Excavatus

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,283 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Can a mod close down this topic and move it to the dedicated CV Rework topic?

@Excavatus

You are not a moderator mate. Stop trying to act like one. You are spamming all CV topics with this. If a mod wants a thread closed they will close it. 

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,353 posts
25,043 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

You are not a moderator mate. Stop trying to act like one. You are spamming all CV topics with this. If a mod wants a thread closed they will close it. 

All things related to CV s belong in a single place. 

The crying OP is complaining because he can no longer crap on +2 tier ships like he did before. 

Well, except CV, no other class did that before either. That is why tier 8 MM is considered awful. Now this is true also for CV. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
20 minutes ago, 22cm said:

All things related to CV s belong in a single place. 

The crying OP is complaining because he can no longer crap on +2 tier ships like he did before. 

Well, except CV, no other class did that before either. That is why tier 8 MM is considered awful. Now this is true also for CV. 

Excuse me but I regularly crap on +2 tier ships in other things other than CV(especially destroyers) roflmao

It's the CVs that are now more unplayable than surface ships :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
4 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Give some love to Saipan every non Kagaprise CV? :cap_viking:

fixed:Smile_trollface:

Though still wishing for more historical plane complements...

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles
9 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

They are not unplayable just more challenging, although it would appear that 0.8.5 was a little bit too much of a improvement in surface ships AA for a lot of CV players liking. 

Good CV players still are producing some impressive results I'm sure if you check out the many other CV related threads you will find some useful advice to help. 

Good players will always produce good results - hence why they are good players. And that means they can also master an unfavourable situation.

That’s exactly what we have - AA balance is ridiculously in favor of surface ships. It’s almost the famous “I-win-Button” - just without a button it works automatically.

Such a significant imbalance is not healthy so it needs fixing ASAP. The biggest problem is that the AI loses all your planes for you.

And that because the recent AA change is inherently incompatible with the rework. Hence why it doesn’t work 

(but always a pleasure to see the same 5 CV haters bit*** around)

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,231 posts
7,164 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

He always dreamt to be a cowboy one day 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_DMP_]
Players
651 posts
57 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, 1MajorKoenig sagte:

He always dreamt to be a cowboy one day 

LOL that one made me laugh really hard. 

Vor 10 Minuten, 1MajorKoenig sagte:

Good players will always produce good results - hence why they are good players. And that means they can also master an unfavourable situation.

That’s exactly what we have - AA balance is ridiculously in favor of surface ships. It’s almost the famous “I-win-Button” - just without a button it works automatically.

Such a significant imbalance is not healthy so it needs fixing ASAP. The biggest problem is that the AI loses all your planes for you.

And that because the recent AA change is inherently incompatible with the rework. Hence why it doesn’t work 

(but always a pleasure to see the same 5 CV haters bit*** around)

On the other hand there are also only like 5 people defending them always. But well haters will just be quiet if the cv cant score one HP dmg can't spot a single ship but only can make some nice Fotos of planes dieing in aa madness. 

Players
582 posts

Does WG really think the opinion of a lot of players who don't like the awful CV rework would change, if they don't close all the whining threads from the CV mains? Are they that desperate?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

fixed:Smile_trollface:

Though still wishing for more historical plane complements...

you do not wish fore more historical approach to CV, because you know, CV made BBs obsolete as a class and infact form WW2 till now CV is the strongest ship in fleet :)

imagine our whiners in tihs forums how would they cry than :)

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

Does WG really think the opinion of a lot of players who don't like the awful CV rework would change, if they don't close all the whining threads from the CV mains? Are they that desperate?

WG has numbers that shows them CV rework was huge success in games played and in ships sold......so the do not bother on crying on forums

• Cool 1

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

you do not wish fore more historical approach to CV, because you know, CV made BBs obsolete as a class and infact form WW2 till now CV is the strongest ship in fleet :)

imagine our whiners in tihs forums how would they cry than :)

Yes, because being spanked by Skyraider instead Destroyer is totally going to make a difference to guy down there:Smile_trollface:

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Yes, because being spanked by Skyraider instead Destroyer is totally going to make a difference to guy down there:Smile_trollface:

when i did 64k salvo on Moskva and oneshote it form Burg nothing happend, when i have 20 k hit on ship with CV...ffs 5 reports, 2 threats by deadly desesase, 3 forum topics....so yes....it looks like it is difference for them :)

• Cool 1

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

when i did 64k salvo on Moskva and oneshote it form Burg nothing happend, when i have 20 k hit on ship with CV...ffs 5 reports, 2 threats by deadly desesase, 3 forum topics....so yes....it looks like it is difference for them :)

Except I was talking about plane model swap. In Midway case, stock AD Skyraider should be "top" planes, as they replaced BTD Destroyer in their (very short) service.