You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Grind the Hill (a hefty grind for a tier V)

21 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,757 battles

WIth all the attention going out for the Benham grind there is still the "smaller" grind going on for the tier V DD "Hill"

As a non cv- player that allready loathes the Savage battle format the requirements for completing this "rogue wave event"are time consuming. Specificly the 3rd round with its 100 plane kills is another rng fest. Hope that WG delivers on the  BOT cv's in scenario's and co-op....

First stage:

4M credits --> rather easy, 1 M a day)

3M dmg  --> ok, maybe easier still in coop)

342 sec hits --> easy if you have even slightly competent BB) co-op is good

60K captain xp: -->mediocre, can be 3 good games if you have a good set of flaggs/premium etc..otherwise some grind

25 captured etc...--> rather easy needs some luck co-op is good

The savage battle alternatives are not that much easier so this set of tasks wil do.

With 4 days not a hard stage

Second stage:

1000 hits  main battery --> take a cl or dd- easy

7 M credits   --> this ups the requirements, a bit annoying mission if you are not running premium. Still avarage of 1 M a day since you have 7 days for this stage.

13 wins --> easy, screems co-op

80K XP --> nasty grind but having 7 days for this stage makes it doable.

200 bomb, rocket torp hit...--> as a non (competent) cv player that leaves low tier DD's as my tool. Yolo runs in co-op it wil be.

While "savage" has some easier tasks co-op/random/scenarios still wins out

With 7 days not a too hard grind. 

3rd stage:

5 out of 6 missions. 

without premium and bonus fxp flags grindy, but you have 7 days.

20k FXP DD

20k FXP CL/CA

20k FXP BB

20K FXP CV - no cv player so this will be a no go.

100 planes  as a non cv player extremely rng dependent, hate this kind of missions. Still waiting for cv in co-op.

10M potential dmg  

This stage has a twist were you either have to play cv or not.

Might take the alternatieve "savage battle"option with 30 spotter points... yolo-rush in -spot- die- go to port -reload. Might even lose some karma but fu WG.

4th stage:

Again 5 out of 6

Hell of a grind part 2.

DD 20K base xp

Cruiser 20K base xp

BB 20K base xp

CV 20K base xp ([edited]no)

25 kills  --> easy (co op if needed)

1776 hits --> easy

The savage variant is not that much easier.

So the latter stages are a grind with a problem at stage 3 concerning either plane kills or forcing myself into savage battles...

Once again a not too kind grind from WG. I would really love some patches without any special "gifts"from WG.

[BIF]
Players
376 posts
5,255 battles

I gave up on Benham, i even wondering if its worth to grind the Hill.........have 3 USA premium DD already, not sure i need a 4th.

Came to my mind if we call the Benham Benny, then we have Hill.......................hm hm :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,738 posts
21,139 battles
10 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

With 4 days not a hard stage

With 7 days not a too hard grind. 

without premium and bonus fxp flags grindy, but you have 7 days.

What? There is no end timer for the directives, save for the event end on the 22nd July.

So only the 4th directive requires a 7 day run to the finish. 

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,757 battles
9 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What? There is no end timer for the directives, save for the event end on the 22nd July.

So only the 4th directive requires a 7 day run to the finish. 

Well i suppose you want to start the next fase as soon as possible, so this requires you to finish the previous fase as fast as possible..taking into account that fase 4 is the grindiest past and you want to have those 7 days...

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,438 posts
18,171 battles

I just bought the Hill as I can clearly see that I'm not going to make it so either grind my heart out or pay the price of a couple of pizzas. No big deal.

For the Benham I'm going to see how much fuel I can get and then get boxes for the rest. I have enough dubloons in my account to buy 25 of them without having to reach for the wallet.

That's my plan.

• Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
281 posts
14,131 battles

The directives have no end timer (other than the end of the event) but they also do not overlap. You must finish five of each set before you start on the next set.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,148 posts
14,632 battles

I just said 'knickers' and bought Hill: she's quite fun, although objectively totally unnecessary if you have other US premium DDs. The main reason being that a single blast in Coop each day gets you some fuel tokens (albeit not many), and if I complete the grind some doubloons at the end.

I quite fancy Benham, but am resigned to buying a few tokens to get her, as the entire grind is excessive.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,024 posts
4 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I just bought the Hill as I can clearly see that I'm not going to make it so either grind my heart out or pay the price of a couple of pizzas. No big deal.

For the Benham I'm going to see how much fuel I can get and the get boxes for the rest. I have enough dubloons in my account to buy 25 of them without having to reach for the wallet.

That's my plan.

This

i have plenty of us prem dds including black, as well as camos for both fletcher and chung (i am a bit of fletcher class fanboy) but some time ago i think i even posted here how sorry I am there is no premium nicholas or a permacamo for it so hill is just a candy for me, besides i smoked more then its price in cigars last week... :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Players
2,677 posts
21,665 battles

100 plane kills in consecutive missions weren't a problem before the most recent AA change. I got 13 alone in one go with me Hsienyang this morning. Read of a guy did over 80 with an Izmail.

The biggest problem I see atm is the CVs staying in port because WG made the game about 1/100th as hard for them as it has been for DDs ever since the rework.

But since WG have already announced they will be backpedalling on the AA change soonish via hotfix...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
18 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

100 plane kills in consecutive missions weren't a problem before the most recent AA change. I got 13 alone in one go with me Hsienyang this morning. Read of a guy did over 80 with an Izmail.

The biggest problem I see atm is the CVs staying in port because WG made the game about 1/100th as hard for them as it has been for DDs ever since the rework.

But since WG have already announced they will be backpedalling on the AA change soonish via hotfix...

Dds were easy then and are easy now. CV are ussles now. Solo dd can defend himself. If play in team you are no fly zone. 

It just boils down to LTP. 

And re olutional idea. Team up with friend who loves CV and play with them. Every game you will have cv against you. 100 planes. 2-3 , games. Easy peasy. 

• Boring 2

[OHFK]
Players
257 posts
6,488 battles

I dislike the plane kill missions a lot... really a lot :Smile-angry:

Step 1: get in a game with a CV (can be skipped by being in a div with somebody playing a CV)

Step 2: Pray that the CV actually comes for you, so you can get your kills.

Step 2 is my biggest problem: I can't go hunt planes. They move at 200 knots, I move at 30 knots. I'm totally depends of the CV entering my AA bubble.

If a mission says "get citadel hits", I can hunt cruisers and BB's... there is plenty of them and I can keep up with them.

But planes? Such an rng-fest :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
8 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

I dislike the plane kill missions a lot... really a lot :Smile-angry:

Step 1: get in a game with a CV (can be skipped by being in a div with somebody playing a CV)

Step 2: Pray that the CV actually comes for you, so you can get your kills.

Step 2 is my biggest problem: I can't go hunt planes. They move at 200 knots, I move at 30 knots. I'm totally depends of the CV entering my AA bubble.

If a mission says "get citadel hits", I can hunt cruisers and BB's... there is plenty of them and I can keep up with them.

But planes? Such an rng-fest :Smile_amazed:

Dan it be finished in coop ? :)

• Funny 1

[OHFK]
Players
257 posts
6,488 battles
5 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Dan it be finished in coop ? :)

The only planes in coop are spotter planes. killing 100 of them.... dear lord :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,757 battles
17 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

The only planes in coop are spotter planes. killing 100 of them.... dear lord :Smile_amazed:

WG did announce the return of CV BOTs in co-op and scenarios... But when......??

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
23 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

Not if you enter with cv friend in coop with fast ship and go hunting enemie CV

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BIF]
Players
376 posts
5,255 battles
8 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

WG did announce the return of CV BOTs in co-op and scenarios... But when......??

8.6 i think. That 200 torp hit is nice too, i dont play CV, and i play coop now only, so gonna take some time, knowing how good can bots dodge point blank torps.

Players
361 posts
17,370 battles
9 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Not if you enter with cv friend in coop with fast ship and go hunting enemie CV

Point is, there will be no enemy CV in coop until WG puts them back in that game mode. ATM they are not.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
3,048 posts
32,537 battles

I just bought the thing. must admit I didn't want to grind a lot of this..

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
13 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Point is, there will be no enemy CV in coop until WG puts them back in that game mode. ATM they are not.

That's just crap

[-TPF-]
Players
4,226 posts
17,691 battles

I haven't even looked at the requirements for this grind but they look daft. 100 torpedo hits? That just looks annoying. At least with the Benham directives you can have a laugh charging BBs in co-op to rack up 300 secondary hits. 

Hill looks a poor ship from what I've seen of it, guns are quite good in DD vs DD combat but I can't be faffing with those :etc_swear:short range US torpedoes. 

I think WG have been quite canny with this, though... Adding a ship at an impuse buy price to help shorten a major grind is an attractive idea. I just wish the ship itself was something I would use once the event was over. An OK paper ship, though, with nothing special about it? Nah. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,065 posts
9,475 battles

I wouldnt grind for Hill really... either go for Benham or just ignore it IMO.

The biggest tasks is getting all daily missions every day (well 1 day off...). If you do that, you will get Hill and even Benham "easily" (thats if you play Savage battles). First i thought, Credits will be a tough nut to crack, but turns out, its really not.

But i actually think i might get the Benham. Get a 3x div for Savage battles, that will roughly be 1~h of playing per day, get all daily missions, everything else just goes by easily.