You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Neustrashimy Gun knock-outs

25 comments in this topic

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles

So, I like my Neustrashimy. Good torps. Good concelement. Guns do hit hard when shells actually land... but and a big but, my god I lose guns all the time, which is a problem when only having 2 turrets. I run the RU captain with the preventative maintenance skill. The preventative maintenance module and still lose them every other game. Any other Neustrashimy owners suffering this? Or is this just a case of extreme bad luck?

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,905 battles

Oh, you are one of those that actually bought it... 

tenor.gif.d9f0e8365da35bad8c9809599a78c82b.gif

• Funny 8

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
4 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Oh, you are one of those that actually bought it... 

tenor.gif.d9f0e8365da35bad8c9809599a78c82b.gif

Why, 15k steel. It’s not a bad ship. And very constructive post you’ve added...

9CE17A06-8982-4928-AE1E-1CF95F97963A.gif.df838a83af5a5dfe0d512d20e49be92f.gif

Not that you’d know about how to use DD’s effectively anyway by the looks of it.

• Funny 6

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
187 posts
9,877 battles

I've run it for 60 something games, don't recall having my guns knocked out once.

Torp tubes, on the other hand, suffered several times.

I might be running the 125k credits mod instead of the speed boost module, maybe it helps. Also for 1 point skill, preventive maintenance.

Those who do not have the ship, should refrain from commenting.

They might also inform themselves and notice Neustrashimyi is the DD that gets most caps per average.

• Cool 2

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
1 minute ago, MMASK said:

I've run it for 60 something games, don't recall having my guns knocked out once.

Torp tubes, on the other hand, suffered several times.

I might be running the 125k credits mod instead of the speed boost module, maybe it helps. Also for 1 point skill, preventive maintenance.

They might also inform themselves and notice Neustrashimyi is the DD that gets most caps per average.

I have lots of success with capping also. Hummm, maybe it’s just bad RNG. We shall see maybe after 50 games plus will give me a proper assessment of the gun situation. It’s just frustrating and has cost me 3 games already. 

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
6,249 battles

Well, i just have played Ognevoi and Grosovoi and I don't have (had) problems with permanent broken turrets.

I use(d) main armaments modification and preventive maintance as tier 1 captian skill and it works quite well.

• Cool 1

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
21 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So, I like my Neustrashimy. Good torps. Good concelement. Guns do hit hard when shells actually land... but and a big but, my god I lose guns all the time, which is a problem when only having 2 turrets. I run the RU captain with the preventative maintenance skill. The preventative maintenance module and still lose them every other game. Any other Neustrashimy owners suffering this? Or is this just a case of extreme bad luck?

Or WG pulled out flashback of early Ognevoi experience, losing gun turrets every time someone looks at you as late april fools:Smile_smile:

Do not own Neustra, but don't recall gun kills on owned DDs, even including rough cases like HEblasted by Conqueror because reasons.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
2 minutes ago, MMASK said:

I dont have the ship, but... you're not my mum :Smile_trollface:

Kinda stands to reason that you Neustra would feel like it loses more turrets (whether that's actually true or not), for several reasons.

• With its superheal, it tends to live a lot longer and take a lot more shells than most other DDs could survive
  • Cappy/Scrappy/Fighty playstyle (assuming a vaguely competent captain, which is a given in this case^^) also adds to the number of hits you take
  • With only two turrets, you of course feel the loss a lot more keenly than, say, a Harugumo would

So, even if the turrets are not particularly vulnerable per se, I have no trouble believing that it might at least give the impression of losing turrets all the bloody time.

Anyone remember the early days of Ognevoi, the very ship that caused WG to... what? Double turret HP a patch or two later because it was so incredibly frustrating? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
187 posts
9,877 battles

Well, I even run it without last stand (the only DD I do that) and I've had broken torp tubes, rudder, engine, AA... but really can't recall losing main guns.

Most likely OP had some bad luck.

[MORIA]
Players
7,705 posts
38,296 battles

I get permanent gun knocked on Khaba . Like every 5th game on it the 4th turret is out. On Grozovoi I don't remember maybe once also the back one. 

Neustrashimy division with Black is ultimate cap takers when both are fun builds . No fear from Kita or Harugumo . Maybe I'll also buy it when I'll have the steel cause now I bought the Black. 2k steel left for now. Hope there'll be another snowflake event in December this year to grab some extra 11k steel from my premiums and T9&10 plus some steel from CB and ranked. :cap_tea:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
187 posts
9,877 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

I get permanent gun knocked on Khaba . Like every 5th game on it the 4th turret is out. On Grozovoi I don't remember maybe once also the back one. 

Neustrashimy division with Black is ultimate cap takers when both are fun builds . No fear from Kita or Harugumo . Maybe I'll also buy it when I'll have the steel cause now I bought the Black. 2k steel left for now. Hope there'll be another snowflake event in December this year to grab some extra 11k steel from my premiums and T9&10 plus some steel from CB and ranked. :cap_tea:

Played once with Neustra against Neustra & Black division. It was an unpleasant experience.

There might be another snowflake event this december, but not including steel as per latest reports.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,353 posts
25,043 battles

Sell that ship, no more problems.

• Boring 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles
8 hours ago, MMASK said:

Shouldn't surprise anyone considering the limited playerbase it has, no?

@Bear_Necessities it's a bit off topic but I've been wondering, what's so great about that ship when e.g. compared to a Fletcher?

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

@Bear_Necessities it's a bit off topic but I've been wondering, what's so great about that ship when e.g. compared to a Fletcher?

There’s nothing “great” in particular. But for once it’s a well balanced DD. Not overly strong or weak in any area. It’s concealment is good, 5.6km, torps are good range and hit hard 18000k, guns hit hard but are the weakness in a close up brawl.

Compared to fetch.... I’d say fletch is stronger in a knife fight but that heal hives staying power I’m finding. Live longer, have more impact over the game.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,388 posts
11,317 battles
8 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Maybe I'll also buy it when I'll have the steel cause now I bought the Black. 2k steel left for now. Hope there'll be another snowflake event in December this year to grab some extra 11k steel from my premiums and T9&10 plus some steel from CB and ranked. 

Exactly my plan !! 

[MORIA]
Players
7,705 posts
38,296 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

It's limited because of this stupid pricing. If it was 15k steel base price then I'm sure many would had bought it. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
187 posts
9,877 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Neustrashimyi can:

- if heal is managed properly, receive 35-40k damage and live

- survive harassment from T10 CV for more than 5 minutes, and fight off T8 planes for even longer

- concealment 5.6 km = same as Shima and LM Gearing, only bested by Lightning, Cossack and IJN torp boats T8 and 9, so you can control most engagements

- air concealment 2.4 km makes it hard for CVs to find you

- if specced as torp boat, which I recommend, you get 10 torps of 10km range reloading every 90 seconds

- reckon only ship that can torp rush Kurfurst

Fletcher has more firepower and better torps, but Neustra provides more flexibility imho. Not to mention the heal, I would like all high tier DDs to have heal.

• Cool 4

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,462 posts
20,571 battles
16 minutes ago, MMASK said:

- survive harassment from T10 CV for more than 5 minutes, and fight off T8 planes for even longer

16 minutes ago, MMASK said:

- air concealment 2.4 km makes it hard for CVs to find you

Can't say I share those particular experiences with the few Neustras I've encountered tbh.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

torps are good range and hit hard 18000k

EIGHTEEN MILLION DAMAGE? PER TORP?

Will this Russian bias know no end??? :cap_fainting:

• Funny 6

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
23 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

EIGHTEEN MILLION DAMAGE? PER TORP?

Will this Russian bias know no end??? :cap_fainting:

Do wish to question? It gives a free trip to Gulag if you continue 

• Funny 4

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I dont have the ship, but... you're not my mum :Smile_trollface:

Kinda stands to reason that you Neustra would feel like it loses more turrets (whether that's actually true or not), for several reasons.

• With its superheal, it tends to live a lot longer and take a lot more shells than most other DDs could survive
  • Cappy/Scrappy/Fighty playstyle (assuming a vaguely competent captain, which is a given in this case^^) also adds to the number of hits you take
  • With only two turrets, you of course feel the loss a lot more keenly than, say, a Harugumo would

So, even if the turrets are not particularly vulnerable per se, I have no trouble believing that it might at least give the impression of losing turrets all the bloody time.

Anyone remember the early days of Ognevoi, the very ship that caused WG to... what? Double turret HP a patch or two later because it was so incredibly frustrating? :Smile_teethhappy:

Could still be a deliberate balancing parameter for the ship.

I find Graf Spee torp tubes always get damaged despite being right at the arse end of the ship, while DDs literally made of torps never lose anything. Feels like it's because they are good torps with extremely generous firing angles, meaning they get used a lot and can produce more damage than is deemed normal for a T6 cruiser, so WG tune that durability down to check that server-wide damage with a sprinkle of RNG.

Same with Warspite turrets. Again it feels like they intended this because they house the best guns at T6.

No other ships I have get consistent knockouts of a specific module like this.

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
On 6/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bear_Necessities said:

@Bear_Necessities mate, I've seen that you have both Black and Neustrashimy. As I need to decide which one to take with a new coupon on Christmas, can you please share your opinion/recommendation on which one to get? You seem to do much better with Black, is it better ship in your opinion, or just a personal thing? I was always keen to get this one, but now I am afraid it can have a bit boring gameplay, on the other side if i am going to part ways with 15k steel I'd rather take stronger, more OP ship. My main usage will be fun (I know it can be hard to find recently:cap_haloween:) in randoms, 95% I play solo, so I need something with carry potential. Is Black is a safer way of getting this? I've seen a bit of both in randoms and on YT but still can't make mine mind.

Thanks in advance.

I will appreciate if anybody can share his thoughts.

Not much on Neustrashimy here on forums, I do not want to start another topic, probably there will be not much response in this part of forum anyway, so hijacked this one with a bit of Necromancy skills:Smile_trollface:.

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles
8 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

@Bear_Necessities mate, I've seen that you have both Black and Neustrashimy. As I need to decide which one to take with a new coupon on Christmas, can you please share your opinion/recommendation on which one to get? You seem to do much better with Black, is it better ship in your opinion, or just a personal thing? I was always keen to get this one, but now I am afraid it can have a bit boring gameplay, on the other side if i am going to part ways with 15k steel I'd rather take stronger, more OP ship. My main usage will be fun (I know it can be hard to find recently:cap_haloween:) in randoms, 95% I play solo, so I need something with carry potential. Is Black is a safer way of getting this? I've seen a bit of both in randoms and on YT but still can't make mine mind.

Thanks in advance.

I will appreciate if anybody can share his thoughts.

Not much on Neustrashimy here on forums, I do not want to start another topic, probably there will be not much response in this part of forum anyway, so hijacked this one with a bit of Necromancy skills:Smile_trollface:.

Yo! I'll break down my thoughts happily :)

1st up. What the stats show. 

So Black does beat the other stats of my Neustrashimy bar WR. But in large part that is due to Black being around longer and having it's stats levelled out. For Instance top page on the' Strimy does not even fill 100 players where as black has 15 pages so take that with a pinch of salt. When you judge by the top 5% of the player base in T9 DD's. Strimy is a whole level above Black. Secondly they put their damage and usefulness into different areas, I'll explain that in more detail in my thoughts on each ship.

Black. Black is a strong DD, with the US smoke and Radar combination. It's a very team orientated DD that offers good all round play. Pretty much the feature of all US DD's. It's good in cap contesting as it can force out other DD's, or use islands to get close and radar larger ships for your larger ships. It's guns are good up close but drop of in effectiveness when getting further away. But you can still rain HE and cause fire on large slower targets like BB's. It's torpedo's are slow but that actually catches a lot of ships out. and with their decent range a BB or large cruiser will likely stumble into them thinking they have already passed. Then you start fires! Yay for the BB's :P .Overall, good solid DD with no real weakness, nasty radar that can bully key zones, great when combined with teamwork  but will not match the likes of Kitty, Mogador or Jutland in a fair 1 v 1 so use those tools to make the best of it and make your enimies cry. It's STILL one of the best DD's even after all the newbies have been added.

Neustrishimy. The 'strimy is a surprising DD that while does not look great on paper with the numbers shown, excels in actual game play. 1st up, them guns. Only 2 double turrets. They give the impression you won't be doing much with them and they are a secondary thought. Wrong. They are very accurate guns. In fact the most accurate guns of all my T9 DD's. They have a slower rate of fire but they hit often (52%) and hit hard. 1700k per salvo (ish). The Torps. The torps are it's main damage strength, they hit hard, fast and have good range and respectable reload. I would suggest kitting out for a torp set up then using guns when close and needed. While not enough to sink a Kremlin from full HP to 0 you will still dev strike most ships if you land enough. If you hit a DD or cruiser? especially when they have no heals. You've ruined their game already. Now these 2 factors sound ok, nothing that makes it stand out compared to say Black, Beham, Kitty ect. Until you factor in the next 2 strengths. Heal. Concealment.  Heal, the heal is fantastic. I cannot stress how good it is. It enable you to take a beating, and go back for me. Considering it's a DD I've had games where I've taken just over 40k's worth of damage. That's more potential HP than some full HP cruisers in top tier. If you find yourself in an unfavourable fight, you can disengage and then heal back a fair bit of HP. The survivabilty factor is great. The concealment is almost best in class. Only the IJN DD's like Yugumo beat it's 5.6 km as they have 5.4km. When you combine that package all in one? Great DD. Truly. 

My personal preference? For me I have the most fun in Strimy, I like torp focused builds. Hence my love for IJN DD's and Benham. It's now down to you to decided. I recommend reading LittleWhiteMouse's review on Black https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/116070-premium-ship-preview-uss-black/ and watching the vids in this thread made by a great NA DD player for more 'strimy breakdown https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/189586-introducing-neustrashimy-the-cockroach/

Hope all this helps :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
2,264 posts
14,115 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yo!

Hope all this helps :Smile_honoring:

Thanks a lot.

I've seen KuroshioKai videos yesterday a bit later after posting here and he's kind of convinced me to her, you've just ensured me that it's good idea. 

Torpedo focused hybrid cockroach _ what's not to like? Gameplay seems more interesting than Black and Black seems to struggle solo against bigger boats. With CVs and so many radars it lost a part of its exclusive charm IMHO.  Besides I have Fletcher already in 2 forms - Chung Mu even can mount radar (no smoke though).

Only con is to get Ru torpedo focused DD captain, but I'll work something out with a bit of help from elite xp or:Smile_coin: or just will use mine Ochotnik-Tashkent,-Smolensk commander, no TAE but rest of skills will fit in nicely.

• Cool 1