You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DeMiHjo

Fix the goddamn News Button?

32 comments in this topic

Players
3,428 posts
17,020 battles
10 minutes ago, DeMiHjo said:

Getting really annoyed with the News Button flashing All the feking time nomatter how many times you press "mark as read" ... 

I would not put it quite so strongly as you, but I have also noticed that issue.

TBH though, the least of my worries in the current awful patch.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,681 posts
6,497 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I would not put it quite so strongly as you, but I have also noticed that issue.

TBH though, the least of my worries in the current awful patch.

I find 8.5 pretty decent. Finally semi-working aa, and t7 ranked should be fun in divisions. A lot better than what wargaming has done for months.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
4,345 posts

Its a little bug that slipped trough.

MrConway said that fix is gonna be in the next micropatch (hotfix).

• Funny 1

Players
3,428 posts
17,020 battles
4 hours ago, thiextar said:

I find 8.5 pretty decent. Finally semi-working aa, and t7 ranked should be fun in divisions. A lot better than what wargaming has done for months.

I'm glad that you like it. I've been reading your posts in various threads and you seem like a decent person. :Smile_honoring:

As the saying goes, "One man's meat is another man's poison". :Smile_smile:

I don't like it because I don't like the "Rogue Wave" event or playing aircraft carriers.(To put it extremely mildly)

I am therefore effectively excluded from the main events - winning the USS Hill or USS Benham

(I stand no chance of doing the directive in Set #2 called "Hard-Hitting" which requires:

Get 200 "Bomb hits", "Torpedo hits", "Rocket hits", or "Caused flooding" ribbons).

However, if you are actively trying to get either or both of the reward ships, then Good Luck!:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,681 posts
6,497 battles
32 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I'm glad that you like it. I've been reading your posts in various threads and you seem like a decent person. :Smile_honoring:

As the saying goes, "One man's meat is another man's poison". :Smile_smile:

I don't like it because I don't like the "Rogue Wave" event or playing aircraft carriers.(To put it extremely mildly)

I am therefore effectively excluded from the main events - winning the USS Hill or USS Benham

(I stand no chance of doing the directive in Set #2 called "Hard-Hitting" which requires:

Get 200 "Bomb hits", "Torpedo hits", "Rocket hits", or "Caused flooding" ribbons).

Oh i gave up on the benham on day 1, waay to much effort. I like 8.5 mostly because it made random battles more enjoyable with the aa changes, and the port seems a bit smoother. I value these kinds of fixes much higher than content addition and events.

I usually dont bother too much with wargamings events, the only one i spent a lot of time with was the arms race, which i really liked(hoping we get to see it again sometime)

39 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I dont believe that you need to do every mission in each directive set, you only need to do about 5 of the missions to clear the directive, which is all you need to do to get uss hill, so thats still up for grabs for you :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
3,428 posts
17,020 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

I usually dont bother too much with wargamings events, the only one i spent a lot of time with was the arms race, which i really liked(hoping we get to see it again sometime)

I dont believe that you need to do every mission in each directive set, you only need to do about 5 of the missions to clear the directive, which is all you need to do to get uss hill, so thats still up for grabs for you :Smile_great:

I could be wrong, but from my notes, it appears that there are only 5 directives in set #2 which DO NOT need to be done in Rogue battles.

So all 5 are needed :Smile_sad:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,093 posts
5,462 battles
7 hours ago, DeMiHjo said:

Getting really annoyed with the News Button flashing All the feking time nomatter how many times you press "mark as read" ... 

That particular glitch has been around, off and on, for so long (since before 8,0 at least) that it no longer bothers me..

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,350 posts
26,186 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Its many patches old so, BS.

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

A bug that has been in the game for over a year has "slipped through"?

Interesting...

:cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,345 posts
4 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Interesting...

I never had problems (since November 2015) removing unread counter when pressing "mark as read" until this patch ... so yeah, this "bug" is new to me.

[-RDE-]
Players
317 posts
26,483 battles

has anyone noticed a drop in FPS too?  mines down around 10-15 :(

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,983 posts
13,411 battles

This issue was raised towards the end of last week (and probably before as well);

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles
13 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Interesting...

Over a year? 

I don't even remember the news button working properly :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I never had problems (since November 2015) removing unread counter when pressing "mark as read" until this patch ... so yeah, this "bug" is new to me.

Incredible, I didn't think this would be the kind of bug that could affect only a part of the player base.

I always had that bug. Always.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,345 posts
5 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Incredible, I didn't think this would be the kind of bug that could affect only a part of the player base.

I always had that bug. Always.

Interesting. Hope this info helps WG figuring out how I got "infected" then :)

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,559 posts
13,663 battles
On 6/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, DeMiHjo said:

I ususally don't say it like that but.... 

[edited]yeah that man is right, fix the notifications allready.... it's annoying to click on them mark them as read and have them show up again and again and again.

[JRM]
Players
6,993 posts

That button is wonky since i can remember, sometimes it works ok sometimes not, could not spot any pattern in it... At least to me it behaved like that but in any case so long I stopped paying attention :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles
On 6/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, nambr9 said:

Oh really? Because the hotfix is here, and absolutely nothing has been fixed.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,345 posts
9 minutes ago, Rosletyne said:

Oh really? Because the hotfix is here, and absolutely nothing has been fixed.

And how am I supposed to help you with that? I am not a WG employee :)

Players
267 posts
14,161 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

And how am I supposed to help you with that? I am not a WG employee :)

Would not expect you to. But if MrConway said such a thing, shame on him for lying to us.