Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bihari_1

Game crashes after 0.8.5 update

12 comments in this topic

[CRRZY]
Players
2 posts
7,086 battles

After the recent update, it is impossible to play the game. Crashes multiple time a game, until you come back and you are sunk. Apparently, it is known issue, so hoping it is fixed soon 

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,366 battles

Maybe because the windows update 1903? I heard that some games may crash because of it on certain computers, due to some lack of compatible drivers.

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles

11 hours ago, bihari_1 said:

After the recent update, it is impossible to play the game. Crashes multiple time a game, until you come back and you are sunk. Apparently, it is known issue, so hoping it is fixed soon 

10 hours ago, The_British_Empir3 said:

also having similar problem, game never crashed on me before until after this update. 

Check and repair option can sometimes help under game settings on game centre.

Otherwise a good old re install usually clears it up.

Ridiculous that we need to do any of this in the first place but hey....WG...

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,664 posts
44,145 battles

If you have not reintslled your windows etc in some years it tends to increase numbers of crashes with a accelerating rate

Players
5 posts
3,701 battles

Having constant crashes since 0.8.5

Playing my account on two comps, one with Win10 no problem, second one with Win7 crashes. 

Tried to fix it, reinstalled the game, installed latest Windows patches, installed latest Nvidia drivers but still crashing. 

Typically in snipe (zoom) mode screen gets frozen, you hear in background the game but cant play given picture frozen. Another type of crashes when opening the game it cant open sometimes. 

Playing this game four years, never had those technical problems before, must be serious bug with 0.8.5 

If anyone finds the solution please help

Players
2,541 posts

Though not crash itself, I've noticed some parts of picture flickering randomly after recent patch.

[JRM]
Players
7,068 posts

Didn t have a single chrash since the patch, I guess I m lucky, but i noticed some screen flicker as well

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,412 posts
11,817 battles

I would recommend removing GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling new ones.

I do this every time when I am reinstalling GPU drivers ... but that's just one of my habits. I always install GPU drivers only... never ever do I install for instance "Nvidia Experience", as I consider it to be "bloatware"...

Also what @SeaWolf7 said: Use the "Check And Repair" option accessible from the "Game Settings" button in the "WG Game Center".

It validates and fixes any corrupted game components.

If nothing of the above helps you, then I recommend reinstalling the game completely.

As for the Microsoft updates ... my OS is up2date, yet I have not detected any weird stuff ...

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,371 posts
7,567 battles
13 hours ago, Yedwy said:

..... but i noticed some screen flicker as well

Oh Thank god....I saw this as well the other day, a kind of green flicker too which I took to mean my graphics card was on the way out....

for a while there I was sh*&ing myself......

194Vn1J.gif

(Just had to pay for a new clutch last week, cant do a new graphics card as well):cap_money:

• Cool 2

[CRRZY]
Players
2 posts
7,086 battles

exactly.. never had the game crashes before update 0.8.5. WG even listed the issue in their 'Known Issues' post. Which to me clearly means that there are issues with the update. Í filed a ticket and reply was usual BS, do this do that...done everything, still crashing. My computer cannot have issues just overnight, and at the same time as the update. Just hoping that 0.8.6 will fix these issues. 

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,366 battles
1 hour ago, bihari_1 said:

exactly.. never had the game crashes before update 0.8.5. WG even listed the issue in their 'Known Issues' post. Which to me clearly means that there are issues with the update. Í filed a ticket and reply was usual BS, do this do that...done everything, still crashing. My computer cannot have issues just overnight, and at the same time as the update. Just hoping that 0.8.6 will fix these issues. 

You lucky one, I had crashes before 0.8.5 , though more they occur too often. 

Sign in to follow this