You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Are you grinding (or will grind) USS Tier IX DD "Benham" for 800 "Fuel Tokens"?

402 members have voted

1. 1. Are you grinding (or will grind) USS Tier IX DD "Benham" for 800 "Fuel Tokens"?

291 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,659 posts
16,790 battles

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

As much as I wish to have USS Tier IX DD "Benham" this summer grind is just out of my reach... simply no time for that lengthy time investment... :Smile_sad:

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,564 battles

Short answer: No.

Long answer: If this keeps up and I finally get the sunstroke and croak .......... then, and only then ..... maybe. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

Yes I shall try - because I'm an incredibly sad git. 

Whether real life and the various more important uses of my time get in the way of my grind is another story....

• Funny 4

[JRM]
Players
7,089 posts

Grinding, bought few gold crates and now am at the last stage of savage no1 so i should be at some 300-350 tokens tomorrow, I wont be able to take all of them since I have holiday booked and will be away from computer for 2 weeks but with those extra tokens I should be right around the 800 if i need to buy one or two more crates to get to the goal I will but I might have enough with those I already bought

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,106 posts
8,364 battles

Yeah im going to try but the gigantic amount of credits you need to grind in savage mode will be a huge pain in the backside.

Seriously i hate it when they force us into 1 specific game mode if this was also an option in randoms and the other modes i would not mind all that much.

But i bet this is a decision based solely on the Missouri.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

The hardest part about the grind are the 48 necessary daily missions. That's tough, twice the number I usually achieve for a whole month, but I'll probably somehow manage this. If need be by grinding quick co-op battles for the victory XPs.

• Cool 3

[TEC]
Beta Tester
223 posts
10 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

The hardest part about the grind are the 48 necessary daily missions. That's tough, twice the number I usually achieve for a whole month, but I'll probably somehow manage this. If need be by grinding quick co-op battles for the victory XPs.

^ This.

The credit grind is a non-issue. I just started the 9th stage of a total of 10. Get a 3-star dd and it will cut the time needed to do it in half since they earn twice as many credits. I see so many players still doing the credit grind in 1-star dds.

Players
103 posts
11,685 battles

No i wont.

But for a tier 9 ship a gruesome grind is reasonable, like with grinding a tier 9 tech ship, it just aint for me.

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,281 battles

I will get as much fuel as I can get and then boxes for the rest. I have dubloons for 25 boxes ready so I won't have to reach for my wallet first thing I do.

I did the match and there's no chance in hell that I can do the "free grind".

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,675 posts
10,263 battles

Simply no, as don't care about DDs. Even if it was a CA or BB, grind 800 tokens out of 850? Yeaah,.....

......nope.

[NED]
Players
2,106 posts
8,364 battles
4 minutes ago, thoso1973 said:

^ This.

The credit grind is a non-issue. I just started the 9th stage of a total of 10. Get a 3-star dd and it will cut the time needed to do it in half since they earn twice as many credits. I see so many players still doing the credit grind in 1-star dds.

Really ?

Well that should change things.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,985 posts
28,665 battles

Yes, I will try. Will I succeed is completely other mater. I think this a really bad designed event. In 25 days you need to do 48 daily missions or missions for 24 days. So if you need any plans for weekend you have a problem. Not to mention that this will mean  that you can't get 100, well technically if you miss two days it is 112, tokens which means that you need to buy premium boxes for the amount you are lacking till 800. Also missions in the Rogue Wave are becoming more and more grindy with every new set of missions.

[NED]
Players
2,106 posts
8,364 battles

WG always does the most ridiculous grinds just to make us pay.

At least they wont pull another Kamikaze R stunt where they have us grind our asses off and then try to limit the amount of ships being handed out.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
267 posts
8,152 battles

What MrFingers said.

Besides which, I didn't play on patch day and only played for long enough to complete part 1 of the daily missions Friday and Saturday so I have already failed the 48 daily missions requirement. I would therefore be getting stressed spending a lot of time and effort grinding all the other requirements and playing lots of games in a game mode I have no real interest in for the privilege of giving wargaming at least £23 for this ship. How about no.

I'd love a benham but the heavy time gating and all or nothing nature of this event leaves me with only one option: nothing. In future I'd prefer to see events that are either more spread out or give a discount off a reasonably priced ship (£168 for the Benham is not reasonable). I can only hope they decide to make Benham available for coal or something in the future.

• Cool 4

[NED]
Players
2,106 posts
8,364 battles
6 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

What MrFingers said.

Besides which, I didn't play on patch day and only played for long enough to complete part 1 of the daily missions Friday and Saturday so I have already failed the 48 daily missions requirement. I would therefore be getting stressed spending a lot of time and effort grinding all the other requirements and playing lots of games in a game mode I have no real interest in for the privilege of giving wargaming at least £23 for this ship. How about no.

I'd love a benham but the heavy time gating and all or nothing nature of this event leaves me with only one option: nothing. In future I'd prefer to see events that are either more spread out or give a discount off a reasonably priced ship (£168 for the Benham is not reasonable). I can only hope they decide to make Benham available for coal or something in the future.

The discount format they use in world of tanks would be a good compromise between the abusive grinding and just outright paying for the ship.

[DC-DK]
Players
3,055 posts
32,734 battles

My personal real life health pool says no! Avoid frustration and high stress levels the doc said... So I'm not even trying. Besides that I have no interest in the Savage battles..

• Cool 3

Players
2 posts
5,892 battles

Cossack:  ~2% of tokens (1 Guinea of 48) cost 0,89 €

Benham: ~2% of tokens (15 fuel of 800) cost 5 bundled with a lottery ticket

No, thanks.

• Cool 3

Players
78 posts
51 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

WG always does the most ridiculous grinds just to make us pay.

At least they wont pull another Kamikaze R stunt where they have us grind our asses off and then try to limit the amount of ships being handed out.

Given all of their recent bs statements (CVs are finalized so go ahead and buy premium CVs) and  other abusive tactics, are you sure?

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,072 battles

Yes. I've already used the compensation premium time to do the first Savage Battle stage. May use tomorrow's premium plus one more bought with doubloons to get it done. Doing the 2 daily missions is a bit tedious but meh. The directives just kinda get done passively as I go about my business. I don't mind the forced SB grind all that much, but I hate the fact that 2 days of ISP issues would be enough to abort my grind completely. It's not good to have this little leeway for missing out on tasks.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,282 posts
7,448 battles

No !!

I participated in the event for russian BB, I will certainly do the french DDs, I need to tke a pause, and the grind is clearly not worth my time at this time of the year ...

Players
3,300 posts
20,023 battles

The event is a shallow unbearable grind, first time WG can stick their premium reward where the sun doesn't shine, much like the event's art direction.

• Cool 3

[PNAVY]
Players
1,228 posts
41,114 battles

Having to play this :etc_swear: mode with no team work makes the grinding for the 800 fuel tokens really difficult and not worth it.