Charles__Vane__

Is there a way to "better" report agressive players?

22 comments in this topic

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

Hi all,

Just a very bad day for me on random battles. A lot of bad teams, I certainly did not play good either; but the pinnacle was just right before I create this topic.

xxx just shot me twice, point blank. In the 10 first seconds of the game.

Is there something really adapted to report this sort of [edited] ? Or is WOWS just the wild wide west? Is this case, should I just have shot him back?

thanks a lot. I've asked other teammates to report this player, but nobody seems to care.

Charles

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
985 posts

Don't shoot back, and just report him for unsportsman behaviour. He already got penalized from WG auto system.

Opening a ticket will get u nowhere.

Just report and forget.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,120 posts
5,500 battles
47 minutes ago, Charles__Vane__ said:

ok thanks. I feel like the system does not work if people shoot point blank team mates at the start of the game, but hey...

Going to the forums works even less, especially if you break the rules by naming and shaming..

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

Ok I've edited my post. Sorry for the inconvenience, I guess I'll continue get shot and think "That's the rule".

But honestly being a T8 CA in a T10 game (as usual...wonderful MM) and starting with less life then than the DD that just shot me, great way to enjoy a game you think?

I really like this game but god it's rude for beginners.

Players
2,692 posts
21,668 battles
Vor 56 Minuten, Charles__Vane__ sagte:

I really like this game but god it's rude for beginners.

The clientele is actually very civil and mature, as MMOs go. Wanna meet a true bunch of spotty [edited], try WoT. And don't ever go near things like Rust or you will melt.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,458 posts
20,571 battles
3 hours ago, SirAmra said:

just report him for unsportsman behaviour

That does nothing. Abuse "MIsbehavior in chat" instead, every other option is worthless as they only affect karma.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,508 posts
8,691 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

That does nothing. Abuse "MIsbehavior in chat" instead, every other option is worthless as they only affect karma.

I dont feel like that does anything either.

I had people which literally exploded in Chats with insults.

And I dont mean indirect or raging about incompetence or something.

But People swearing and cursing hurling around non safe for work Insults at other peoples mothers etc.

Reported em for misbehavior in chat.

But have yet to see even a single case of something happening to such people.

[MORIA]
Players
7,701 posts
38,279 battles

I was shot on my LeTerrible by my team many times. They say "why you bring this trash with no smoke into the game?" . Same was in the past with Khaba, now people don't say / do anything when you don't go into caps. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,458 posts
20,571 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

But have yet to see even a single case of something happening to such people.

That's probably because it is kinda impossible to notice that someone is chatbanned. :)

Reporting for "Misbehavior in chat" needs more than a couple reports before the automatic system triggers apparently, but it is known to work.

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one, _sadly_, thanks guys for your comments and testimonies.

At least we can agree that reporting is pretty useless. And I don't get why WG is not able to detect that:

- in the first 30 seconds when no red ships in on the map

- when a ship shoots point blank the other ship on his flank

- and then do it a second time when the guns are reloaded...

I'm sorry but as a guys working in computers, that should not be very difficult to detect. And then, if it is, if the player is banned for 10 days for exemple (and affecting premium subscription...) I really believe they would continue to do it. If they do it, it's because they know nothing will happen.

Citation

The clientele is actually very civil and mature, as MMOs go. Wanna meet a true bunch of spotty [edited], try WoT. And don't ever go near things like Rust or you will melt.

Something I often say to my children:

It's not because someone does something worse than you that what you're doing is nice.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
985 posts
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I ment that one. I just thought unsportsman was the one

[NOWH]
Players
708 posts
5,803 battles

other feature is to click their name and select mute. you will still see them spamming map grids, but thats all.

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
672 posts
4,131 battles

I had a run in with some kid driving a DD. I say "kid" since he typed like one.

Basically he threatened to torp me if I stole his kill again. As it happened, I did no such thing. I just happened to insta kill a cruiser he was duelling with. I hadnt intended that.

Anyway, as fate would have it, another enemy cruser wandered into a spread of torps i'd fired blindly around an island and promptly sank. 

The aforementioned kid had clearly decided that this ship, too, had been his to kill.

He duly torped me while I was using my peepers to line up on a distant BB.

Three of his fish his me, sinking my ship.

At first, I was mightily vexed. Until I remembered that "el childo" would, no doubt, spend some time in the pink for his treachery.

I laughed long and lustily.

And then had another beer. 

Edited by Thundercracker_3
spelling correction
  • Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Accidents can happen. Yesterday I was in my cruiser lobbing shells over an island and a BB came and wedged himself between me and the island. As I had been in bino mode I hadn't noticed his course and a few shots hit him. I got a warning (didn't go pink) and he asked the team to report me. I said to myself 'what a jerk' at both myself and him, but when he eventually sailed serenely off right into a stream of enemy torpedo's I said to myself 'what a jerk' all over again.

My point would be that unless there is a second element to team damage, such as a message in chat like 'take that scumbag' or maneuvering to specifically shoot you then I take team damage as accidental. I've been shot in spawn and got a 'sorry' and have also narrowly missed shooting somebody in spawn myself as I grabbed my mouse. Not all damage is premeditated and intentional and you can remain sane by not creating conspiracy theories for yourself and not thinking everything is a matter for complaint.

[AAO]
Players
1,596 posts
21,235 battles

1) Naming and shaming (prolly) Pls censor the nick of the offender or the mods might take offense.

2) It's not and you should send a ticket with that replay (ideally with time-stamps when he goes off the rails) to WG

Players
48 posts
3,641 battles

I believe that the word [edited] is kinda racist. Yesterday evening it was the same for a poor italian player.

Another player, obviously from a polish clan, was yelling at him and calling him names, with quite a various vocabulary for a non native speaker I must say ;)

But it seems that WG does nothing (yes it's not that complicated to detect the word [edited], or [edited]*** and so on) for this kind of comment and it's a bigger offense to name and shame than molesting verbally people in this community.

Edit: oh it's actually funny, on the forums the words are forbidden, but in game, people can insult other players as much as they like without consequences.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

Sometimes you see name and shame from ppl you don't expect.

crap happens. If it's a minor thing like taking 1% of HP or collision you can report it and move on.

If it's some real drama with insults in the chat, write a ticket if you feel like it.

Posting screenshots with names here is worse than all of the above (and will definitely have no effect whatsoever) and even against the forum rules.

Players
2 posts
2,288 battles

Hello, this beautiful morning I start battle and early on start I was for no reason under attack team mate, well i ignoring him.. when my ship was burning and half HP after few minutes shooting on me I stop my ship and he start raming me... Well that battle I lose 40k hp +- from team hits, but still sunk one enemy ship ^^ 

Players
2,074 posts
16,239 battles

There is a way you can deal with idiot team mates that shoot you for no reason (usually someone with either hidden or very bad stats too, amazingly). If I can, and if it's the start of the battle, I bump into them (as long a it doesn't take me too far off course), so it's obviously on purpose. This is usually enough for them to start all out shooting or torping you. Hold your fire, and observe them killing themselves with reflected damage after they go pink. Now you probably have a better chance of actually winning the battle than with a player of such.. caliber.. on your team. But if this happens do your best to really try hard and help your team win. Communicate about what just happened. The other players on the map will probably understand and at least some of them will report him. Presto, now he's pink, dead, and reported (not that it's very likely he had positive karma to begin with, but w/e..)

[AAO]
Players
1,596 posts
21,235 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, AwaCZ said:

Hello, this beautiful morning I start battle and early on start I was for no reason under attack team mate, well i ignoring him.. when my ship was burning and half HP after few minutes shooting on me I stop my ship and he start raming me... Well that battle I lose 40k hp +- from team hits, but still sunk one enemy ship ^^ 

Contact support, send them the replay and enjoy that guy most likely getting served a ban for quite a while.