Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterfield8

Commander Transfers

11 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
6,720 battles

Are there any other available commanders in the game that can be assigned to Commonwealth, Pan Asian, Polish, ect… ships? Perhaps purchasing experienced commanders through the Armory might be an option?

[CAIN]
Players
4,682 posts
19,819 battles

I think it’s generally a bad idea to sell highly trained captains for whatever resource. 

Players
18 posts
6,720 battles

I was not referring to selling but...

example: You can purchase Jon Doe from the Armory and place him as a commander of any vessel in the US Fleet. I just purchased Haida but there do not appear to be any commanders that I could purchase and then transfer to this ship.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,126 posts
5,512 battles
21 minutes ago, Butterfield8 said:

example: You can purchase Jon Doe from the Armory and place him as a commander of any vessel in the US Fleet. I just purchased Haida but there do not appear to be any commanders that I could purchase and then transfer to this ship.

Correct.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,708 posts
14,194 battles

The Commonwealth, Polish, Pan-American and Italian ships have no unique commanders yet, you must recruit one the regular way.

The remaining nations all do have unique commanders that could be earned or bought, either temporarily available or permanently.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,421 battles
43 minutes ago, Butterfield8 said:

As far as I know are WG planning to introduce a Pan-European "nation" for nations that have only a small amount of ships like Poland and the Netherlands (upcoming destroyer Friesland).

[CAIN]
Players
4,682 posts
19,819 battles
1 hour ago, Butterfield8 said:

My bad, I misread your post. 

Players
2,696 posts
21,699 battles

Your best hope is to max out captains on the larger nations, then max out the exotic small nation captains with Elite commander XP.

Select the highest skilled captain that you can use on one of your higher tier Premiums and focus on maxing that one out first, by playing him on the currently ground top ship and all viable premiums at least till the first daily win (for the bonus), then grinding mainly his specialized ship, using the best camos and signals for maximum commander XP gain. Then the next, then the next. Once you have three or four of them, and use them regularly, you can max out any other in a lot less time.

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
6 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Your best hope is to max out captains on the larger nations, then max out the exotic small nation captains with Elite commander XP.

I was given the same and very good advice a few months ago and every word is true. As soon as you get one Elite Commander the XP grows massively and before long the next comes along, and then the next, and so on..... But with 5800 battles shouldn't the OP have some 19pt Commanders already?

Players
2,696 posts
21,699 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, 250swb sagte:

But with 5800 battles shouldn't the OP have some 19pt Commanders already?

Could be. I don't think I did though... median tier 6.7, so he obviously hates high tier wait fests and possibly spreads the love among lots of different mid tier commanders.

• Cool 1

Players
18 posts
6,720 battles

My thanks to everyone for the advice. I shall try the Elite Commander method from this point onward. I have been spreading the wealth evenly in all my national fleets and have managed to work nearly everything to Ninth Tier with  commanders around lvl. 14-15. I need to start working on the smaller nation fleets now and learning to manage the new Carrier system. 

Sign in to follow this