You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Munchboii

The "Duke of York for the Ranked Sprint" Bundle

34 comments in this topic

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,968 battles

Duke of York - for the ranked sprint bundle

Features:

Duke of York

Commander with 10 skill points

slot

20x Type 59 Camouflage

cost = £35.07

I have been wanting the DoY for sometime now. I have just seen this bundle and I am tempted. The base price of the Duke of York is £30.90, so for £4.17 it is possible to get a 10 point commander + 20 camos. 

Is this a good deal?

DOY.JPG

Players
1,746 posts
9,223 battles
1 minute ago, Munchboii said:

Duke of York - for the ranked sprint bundle

Features:

Duke of York

Commander with 10 skill points

slot

20x Type 59 Camouflage

cost = £35.07

I have been wanting the DoY for sometime now. I have just seen this bundle and I am tempted. The base price of the Duke of York is £30.90, so for £4.17 it is possible to get a 10 point commander + 20 camos. 

Is this a good deal?

DOY.JPG

KGV is better and free

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
10,268 battles

The DoY is a KGV with 1 gimmick more at the cost of 5 seconds longer main gun reload.

If you only want to play battleships in ranked, the Sinop is the best choice becouse your shells will actually hit the target unlike DoY or KGV...

TLDR; No.

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
10 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

The DoY is a KGV with 1 gimmick more at the cost of 5 seconds longer main gun reload.

If you only want to play battleships in ranked, the Sinop is the best choice becouse your shells will actually hit the target unlike DoY or KGV...

TLDR; No.

KGV gets more than 1 more gimmick. It gets hydro, improved pen angles and better AA.

For Ranked sprint, eh, not terrible, but I doubt it's great either. It really only gets decent once the buff hits that gives it its last repair party.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,845 battles

I am no where near the best BB driver, but I could get DoY to work, but not KGV for some reason - it's down to choice and belief as well as play style (plus she is the DoY :) )

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,755 posts
21,179 battles

DoY is a good ship. It might have a bad rep due to reviews, but I must say it is comfortable to play and has enough benefits to be worth it.

The main one is that it is a premium, it makes better silver and you can pop in any captain you want (I like to farm captain XP with Conq captain in it).

The second is the Hydro, for a BB it is a blessing as nothing ruins your day faster than a spread of torps.

The only serious drawback that will be left after the extra heal charge is added will be the reload. But don't forget that DoY has improved pen angles, so you can blap people with AP better than KGV.

I'd say that DoY is a decent premium to have, not unique, but very solid overall.

• Cool 3

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,968 battles
37 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

KGV gets more than 1 more gimmick. It gets hydro, improved pen angles and better AA.

For Ranked sprint, eh, not terrible, but I doubt it's great either. It really only gets decent once the buff hits that gives it its last repair party.

I'm not buying this ship so much for ranked. That's just the title of this bundle. 

So from a viewpoint that this ship wont be great for ranked but will be for random battle, I think I'm going to buy this bundle. 

The £4.10 for 10pt cmdr and 20 camos is a good deal is it not?

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,385 battles

doy is a cracking ship but there is better bbs out there at tier 7

if I had to take a bb into ranked at tier 7 it would be the sinop every time

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,385 battles
Just now, Munchboii said:

I'm not buying this ship so much for ranked. That's just the title of this bundle. 

So from a viewpoint that this ship wont be great for ranked but will be for random battle, I think I'm going to buy this bundle. 

4.17 quid for 10 point commander plus 20 camos is a bargain

if you want the ship and don't mind spending a few quid more for some goodies then I would say go for it

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,968 battles
4 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

Well I've only got one thing to say to that. F*ck Russian bias and long live the royal navy. I refuse to play ships that only exist in sci-fi alternate history wet dreams of Stalin circa 1950.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
11,253 battles

I'm no great shakes at this game but I have  positive WR in Duke of York.  She'd be  would be a solid choice for me.  I  stick my Jack Dunkirk in her.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
1 hour ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

All true, except this all applies to the DoY not the KGV.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
11,253 battles
30 minutes ago, Munchboii said:

Well I've only got one thing to say to that. F*ck Russian bias and long live the royal navy. I refuse to play ships that only exist in sci-fi alternate history wet dreams of Stalin circa 1950.

Enjoying HMS Neptune?

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
6 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Enjoying HMS Neptune?

Have to say that I enjoy sinking them in my (even more historical, as she was actually built) Nagato.

Well played sir.

• Cool 2

Players
3,432 posts

When is this ranked sprint coming, would my favourite Love hate ship, the Nelson be a good one to take in?

Failing that there is always Nagato and that German one which I cannot spell right now:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
3,432 posts
2 hours ago, beercrazy said:

Scharnhorst is a better BB, as is her sister ship,quicker reload and more range too.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
7 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

When is this ranked sprint coming, would my favourite Love hate ship, the Nelson be a good one to take in?

Failing that there is always Nagato and that German one which I cannot spell right now:Smile_teethhappy:

Nelson is a bit too slow, same with the Nagato, imho of course..

Players
3,432 posts
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Nelson is a bit too slow, same with the Nagato, imho of course..

The Germans will win the day then, lol, so tempted to re buy the Scharnhorst, but that will wait until 5 months time when I can send a ticked it in to CS.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
4 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

The Germans will win the day then, lol, so tempted to re buy the Scharnhorst, but that will wait until 5 months time when I can send a ticked it in to CS.

There's always the Ashitaka as well, she's certainly not lacking in the speed and firepower department..

Players
3,432 posts
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

There's always the Ashitaka as well, she's certainly not lacking in the speed and firepower department..

Ah yes I forgot about her, when is this ranked coming in and how long do we get to enjoy it?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ah yes I forgot about her, when is this ranked coming in and how long do we get to enjoy it?

Not sure sorry.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,659 posts
44,023 battles
7 hours ago, Munchboii said:

Its a OK prize for a commander. If you can stand the Rogue Wave captains they are available for 4 000 000 credits a piece also you can buy several of same if you need them for a particular nation. That they are buyable with credits is unique.

I bought one of each not that I need them but as a collector. But if you are short of captains and have credits and accept the fantasy...

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts

@OP I would rather go with a BB that has overmatch caliber TBH since it tends to become an advantage sooner or later in most fights BUT I for one always found DoY quite OK even when popular opinion was its total crap, I d say if you are good with KGV you will be ok in DoY as well

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,408 battles

OP wants to know if it's a good deal or not.

Not if it's good for ranked.

It's funny how often people here bash others for opening a topic because it has already been answered. Yet so many here fail to read what this OP wants to know.

However, @Munchboii, you really should put in your first post that you just want to know if it's a good deal. Otherwise this thread will be full of "noooo, get KGV, it's free and much better!!!".

• Cool 1