Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AwesomeBoat

Torpedo protection hit?

7 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,452 battles
19 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Hi

Is this new?? When my shells hit a ship sometimes it says 'Torpedo protection hit'

Hi

Yes!!

Spoiler

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-085-rogue-wave/#gameplay

Update 0.8.5 brings updated mechanics for damage infliction to ships’ bulges, secondary battery and torpedo tube modules, and to the completely destroyed parts of a ship.

Now, when a shell penetrates a secondary battery module, a torpedo tube module, or a completely destroyed part of a ship, the dealt damage will be 10% of the maximum shell damage value. 100% of this damage can be restored using the Repair Party consumable. However, shells don't affect AA modules, and these can only be destroyed by explosions of HE shells, as before.

Have you ever received a "Penetration" ribbon for hitting an enemy ship's bulge, but the hit caused no damage to the enemy's HP? We are now introducing a new ribbon in order to avoid misleading our players. For penetrating a torpedo bulge without hitting the next layer of armor, a special ribbon will be given to a player—for shells, bombs, and rockets.

We've also renamed the torpedo protection armor elements which used to be called "Ship Plating." These are now called "Torpedo Protection."

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,144 posts
5,540 battles
39 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Hi

Is this new?? When my shells hit a ship sometimes it says 'Torpedo protection hit'

Yes, it's a way to explain some of the zero damage "penetrations" you had before.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,712 posts
6,546 battles

Its been a thing for ages, but the new update simply makes it visible

• Cool 2

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles

Only question left, why WG added "torpedo protection hit" for bombs... its not like battleships have torpedo belt on deck or somesuch, while the same icon could be used to show AP bomb failing to penetrate armored deck.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles

Got it today playing Alaska, shooting an Algerie Broadside at ~13-14km... i cant even understand how thats a thing :cap_fainting:

Guess my Alaska has DD grade AP penetration :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Got it today playing Alaska, shooting an Algerie Broadside at ~13-14km... i cant even understand how thats a thing :cap_fainting:

Guess my Alaska has DD grade AP penetration :cap_hmm:

I have odd feeling ricochet-after-penetrating-torpedo-belt uses the same icon

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this