itwasmexD

Sound bug since 0.8.5

13 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
7,896 battles

Since the last update (0.8.5) my music is not playing in port AND battle. I used new files for the /userMusic directory and tried to repair the game files, but nothing happened so far. Same goes for original sound configuration and there are no other problems with other games/apps. However, I did a complete re-installation of the client, but this didn't work too. 

Does anyone of you know how to fix this? 

Update: I launched with another sound-card (to be precise 3, including on-board chip) but this didn't help too so the problem can't be related to any sound-card.

Update1: I have a 100% (or at least very strong) radio communication-effect allthough it was set to the minimum since i can remember. Sometimes sound seems to be like you are going against the end of the map in addition allthough I'm on open waters in the middle of the map.

Edited by itwasmexD
Updates
  • Cool 1

Players
1,077 posts
6,602 battles

Get a similar issue, the personnal music is no longer playing, only the ingame music. Without or with mods, in safe mode, checked the directory "userMusic", etc.. No change.

Other players have the same wathever OS they use.

Players
2,262 posts
14,098 battles

Here also user music does not play, using foobar2k in the background as a temporary fix. Hopefully fix will arrive one day.

Players
8 posts
7,896 battles
13 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Get a similar issue, the personnal music is no longer playing, only the ingame music. Without or with mods, in safe mode, checked the directory "userMusic", etc.. No change.

Other players have the same wathever OS they use.

Well, I don't even hear the original music... 

2 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Yesterday i send a ticket, and the answer  was to redo what i did unsuccessfully.

lol, so talking to wg won't help I guess. 

Best thing about this: I just got my 24-h-premium-time for compensating issues from last weekend just to recieve more fkin' issues. very well done wg! 

Players
1,664 posts

The sound is messed up with almost every patch. Not the sound itself, but the volume of the SFX, Gun fire, UI, Engine, voiceover and other things. I have to adjust it always new with different values to have it like before. I've seen similar posts in this forum, NA forum and reddit, so it is not just me. It was the same this time. The sound with patch 0.8.5 was extremely loud compared to before, so i had to fiddle with all sound settings to have it like before. Now we got the hotfix to 0.8.5.1 and guess what, sound was way too quiet now and i had to change around the settings again. This is so annoying.

• Cool 1

Players
271 posts
18,733 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Now we got the hotfix to 0.8.5.1 and guess what, sound was way too quiet now and i had to change around the settings again. This is so annoying.

Beyond annoying. I can live with graphical glitches or not being able to play my own music from the Warships client (VLC / Winamp, anyone?; just throw that feature in the bin). But I really, really hate when there is something wrong with the sound.