You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

CV launch smaller squads

22 comments in this topic

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles

This is really more a quality of life request, let Cv have the option to select to launch 1/3 and 2/3 strength squadrons,  the times you use full strength squadron is very minimal,  and it get a bit anoying in the long run to allways have make that fake attack, 

Or do a button press where you send home a wing, with out having to go through the attack cycle 

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

That sounds too difficult.

How? Just do toggle button like secondary?  

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,424 posts
7,051 battles
26 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

Ask WG. Surface ships are fairly complicated, yet CVs are the most dumbed down classin the game atm. 

Why? I guess WG is only bothering with testing the implementation of planes and AA atm. Later on they will implement the carrier itself.

I had the same idea when I played my first CV game, yet if you want WGs attention you better say: Hee, I got a great idea for a new premium CV. A copy paste of [insert ingame CV here] and give it squadron selection as a gimmick.

This game is starting to look like NavyFIELD...

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,237 posts
7,169 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Ask WG. Surface ships are fairly complicated, yet CVs are the most dumbed down classin the game atm. 

Why? I guess WG is only bothering with testing the implementation of planes and AA atm. Later on they will implement the carrier itself.

I had the same idea when I played my first CV game, yet if you want WGs attention you better say: Hee, I got a great idea for a new premium CV. A copy paste of [insert ingame CV here] and give it squadron selection as a gimmick.

Surface ships complicated...?

errr :cap_hmm:

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Thanksfor a good laugh man 😂👍 and kinda right 

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
32 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

To give you clue how "highly" WG thinks of their playerbase just look at CV hull and consumable control... and sad part is, they aren't wrong with it.

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
14 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Surface ships complicated...?

errr :cap_hmm:

If you play them right, yes. Especially compared to CV.

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles

To be honest, I think they should drop the whole split of wing and attack and do one squad one attack, and balance around that,  not that often you get more than one pass on non solo targets any way  and even then not always  🤔

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
7 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

To be honest, I think they should drop the whole split of wing and attack and do one squad one attack, and balance around that,  not that often you get more than one pass on non solo targets any way  and even then not always  🤔

Where you draw the line how many planes dropping their payload is "balanced"? AA varies wildly between ships, so squadron of 9x TB from lets say, Shokaku delivering their payload into Musashi with maybe one plane lost or 7/9 shot down on their approach towards Iowa? 

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Where you draw the line how many planes dropping their payload is "balanced"? AA varies wildly between ships, so squadron of 9x TB from lets say, Shokaku delivering their payload into Musashi with maybe one plane lost or 7/9 shot down on their approach towards Iowa? 

There is the ballance part,  ofc the total squad size go down,  hell do normal wing size + 1 or to planes, and make them a bit tougher, you keep the strike strength reasonable, and for surface ships it wI'll matter to shoot down only 1 or 2 planes, as that minimize the dmg a bit, and you don't  have to dodge 2 or times as dd alone, one strike and you have bit of time til the next

• Cool 1

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
3 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

There is the ballance part,  ofc the total squad size go down,  hell do normal wing size + 1 or to planes, and make them a bit tougher, you keep the strike strength reasonable, and for surface ships it wI'll matter to shoot down only 1 or 2 planes, as that minimize the dmg a bit, and you don't  have to dodge 2 or times as dd alone, one strike and you have bit of time til the next

Then you would have to bump alpha damage up quite a bit as currently its "balanced" around multiple passes, so whenever ordnance connects, whine would follow. That and you would have to pretty much triple plane hp or cut down dps to 1/3, if "squadrons" would be reduced to one attack wing.

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Then you would have to bump alpha damage up quite a bit as currently its "balanced" around multiple passes, so whenever ordnance connects, whine would follow. That and you would have to pretty much triple plane hp or cut down dps to 1/3, if "squadrons" would be reduced to one attack wing.

To be honest I have not thought the ballance part of this idea 😂😂😂 I just wanted a easy way to shed the first wing 😎😂

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
13 minutes ago, SmokyButtons said:

But your numbers sound in the ballpark 🤔😎

And it would bring us nowhere, except aerial torpedo would deal not 9k damage in Haku case, but around 15k, if not more. Enough to give more than significant emotional event to struck DD or even cruiser.

Initially carriers were estimated to be "DoT" damage dealers... which would be fine, if not for WG slashing in half flood chance with very first hotfix of the REEEwork, and then reworking flood to be net nerf, unless you somehow cause double flood on someone with DCP on cooldown.

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
21 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And it would bring us nowhere, except aerial torpedo would deal not 9k damage in Haku case, but around 15k, if not more. Enough to give more than significant emotional event to struck DD or even cruiser.

Initially carriers were estimated to be "DoT" damage dealers... which would be fine, if not for WG slashing in half flood chance with very first hotfix of the REEEwork, and then reworking flood to be net nerf, unless you somehow cause double flood on someone with DCP on cooldown.

Hmmm you most definitely thought more about it then me, if had to give a quick guess on numbers, do current wing size +2, 2xHP and plus 25% speed on planes... Maybe a bit more spread on attacks!  

But is just a very quick estimate,  but 2+planes and 2×hp would one on one, mean you get a  normal size attack through. ... I think 😂😎

Note wing = 1/4 squad= one attack now

[KAKE]
Players
2,729 posts
6,701 battles

I've been arguing for a while now that WG should just acknowledge that the multiple runs per squadron design is a failure, and move towards something that works more like the RTS cvs: Single attack per sqadron with more alpha damage, but longer turnaround time.

But it would essentially be a second rework, requiring them to start the entire balancing process from scratch.

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
4,008 battles
4 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I've been arguing for a while now that WG should just acknowledge that the multiple runs per squadron design is a failure, and move towards something that works more like the RTS cvs: Single attack per sqadron with more alpha damage, but longer turnaround time.

But it would essentially be a second rework, requiring them to start the entire balancing process from scratch.

I agree,  single strike is a better solution, 

But it is more or less we have now, don't know if play Cv yourself,  but the drop of wings to you have 2, and do single strike,  rinse and repeat, this let's you maintain your number of planes! 

So I my mind they might as well make it official 🤔😂😎

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,916 battles

yup big + for higher alpha single drops... Right now the CV feels like a BB that can do 8k damage / shot on average but with a 2 minute reload time, and depleted ammo by the end of the game. I still like the way we set up drops its kinda cool to have this instead of RTS, but getting all planes wiped constantly is getting old, and as OP requested, an option to not take a full squad into flight would be nice

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,353 posts
25,043 battles

Can a mod close down this topic and move it to the dedicated CV Rework topic?

@Excavatus

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles

Mr @SmokyButtons

please use the CV thread/any other existing one or even better suggestion thread for ideas instead of opening a new one.

Mr @22cm Please use the reporting function instead of tagging us :)

Great day gentelmen,

Locked.

• Cool 1